ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>I phone and Verizon
HemiEd 12:41 PM 04-04-2021
I need to get some help from the CP braintrust.

The Mrs. has an Iphone 6 and wants to upgrade to a later phone. In the past Verizon has required us to pay over time after purchasing a phone from them, but that is not what I want to do.

I want to just buy a phone outright and have her service remain the same.

Is that possible anymore?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:47 PM 04-04-2021
When you go back to make the purchase prepare to use the term "GO fuck YOURSELF"
[Reply]
Kman34 12:49 PM 04-04-2021
I believe you can buy the phone without payments..
[Reply]
eDave 12:50 PM 04-04-2021
Are you still under contract with them? If not, go elsewhere. Straighttalk will let you buy your own phone elsewhere then connect up with them. And it's way cheaper with no contract. I moved there a few years ago and never skipped a beat.

I believe you may have gotten a rep more concerned about his/her commission than actual service of his/her customer. I'm on their website and can buy outright but have to hit the link to do so as it defaults to payment plans.

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:54 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I need to get some help from the CP braintrust.

The Mrs. has an Iphone 6 and wants to upgrade to a later phone. In the past Verizon has required us to pay over time after purchasing a phone from them, but that is not what I want to do.

I want to just buy a phone outright and have her service remain the same.

Is that possible anymore?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
I've been doing this for years, but not with verizon. I have and Iphone 10 unlocked and use total wireless. Total wireless uses Verizon towers and also VOIP calls for home use. I've had no issues and it's a fraction of the costs.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:23 PM 04-04-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Are you still under contract with them? If not, go elsewhere. Straighttalk will let you buy your own phone elsewhere then connect up with them. And it's way cheaper with no contract. I moved there a few years ago and never skipped a beat.

I believe you may have gotten a rep more concerned about his commission that actual service of his/her customer. I'm on their website and can buy outright but have to hit the link to do so as it defaults to payment plans.

no, both our phones are paid for and we have been with them 8 years.
It was the best we could find for service here at the lake.
Lots of great info here thanks so much to each of you!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 AM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I believe you can buy the phone without payments..
That's the only way you can do it going forward. The big 3 are all doing away with phone leases.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 04-05-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I've been doing this for years, but not with verizon. I have and Iphone 10 unlocked and use total wireless. Total wireless uses Verizon towers and also VOIP calls for home use. I've had no issues and it's a fraction of the costs.
This is the way to go. Find a reseller (best price/contract) that uses Verizon towers (best coverage).
[Reply]
vailpass 11:53 AM 04-05-2021
Ed here are the current phone deals with Verizon. You can get up to a $750 credit toward a new iphone 12 when you trade in your old phone. I don't know what they will give you for an i6. If you just want a new phone for the Mrs. and want service and everything else to stay the same then buying from Verizon is your smoothest course. Good luck.

https://www.techradar.com/deals/the-...ales-discounts
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:13 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Ed here are the current phone deals with Verizon. You can get up to a $750 credit toward a new iphone 12 when you trade in your old phone. I don't know what they will give you for an i6. If you just want a new phone for the Mrs. and want service and everything else to stay the same then buying from Verizon is your smoothest course. Good luck.

https://www.techradar.com/deals/the-...ales-discounts
Thank you very much, this seems to be the most appealing opportunity to her so far.
[Reply]
Up