ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Talk me out of trading up for Kwity Paye.
Direckshun 05:49 PM 03-18-2021
I’ve been watching the offseason for KC close, and they seem to have totally passed on all of the high quality defenders available (so far). There are no real stud pass rushers left to pursue.

The Chiefs are close to a full depth chart at DE: Clark, Charlton and Danna is good but it’s still missing a true starter.

According to Nate Taylor, the Chiefs are still in the hunt to bolster their left tackle and wide receiver holes in free agency.

Which is all fine and good, but doesn’t that make DE the largest remaining hole, if they stay true to that?

I’ve advocated for Zaven Collins before, but I was assuming they were going to plug the dam at DE. They haven’t.

Paye fits our defense better than every other DE in this draft. He can rotate inside, has Spags-friendly size and very good athleticism with enough technique to get him by his rookie year and develop more as his career continues.

He improves the team in the short run and long run. And he finally ends the damn carousel at the other DE position, and gives us talent to build from once Clark is cut in a year or two.

Best part? He doesn’t boast elite measurables, so most mocks have him falling to the teens. And if he goes top ten, you could always entertain trading into the teens anyway and taking your tackle of choice.

Tell me why this is a bad idea, folks.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 06:24 PM 03-18-2021
Hope he isn't a kwitter.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:46 PM 03-18-2021
I feel like Olivier Vernon and Jordan Jenkins would be solid pickups yet.

As for DE, it's a pretty deep draft without any clear-cut top dog but a lot of promise.

I think you can get one at 31 every bit as much as trading up. I don't feel that way about some other positions.

As for Paye himself, I think he's as complete of a DE as any in this draft and may be the top guy at the position. He has a solid chance of going in the top 12 picks. If he falls near 20, maybe.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:54 PM 03-19-2021
I feel like his brother Pooty Tang is a better prospect
[Reply]
Dante84 02:58 PM 03-19-2021
Because we'll need an OT.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 03:39 PM 03-19-2021
I kinda want Joseph Ossai. I think he's fairly versatile and feels like a Terrell Suggs starter kit.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:05 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Because we'll need an OT.
This
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:41 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
I kinda want Joseph Ossai. I think he's fairly versatile and feels like a Terrell Suggs starter kit.
Ossai, at his absolute peak, is Dee Ford.
[Reply]
Stryker 05:59 PM 03-19-2021
He may make it as low as 18 to Miami. We need an OT. If we were to "think" about moving up then we might as well go all the way to the top 10 to grab Penei Sewell. That right now is the ONLY player I would want to trade up for. His projection lately was to the Bengals at 5 but they just sighed Reiff. We moved up for Mahomes why not move up for Sewell and move forward. Fill in other needs after draft for June 1 releases with the money held from not getting Trent Williams. Just my immediate .02
Chiefs gave up pick 27, a 3rd and the first in 2018. Give the Bengals our 31st, a 3rd and 2022s 1st and see if they bite.
[Reply]
philfree 06:58 PM 03-19-2021
He Kwit after he get payed.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:23 PM 03-21-2021
Poof, you are not the GM of an NFL team. You cannot trade up or select any player in the NFL.
[Reply]
kcbubb 09:58 PM 03-22-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I feel like his brother Pooty Tang is a better prospect
Haha!!! I didn’t see that coming. Sign my pitty on the runy kign
[Reply]
Up