ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:18 PM 06-07-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Season 3 was in the pooper.
Season 4 seemed to rescue it from the toilet.
Season 5 seems to be hollering for someone to shut off the water main and asking for a plunger asap.

[Reply]
007 11:30 PM 06-12-2017
it was better than season 3
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:46 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
it was better than season 3
It might have been, I have essentially purged 3 from my memory. I just know I thought 4 really righted the ship. 5 felt like the whole season was a long setup and left off rather ho-hum.
[Reply]
007 11:54 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
It might have been, I have essentially purged 3 from my memory. I just know I thought 4 really righted the ship. 5 felt like the whole season was a long setup and left off rather ho-hum.
While I enjoyed some of the twists of the season it still just felt flat at the end.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:58 PM 10-30-2017

Netflix Pulls Plug On ‘House Of Cards’ Next Year After Kevin Spacey Sexual Advances Claims https://t.co/nci1vZfCfK

— Yashar Ali 🐘 (@yashar) October 30, 2017

[Reply]
Nickhead 02:11 PM 10-30-2017
so, was corey feldman right all along? and was there any real truth to podestapizzapedogate?

https://steemit.com/pizzagate/@ausbi...ection-history
[Reply]
TLO 05:24 PM 11-28-2018
Anyone watched the new season?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:35 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by TLO:
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep.

Sucked.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:47 PM 11-28-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
I really wish Netflix would have had the courage to end it with Doug assassinating Frank at the end of Season 4 and Claire taking over. She even could have stared at the camera and pounded the desk to end it.

Seasons 5 and 6 were travesties
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 12:00 PM 11-29-2018
Posted via Mobile Device
Not a chance.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:11 PM 11-29-2018
Posted via Mobile Device

Watched the first episode and it was terrible. I’ll likely finish it at some point but, I’m in no hurry for it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 12:20 PM 11-29-2018
I never watched any of this. I am so sick of political BS coming at me from all directions, I'm not gonna watch a show about it .... unless it's like Game of Thrones and people get their heads (or worse) chopped off.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:37 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I never watched any of this. I am so sick of political BS coming at me from all directions, I'm not gonna watch a show about it .... unless it's like Game of Thrones and people get their heads (or worse) chopped off.

[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 12:47 PM 11-29-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Agreed. Was watching Daredevil the other night and it was very clear they were trying to draw parallels between Kingpin and Trump. Just stay the fuck out of my entertainment! If I want this shit I will watch CNN or Fox News!!!
[Reply]
Great Expectations 02:54 PM 11-29-2018
Art isn’t going to stop imitating life.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Up