ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 41
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 05-18-2012
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

[Reply]
Valiant 09:23 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Yes. Nuts that it's a really horrendous depiction of Green Arrow and the DCU.
Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 10:05 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Why? Because they tried to make it as realistic to reality as opposed to comic book reality?

As long as it does not go the smallville route, it should do great.. Man that show sucked mid seasons all the way to the end.
You find Arrow realistic? :-) Realistically shite. It's a pretentious circus mashup between Nolan's Batman universe and Nu52 with trademark CW emo teen drama stamped on its forehead. It's a horrendous depiction of the DCU because they took a well established Golden Age character and shit all over him in attempt to make him Batman-lite with every episode featuring a Batman associated character.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:12 PM 03-21-2014
I'm about 3 miles from The CW station.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:13 PM 03-21-2014
Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman. It is better so far than most other comic tv series..

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..

But since you seem to be a know it all, tell me how you would rather the series be and what villains of his you want?
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 11:37 PM 03-21-2014
Umm, Arrow was darker and edgier than batman for quite a while before nolan batman.
Um. Wut. The first season of Arrow came out like 4 months AFTER the LAST Nolan movie.

It is better so far than most other comic tv series..
Probably. That's not saying much.

What do you want him running around campy golden age like in bright green? Or do you want to give him a british accent and give money to the poor?
I don't give a shit about what he wears, though the makeup was a bad look before and not a fan of the long sleeves. I'd rather him act like, you know, Oliver Queen instead of a watered down version of Nolan's already whiney rendition of Bruce Wayne. You don't have to be a pathetic emo bitch to be "dark and gritty." Ollie is no stranger to murder and remorse but how he deals with it is the opposite of Bruce.

As for villians, his are shit. It is smart of them to at least bring in greater known villians, especially since they will probably never be a serious live action batman series..
His villians are shit, except for Merlyn and Count Vertigo (who in this series is a blatant ripoff of Heath Ledger's Joker--coincidence?), but it gets old when they rewrite every single Batman associated character to revolve around "Arrow," even the more obscure ones. They already introduced Barry Allen, why not dig through his rogue gallery to tie in with the spinoff show when it rolls around? There are plenty worthy villians in the DCU that don't require being taken from the Batverse. Even the ones they did aren't exactly "mainstream" or "well known" so what's the point other than blatantly taking the position of "well since we couldn't get the Batman license, let's just make Arrow as close to Batman as possible."
[Reply]
Valiant 06:48 PM 03-22-2014
Comic wise Green Arrow has been dark a while, attributing it to nolan is stupid. It is smart to stay away from anything from 90s to golden age...

Outside of deathstroke his villains have been lame, but guess what? His villains in the comics are worse..
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:51 PM 03-23-2014

[Reply]
buddha 09:36 AM 03-24-2014
The new season is BORING.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 AM 03-24-2014
I don't think I've seen ragged robin have anything positive to say about anything comic movie or show related.

He's one of the comic book readers who wishes it hadn't gone mainstream is my guess. There are people like that for every type of entertainment.
[Reply]
Cmd'r&Chief 10:21 AM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by buddha:
The new season is BORING.
Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a retarded choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:36 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by Cmd'r&Chief:
Yep, bringing Sarah back as a regular was a retarded choice. It ruined the present day story, and the island story.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Cmd'r&Chief 05:39 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
Spoiler!
Let's hope so. I think there has been too much story line dedicated to her. That with combination of Arrow going soft, this season just hasn't been as suspenseful or exciting.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:15 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
in the comic's sarah dies from what i have gathered, so that may happen by seasons end
She doesn't exist in the comics. Neither does Laurel. Both are made up characters (ala "Rachel" or "Blake" in the Nolan movies) who only exist in this show. CW has already publicly said that they intended for Laurel to become Canary--but this was in Season 1 before Sarah came back so maybe they changed directions and brought Sarah back for this purpose instead.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:30 PM 03-27-2014
Good episode lastnight. Next week should be a good showdown with Deathstroke. oNly parts i didnt care for was Laurel looking right at Sara with a tiny mask over her eyes and not recognizing her own sister, but its a comic book tv show so i can let that go. The fight Season with Black Canary and The Huntress was pretty badass.

Like this dudes recap, he does alot of explaining on things.
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:32 PM 03-27-2014
lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual shit. didnt realize it was that much.haha

[Reply]
Page 12 of 41
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up