ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Wireless outdoor security camera.
lewdog 07:35 AM 09-09-2018
Looking to add one camera that videos down my walkway and hits my driveway. Want something wireless for ease of setup.

Any recommendations? Things to be aware of with wireless cameras?
[Reply]
lewdog 08:59 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Yeah, wish I would have waited. Im up to 3 now. I'm pretty happy for the most part, the servers suck sometimes making it very slow to load video and the battery life is terrible if you have it set up like I do...best video quality, longest recording per clip and shortest amount of time between clips.
How long are the batteries lasting you?
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:15 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How long are the batteries lasting you?
At the most draining (but best) settings on my front porch that sees the most action about 2 weeks. The one on my driveway about 3 and I don't know about the one on my back porch, I keep it off most of the time because I just got a new puppy and got tired of setting it off every hour when he goes out to pee.
[Reply]
srvy 09:31 PM 11-27-2018
At the most draining (but best) settings on my front porch that sees the most action about 2 weeks. The one on my driveway about 3 and I don't know about the one on my back porch, I keep it off most of the time because I just got a new puppy and got tired of setting it off every hour when he goes out to pee.
Can it use rechargeable batteries?
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:42 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by srvy:
Can it use rechargeable batteries?
I've read it can't but others have said they will but could damage them. Only lithium batteries are recommended because they withstand extreme heat and cold.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:33 AM 11-28-2018
Jesus. That’s a lot of batteries if replacing every few weeks.

My camera only goes off about 5-7x per day. Hoping I get more out of the batteries than you.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:47 PM 11-28-2018
Blink just added "activity zones" with the latest update. Now you can grey out portions of your motion detector to prevent it from activating. This is huge! No more giant trucks setting off my driveway camera when they go by.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:52 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Jesus. That’s a lot of batteries if replacing every few weeks.

My camera only goes off about 5-7x per day. Hoping I get more out of the batteries than you.
I have it set to record for 60 seconds with a retrigger time of 10 seconds on enhanced. I also get a lot of false triggers due to my high sensitivity...probably goes off 10+ times/day. The new activity zones should help a little.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:18 AM 11-30-2018
What is the cheapest device you can buy for this purpose? A wireless security camera that will send the video to a cell phone or household device.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:05 PM 11-30-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
What is the cheapest device you can buy for this purpose? A wireless security camera that will send the video to a cell phone or household device.
I dont know if Blink is the cheapest overall, but its the cheapest of the highly reviewed cameras that meets your criteria.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:34 PM 11-30-2018
I actually picked up the 3 pack of Blink XTs on Black Friday. I will try to get them set up this weekend. I moved to a more rural area so I'm wondering how much the local wildlife will set it off.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:26 PM 12-04-2018
One of my Blinks (the newest, had only a month) already shit out on me. I set it off at night and it started making a continuous loud clicking sound, now its toast. Luckily Amazon refunded my money even though it was a few days outside of their return policy. I hope this was just a fluke.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up