ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
eDave 07:10 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Chromatic:
Season 3 was way inferior to the first 2. A lot of plots went nowhere and petered out for another plot. It was directionless and scatterbrained.

Hope the 4th season is the last because there's really not a lot left they can do with these characters.
13*4=52. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 PM 03-04-2015
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
Just finished watching season 3. Probably won't watch season 4.

Spoiler!
Well I was enjoying it....

You make good points all around. Even still I hadn't watched since season 2 dropped, so I had forgotten some of the nuance that you obviously didn't.

I still think it's a good show. Not as good as it could or should be but still worth the watch.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:47 AM 03-06-2015
Claire walking out makes no sense. They have spent their whole lives calculating to get to this point in power and you just walk away? Without a real good reason. You just don't feel it anymore? This is what happens when you let the actors direct and control the show.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:57 AM 03-06-2015
Loved seasons 1 & 2, but this one just seemed like they rushed it through production. I still like the characters, but the story lines in season 3 were just all over the place. People love ruthless Frank and Claire, not the dramatic couples therapy crap we were given, especially the last few episodes. Terrible ending, though I did like Stamper finally putting Rachel in the ground.

I suppose the one good thing is that they can really take it in any direction they want for Season 4. Hopefully they'll take their time and get back to what worked so well in the first 2 season.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 12:47 PM 03-06-2015
Either Frank figures out a way to keep Claire from leaving, or season 4 is just going to be the total dismantling of his legacy. He'll probably be in jail by the end.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:00 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Either Frank figures out a way to keep Claire from leaving, or season 4 is just going to be the total dismantling of his legacy. He'll probably be in jail by the end.
He strikes me as the type who would eat a bullet before going to jail.
[Reply]
cookster50 08:04 PM 03-06-2015
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I predict Frank does something illegal, surprise. But this time actually gets caught and impeached. Show over.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:57 PM 03-07-2015
My prediction is that it comes full circle and somehow it gets proven that he killed Zoe and possibly Peter. I think he goes to jail for murder, among other things.
[Reply]
eDave 03:12 PM 03-07-2015
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6810828.html

I like the take on the sex. I originally thought, after he didn't rough **** her, that it was about his homosexuality. Rather, it was what he wouldn't do for her that she did for him.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:39 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Claire walking out makes no sense. They have spent their whole lives calculating to get to this point in power and you just walk away? Without a real good reason. You just don't feel it anymore? This is what happens when you let the actors direct and control the show.
Yeah, I didn't really get that. I found myself wondering if I missed an episode where he really screwed her over or something. He gave her most of what she wanted, and she's obviously smart enough to realize political realities when something may have to happen that she doesn't like. For her to just leave is not consistent with her character at all.

I did like the Putin-esque Russian president.
And the Stamper story was decent when we weren't sure who side he was on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:55 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Yeah, I didn't really get that. I found myself wondering if I missed an episode where he really screwed her over or something. He gave her most of what she wanted, and she's obviously smart enough to realize political realities when something may have to happen that she doesn't like. For her to just leave is not consistent with her character at all.

I did like the Putin-esque Russian president.
And the Stamper story was decent when we weren't sure who side he was on.
Putin made him dump her as the UN ambassador. That's supposed to be the big slight.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:05 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Putin made him dump her as the UN ambassador. That's supposed to be the big slight.
I thought she seemed to understand the situation. Maybe I misread it.
"Putin" sure was a dick. His line that Frank should bring Claire along because there were lots of artists around was pretty funny.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:10 PM 03-07-2015
This was my least favorite season yet. The first two were incredible, so my expectations were crazy high for season 3. It was still enjoyable, but a bit of a let down overall.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:20 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6810828.html

I like the take on the sex. I originally thought, after he didn't rough **** her, that it was about his homosexuality. Rather, it was what he wouldn't do for her that she did for him.
From that link, one of the questions is answered, "If there is a subsequent season..."

If? This thing isn't already set for another season?

Baby Lee--this is your department. What is the status?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:23 PM 03-07-2015
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I thought she seemed to understand the situation. Maybe I misread it.
"Putin" sure was a dick. His line that Frank should bring Claire along because there were lots of artists around was pretty funny.
I laughed. Stacey's response was classic.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up