ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 207
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Fishpicker 03:11 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by noa:
Basil Hayden's
that's my favorite as well. I alternate between B.H. and Wellers.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:13 PM 06-19-2008
I think expensive bourbon tastes like shit. I honestly prefer the taste of plain old Jim Beam white label to anything Ive ever tried. Maybe its because its what Im used to, I dont know. I hate Crown, I hate Gentleman's Jack and all other Jack...I had some stuff that was about $100 a bottle, cant remember the name - hated it though.
[Reply]
beach tribe 03:15 PM 06-19-2008
How do you guys drink your bourbon? I like to sip it on the rocks, with a water back.

Woodford, or MM.

I don't mix bourbon. Only Sour Mash, and blended.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:28 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
How do you guys drink your bourbon? I like to sip it on the rocks, with a water back.

Woodford, or MM.

I don't mix bourbon. Only Sour Mash, and blended.
I too, prefer a sipper on the rocks with just a touch of water to take the alcohol off the nose and bring out the other flavors. I am open to all sorts of suggestions however on which to drink :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 03:32 PM 06-19-2008
I like crown and water for sippin
Canadian Myst as my cheap mixup
Jack is too expensive for me but that is all I shoot at bars because it is my thing to get a shot of jack and a beer to get the night rolling.
Gentlemen jack is good
beam is cheap but i love it too
i pretty much love whiskey of all types even though it ****s my world up
[Reply]
The Poz 03:36 PM 06-19-2008
No mention of Wild Turkey? It's affordable and I find it tasty. On the rocks of course.
Also, it's done. I ordered the case. With shipping it's gonna cost a bundle but I've got some buddies who are willing to take some off my hands. I'll save a bottle for week 1. I'll need it.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 03:37 PM 06-19-2008
Jack Black
Attached: JackBlack2.jpg (13.7 KB) 
[Reply]
DeepSouth 03:38 PM 06-19-2008
Uh Oh.
Attached: JackD.jpg (14.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Friendo 03:46 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by DeepSouth:
Uh Oh.
:-) too true

Canadian Club and Wink is one smooth mofo--bout the only way I'll mess with the dark stuff.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 04:03 PM 06-19-2008
Need more suggestions so I have an excuse to sample different kinds of whiskey....
[Reply]
crazycoffey 04:06 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by The Poz:
No mention of Wild Turkey? It's affordable and I find it tasty. On the rocks of course.
Also, it's done. I ordered the case. With shipping it's gonna cost a bundle but I've got some buddies who are willing to take some off my hands. I'll save a bottle for week 1. I'll need it.

Wild Turkey, Knob creek, woodford - all good Bourbons

Crown is a good BLEND

Makers is a good WHISKEY

Damn, people get your shit together....
[Reply]
trndobrd 04:11 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I think expensive bourbon tastes like shit. I honestly prefer the taste of plain old Jim Beam white label to anything Ive ever tried. Maybe its because its what Im used to, I dont know. I hate Crown, I hate Gentleman's Jack and all other Jack...I had some stuff that was about $100 a bottle, cant remember the name - hated it though.

Of course Crown and Jack taste like poo, they are whiskey not bourbon.
[Reply]
trndobrd 04:12 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey:
Wild Turkey, Knob creek, woodford - all good Bourbons

Crown is a good BLEND

Makers is a good WHISKEY

Damn, people get your shit together....

Makers Mark is a Kentucky Bourbon
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:13 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Of course Crown and Jack taste like poo, they are whiskey not bourbon.
Well I didnt think there was much of a difference. the Jim Beam bottle says "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey" so which is it?

EDIT: I guess for it to be bourbon it has to be made in Kentucky and aged for at least two years...not much of a difference...
[Reply]
trndobrd 04:31 PM 06-19-2008
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Well I didnt think there was much of a difference. the Jim Beam bottle says "Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey" so which is it?

EDIT: I guess for it to be bourbon it has to be made in Kentucky and aged for at least two years...not much of a difference...
And at least 51% corn.

Jack Daniels is filtered through charcoal which gives it a flavor akin to licking an ashtray.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 207
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up