ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 173
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:41 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Best of luck to both of you. Surgery, even orthroscopic has some risk. Just do what the doctors say and keep kicking ass.
Thank you!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 09:41 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Praying for both of you, Ed and Dave. Keep fighting and stay strong!
Thank you!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:19 PM 07-28-2015
I doubt that I will and hope I never get used to needles. And I just looked at the calendar and realized it was one year ago today when I first got the call and the C word was uttered. That was after the colonoscopy and that doctor sent me over to the KU Cancer Center. The news just got worse and worse with every doctor visit until August 11th when the doc told me I also had stage IV liver cancer and 3 years to live if I was lucky.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:31 PM 07-28-2015
You're a beast, Ed.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 10:32 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I am and thanks for the support. I'm trying to get my strength and courage up for my surgery on August 12th.
I'll be thinking of you on the 12th. Keep kickin' cancer's ass!!!:-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:33 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by DA_T_84:
You're a beast, Ed.
I think it was those chocolate chip cookies you brought to me that got the ball rolling! My inner Viking was energized by them, grabbed up his axe, screamed "Valhalla!" and started hacking into the cancer-monster.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:35 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I'll be thinking of you on the 12th. Keep kickin' cancer's ass!!!:-)
Thank you very much. I think if I am not out by the time I see the surgeon, I am going to tell him that I have been battling the cancer hard since this started and now he is going to be my champion for a while. Take that colon cancer and send it back to hell where it belongs. Then I can recover and move onto the liver.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:24 PM 07-29-2015
I had my former work colleague go with me to the center today, thinking that since they called it an anesthetic test that they might, you know, TEST me with some and I wanted a back up driver in case I was not good to drive home. They drew some blood and asked me lots of questions and that was it. Kim was giving me grief for not liking needles and the nurse had to jab me twice. Kim thought it would be funny to get video of it on her phone. I got my revenge, though. When we got in the elevator, I started saying something, trailed off, and made my eyes flutter and started to let myself fall toward the wall. She gasped and reached out to catch me and I said GOTCHA!

And the nerve of her to hit a guy with cancer...
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 03:12 PM 07-29-2015
I had my former work colleague go with me to the center today, thinking that since they called it an anesthetic test that they might, you know, TEST me with some and I wanted a back up driver in case I was not good to drive home. They drew some blood and asked me lots of questions and that was it. Kim was giving me grief for not liking needles and the nurse had to jab me twice. Kim thought it would be funny to get video of it on her phone. I got my revenge, though. When we got in the elevator, I started saying something, trailed off, and made my eyes flutter and started to let myself fall toward the wall. She gasped and reached out to catch me and I said GOTCHA!

:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:19 PM 07-29-2015
I think it was those chocolate chip cookies you brought to me that got the ball rolling! My inner Viking was energized by them, grabbed up his axe, screamed "Valhalla!" and started hacking into the cancer-monster.
MOAR chocolate chip cookies for Ed & Dave :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:19 PM 07-29-2015
Buy a Berry jersey, Ed.

There's mojo in them thar' hills.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:20 PM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Buy a Berry jersey, Ed.

There's mojo in them thar' hills.
That is a good idea!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:30 PM 07-29-2015

Good friends are good, great friends are great, she's great! LIKE!!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:55 PM 08-03-2015
What has been going on today makes me long for my surgery and I can't wait for it to happen. Often, this cancer and chemo has given me the runs or close to it. Not today, flip the coin hard. I feel like I have a brick in my colon and it HURTS! I was bathed in sweat, panting for breath, and seeing spots and barely able to pass anything much larger than a bullet. I spent the last 45 minutes in or near my bathroom. I feel like someone has been stomping on my gut with golf shoes. If my surgery makes this sort of thing go away, then come and hack that colon, doc!
[Reply]
srvy 02:14 PM 08-03-2015
Ed stool softener with a prune juice chaser. Might help the constipation.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 173
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up