ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 268
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:12 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
I've only read 'Bloodline', but after researching the above mentioned character, it's as good a possibility as any.

No force-sensitivity confirmed though.
Apparently, there's a passage in Life Debt that confirms it.

Also, that Jakku is a very important planet. Supposedly, it was extremely important 1,000 years ago and according to Palpatine, it will be important again.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 06:59 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Have you read Aftermath or the newly released novel Life Debt?

If so, do you agree with the speculation that Admiral Rax is possibly Snoke?
I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan, but haven't read many of the books. Could it be possible the Snoke is simply just a net new character?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:04 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I consider myself a pretty big Star Wars fan, but haven't read many of the books. Could it be possible the Snoke is simply just a net new character?
Yes, he's a new character but the books I mentioned tell the backstory of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. They're brand new canon.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 07:15 PM 07-13-2016
Yes, he's a new character but the books I mentioned tell the backstory of what happened between ROTJ and TFA. They're brand new canon.
You recommend them?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:17 PM 07-13-2016
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
You recommend them?
I haven't read them yet.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:56 PM 07-13-2016
Bloodline was terrible, IMO. I got about 100 pages in and just got bored with it.

I really enjoyed the first Aftermath novel, though. Very reminiscent of the Rebels cartoon. Need to pick up the second, stat.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:56 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
Bloodline was terrible, IMO. I got about 100 pages in and just got bored with it.

I really enjoyed the first Aftermath novel, though. Very reminiscent of the Rebels cartoon. Need to pick up the second, stat.
I've noticed over the years, regardless of who is doing the writing, Leia is a pretty boring read.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:01 AM 07-14-2016
I've been audio-booking the Bane trilogy. Gawt DAMN that is some of the best shit ever written. The post-III era, when Lucas was letting the best authors run backwards and forwards through the timeline was the best era of SW writing in my opinion.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:29 AM 07-14-2016
My hunch and others as well is Snoak is really darth plagueis.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:15 AM 07-14-2016
I've noticed over the years, regardless of who is doing the writing, Leia is a pretty boring read.
I always liked her scenes in Shadows of the Empire (with Xixor seducing her) and the Thrawn trilogy, though. Loved how the Noghri called her "Lady Vader."

I think Bloodline is just shitty.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:52 AM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
My hunch and others as well is Snoak is really darth plagueis.
Lucasfilm has repeatedly claimed this is patently false.

Neither Snoke nor Kylo Ren have ever been Sith.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:32 PM 07-14-2016
Lucasfilm has repeatedly claimed this is patently false.

Neither Snoke nor Kylo Ren have ever been Sith.
They would lie wouldn't they, only SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:38 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
They would lie wouldn't they, only SITH DEAL IN ABSOLUTES!
No, they're not "lying".

Follow Pablo Hidalgo on Twitter for proof.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:41 PM 07-14-2016
Originally Posted by Smellway:
I always liked her scenes in Shadows of the Empire (with Xixor seducing her) and the Thrawn trilogy, though. Loved how the Noghri called her "Lady Vader."

I think Bloodline is just shitty.
Meh. Xixor is the interesting one in those exchanges. The only parts I like are the exchanges between her and Han throughout the books.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:48 PM 07-14-2016
Meh. Xixor is the interesting one in those exchanges. The only parts I like are the exchanges between her and Han throughout the books.
95% of the EU books are just flat out awful.

I don't know if the writing is any better in the new books but I'll bet they're not as goofy (i.e, ysalamiri).

Although "Force Tree" rumor is nearly as lame.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 268
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up