ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:31 PM 04-03-2020
Where is this chatter that the Chiefs want Clowney coming from?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:41 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I guess I'm the only guy in the entire world who thinks Clowney is overrated.

Yes, he's been named to the Pro Bowl numerous times (and All-Pro a time or two), but I still don't see it.

Maybe it's because we consistently kicked Houston's ass, I don't know. Nevertheless, I remain skeptical.

FAX
This
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:16 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Where is this chatter that the Chiefs want Clowney coming from?
From morons. Dude is overrated.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 PM 04-03-2020
Good. Keep everything we can intact and repeat.
[Reply]
Bump 01:19 PM 04-03-2020
awesome! He's quiet during the regular season, but a straight beast in the playoffs when it matters most!
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:32 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
How much cap space do we have going into 2021? Also, Veach knows what he is doing. All the deals he’s signed this offseason have been one year deals
It’s estimated to be as high as 240m.

We can ink Jones and Mahomes and still have coin in 2021.

2020 is the challenge. Not 2021.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:37 PM 04-03-2020
This offense will be unstoppable as long as everyone stays healthy. I expect us to draft a RB to pair with Williams.
[Reply]
FAX 01:45 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This offense will be unstoppable as long as everyone stays healthy. I expect us to draft a RB to pair with Williams.
There have been a few mocks that anticipate us drafting RB at 32, Mr. Halfcan.

I'm not buying it.

Wally and Veachy haven't really demonstrated a desire to draft running backs with high picks. I can only surmise that their philosophy is different ... based on the idea that you can get quality backs in later rounds, or pick them up in FA on an ad hoc basis.

Wally has always gotten production out of his RBs - no matter where they came from.

If we do select a back in this draft, I expect it to be 3rd round or later.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 01:49 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
For the folks saying Sammy had no other choice (otherwise he’d be cut). The exact same thing was said about Berry and Houston last year by folks convinced they’d restructure, and they didn’t. Sammy does deserve kudos here.
Definitely so, Mr. Chiefspants.

Sammy has moved his family, cut his hair, faithfully worked with the trainers/doctors and then found himself with a ring and an important role on a team that gives a crap about him (something he hasn't had since college).

He made the right call here ... both for the team and for himself, IMHO.

FAX
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:51 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We don't know that Berry was even offered the chance to restructure. Or Houston for that matter.
There was a national writer (I'll have to dig for it) who said that because Berry played in only 3 and a half games after 2 years, that any "reasonable agent" would agree to a re-structure to help the Chiefs future cap hits since they had compensated him at full price his first two seasons.

There was A LOT of smoke about Houston saying no to a re-structure. I mean, it's possible the Chiefs didn't offer re-structures, but you'd think the Chiefs would have loved to have avoided so much dead money if it were possible. With the chatter from last season, it seemed both Berry and Houston just flatly refused to negotiate. Heck, Berry was going to "play for us" in 2019 (saying he didn't need surgery) before admitting days before our Super Bowl in 2020 that he wasn't "mentally right" to even take the field in 2019.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:53 PM 04-03-2020

I'm not buying it.

Wally and Veachy haven't really demonstrated a desire to draft running backs with high picks. I can only surmise that their philosophy is different ... based on the idea that you can get quality backs in later rounds, or pick them up in FA on an ad hoc basis.

Wally has always gotten production out of his RBs - no matter where they came from.

FAX
A RB in the first 3 rounds would be a luxury for sure- then I watch the highlights from Dobbins and a few others. We need a better running game to take the pressure off Mahomes- but we also need help on the O line and LB.

Even without the draft- this team is stacked. We could go out this Sunday and beat any team in the NFL right now.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:55 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
A RB in the first 3 rounds would be a luxury for sure- then I watch the highlights from Dobbins and a few others. We need a better running game to take the pressure off Mahomes- but we also need help on the O line and LB.

Even without the draft- this team is stacked. We could go out this Sunday and beat any team in the NFL right now.
I'm not a fan given Andys track record, but there seems to be thought thats gaining steam that a good running back should be taken in the late first just for 5 years of cheap control. Then rinse and repeat.

*edit i guess* 7 years if you wanted to tag the guy
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:58 PM 04-03-2020

I'm not buying it.

FAX
Same here, Mr. Fax.

Kareem was taken in the 3rd round. Wally had no issue completely replacing Kareem's production with Damien Williams (picked up from MIA at 1m a year) in time for the 2018 and 2019 playoffs. I'm not sure why Reid would alter that formula now.
[Reply]
FAX 01:59 PM 04-03-2020
Yeah ...

I'm convinced that the Chiefs offered Houston a re-structure and he told them to pound sand. I wasn't in the room, of course ... but that makes the most logical sense (based on what went down).

I have a theory that he was pissed that we were interested in trash-canning Berry and Ford. And, of course, he thought he could get a better deal elsewhere (which I suppose he did ... so good on him).

As for Berry, that entire situation was f***ed up after he got cancered. Although he got himself a "Comeback Of The Year" award, things went south due to his unwillingness to re-work his deal and (eventually) take the field. That's one of the sad chapters in Chief's lore, right there. Should have ... and could have ... ended differently.

FAX
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:59 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm not a fan given Andys track record, but there seems to be thought thats gaining steam that a good running back should be taken in the late first just for 5 years of cheap control. Then rinse and repeat.

*edit i guess* 7 years if you wanted to tag the guy
It would be 4 years of "cheap control", not 5, under the old CBA and definitely under the new CBA:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...020-and-beyond

If a player makes the Pro Bowl twice in their first three seasons, their fifth-year option will spike to the price of the franchise tag.

At that point, depending on the position, teams may choose to let those guys walk and take a Comp Pick instead.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 21
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up