ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>Fallout 76
Frazod 08:16 AM 05-30-2018
https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announce...-76-1826417383

Bethesda Announces Fallout: 76

The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort.

Here’s the teaser trailer:

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:46 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Social media mob mentality is going to kill a lot of games. Started in earnest maybe a decade ago with the reactions to Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, as well as to an extent The Old Republic and more recently Andromeda (and you see it already with Anthem...), and it's clearly spread from BioWare to Bethesda, first with ESO and now with FO76. I still believe publishers are paying companies to manipulate social media (much like we saw in the 2016 election...). At this point games are getting crucified before they even get out the gate, before anybody can possibly have formed an objective opinion on them.

And the goal posts for what's good and what's not have clearly been moved. A game is either a 10/10 "best ever!" or it's a complete dud. There's no in between. Games like the BioWare titles I mentioned are talked about like they killed BioWare as a studio, simply because they were merely good. Probably 7 or even 8 out of 10's by any fair measure, but they're talked about like they're the anti-Christ of video games. Because the mob has spoken.

I read no press on fo76 before launch. I continue to read no press about it now. I continue to enjoy the game. I really think we poison our own well when we let other people decide whether or not we enjoy something.
I definitely agree, seems like it's the Angry Joe sjw crowd. I've learned to do the opposite of what most reviewers recommend honestly.
[Reply]
notorious 07:51 AM 12-09-2018
Angry Joe is a SJW? I’ve watch a lot of his content and really haven’t noticed that tone.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:37 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Angry Joe is a SJW? I’ve watch a lot of his content and really haven’t noticed that tone.
Check out his long rant when Trump won the Election, it's a doozy. My son watches him a lot, he's kind of like a trainwreck I guess.
[Reply]
notorious 08:44 AM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Check out his long rant when Trump won the Election, it's a doozy. My son watches him a lot, he's kind of like a trainwreck I guess.
Ahhh, I just watch his reviews. At least he keeps his politics out of the main shows. I can respect that.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:07 PM 12-10-2018

[Reply]
Bump 12:47 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I went in thinking it would be the worst game ever, and I haven't put it down since launch. I have ALWAYS wanted an online fallout and this fits the bill for me. It is incredibly buggy but if you can get past that the map is huge and the quests are many and unique. Games strong points are the huge ass map that's 4x the size of Fallout 4 so exploring is great and it's probably closer to a Fallout loot shooter than a traditional RPG. I know it's getting a lot of hate but I really do enjoy it fwiw especially playing with my buds online.
I was considering picking it up, haven't followed the game very closely except how much everyone has been hating on it.

It seems like something I might like, I don't like MMOs or games like destiny where it's fun at first but then once you reach end game it's required to find people to play with so you can do the end game content. Are the devs going to keep working on it, improving it and adding onto it you think?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:11 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Bump:
I was considering picking it up, haven't followed the game very closely except how much everyone has been hating on it.

It seems like something I might like, I don't like MMOs or games like destiny where it's fun at first but then once you reach end game it's required to find people to play with so you can do the end game content. Are the devs going to keep working on it, improving it and adding onto it you think?
I have no idea but I do think this is their baby and they're gateway to the online industry. My guess is yes they will keep it going as even now they are banning people for cheating and patching glitches that allow dupes and stuff pretty fast. I do know I'm still playing it and probably will until Anthem comes out. I don't know what it is but it's very hard to stop playing it and I don't seem to get bored like I do with other games like Destiny.

I don't think the criticism is out of line, mainly glitches as far as I can see but the 2nd huge patch is coming out in less than an hour adding a lot to it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:39 PM 12-11-2018
I don't pvp but this is hilarious...and I hope they add a choice of shoot on sight servers for these guys

[Reply]
Jerm 06:49 PM 12-22-2018
Started this today and played for a few hours....I'm actually enjoying it. Haven't had any connection problems and seen few bugs, surprised me.

Was just wandering around, came across this church in a cemetary...the name escapes me.

Well it was filled with skeletons and a bunch of weird shit lol...it was basically a cult.

Creepy as hell.

Ready to put more hours in...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:53 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Started this today and played for a few hours....I'm actually enjoying it. Haven't had any connection problems and seen few bugs, surprised me.

Was just wandering around, came across this church in a cemetary...the name escapes me.

Well it was filled with skeletons and a bunch of weird shit lol...it was basically a cult.

Creepy as hell.

Ready to put more hours in...
If you can get past the nerdrage it's quite fun, I love the trading aspect of it as well. Some of the glitches are actually fun too lolz. I've been playing it exclusively since launch, it's an online coop fallout game.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up