ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:03 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wanna talk about something fun......some serious speculation running rampant that if Clowney drops his asking price to 13-14 per the Chiefs may make a few moves and make a run after him.
Charles Robinson has reported the Chiefs are not in on Clowney.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 04-03-2020
Speaks future most likely is as a DT, dude is fat and can't seem to shed weight well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:05 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Hmmmm...trade Jones for a 1 & 3, Clowney to a 1 yr deal, draft an edge (Espensa) and give him a year, move Speaks inside, draft a RB with the extra 3rd.

Hmmmm...
Never going to happen. Jones will be a Chief in 2020.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:06 PM 04-03-2020
This Watkins deal is the first shoe to drop.

It gives us 5m, and you can use that for your draft class.

You can extend Jones, which gives you 8-10m in extra cap space.

That, along with a few other moves, would make the room you need for Bashaud Breeland.

Lastly, you can ink Mahomes too. Mahomes is still on a rookie deal and other than his signing bonus, which you can easily spread, that first year will cost you very little until it balloons in his second or even his third year.

We’ll see how this plays out, but folks, it’s possible Veach is playing some four dimensional chess with the cap.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:08 PM 04-03-2020
Speaks future most likely is as a DT, dude is fat and can't seem to shed weight well.
Or blockers.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:10 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

That, along with a few other moves, would make the room you need for Bashaud Breeland.

Lastly, you can ink Mahomes too. Mahomes is still on a rookie deal and other than his signing bonus, which you can easily spread, that first year will cost you very little until it balloons in his second or even his third year.

We’ll see how this plays out, but folks, it’s possible Veach is playing some four dimensional chess with the cap.
I agree, I'm pretty sure this is the plan Veach is going for. He's going to get Jones to accept some kind of creative contract, maybe even some kind of bridge contract and then sign Breeland for another year.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:11 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

How much cap space do we have going into 2021? Also, Veach knows what he is doing. All the deals he’s signed this offseason have been one year deals
[Reply]
FAX 12:11 PM 04-03-2020
I guess I'm the only guy in the entire world who thinks Clowney is overrated.

Yes, he's been named to the Pro Bowl numerous times (and All-Pro a time or two), but I still don't see it.

Maybe it's because we consistently kicked Houston's ass, I don't know. Nevertheless, I remain skeptical.

FAX
[Reply]
penguinz 12:13 PM 04-03-2020
Speaks future most likely is as a DT fast food employee, dude is fat and can't seem to shed weight well.
fyp
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:16 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:

Yes, he's been named to the Pro Bowl numerous times (and All-Pro a time or two), but I still don't see it.

Maybe it's because we consistently kicked Houston's ass, I don't know. Nevertheless, I remain skeptical.

FAX
I'm with you, FAX. I never understood why so many on CP were on the Clowney bandwagon. Even excusing his health issues, he's not consistent enough on the field to warrant a top-10 type of contract.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:19 PM 04-03-2020
For the folks saying Sammy had no other choice (otherwise he’d be cut). The exact same thing was said about Berry and Houston last year by folks convinced they’d restructure, and they didn’t. Sammy does deserve kudos here.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:25 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
For the folks saying Sammy had no other choice (otherwise he’d be cut). The exact same thing was said about Berry and Houston last year by folks convinced they’d restructure, and they didn’t. Sammy does deserve kudos here.
I don't recall anything about no other choice, but I do recall that they would be stupid not to.

Berry made jack shit instead in 2019 while Houston made significantly less and got 0 rings for his effort.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:26 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't recall anything about no other choice, but I do recall that they would be stupid not to.

Berry made jack shit instead in 2019 while Houston made significantly less and got 0 rings for his effort.
We don't know that Berry was even offered the chance to restructure. Or Houston for that matter.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:27 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
If I had the option of Jones or Clowney, I am taking Jones nearly every time. Especially with Frank on the outside. The only player on the defensive line that is better than Jones is Aaron Donald
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:28 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
We don't know that Berry was even offered the chance to restructure. Or Houston for that matter.
Correct. You could wonder about Houston as he was making some dust up about not taking a pay cut though.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up