ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins will officially be back
carcosa 03:39 AM 04-03-2020

The Chiefs have reached an agreement with Sammy Watkins on a new 1-year deal that will pay him a base of $9m for 2020 with an incentive package that can reach $16m, a source tells me.

The move creates $5m in cap space for the Chiefs to operate this offseason.

— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) April 3, 2020

I think this is nice!
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:40 AM 04-03-2020
Keeping Sammy is great news. He's going to have a monster season in 2020.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:42 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I think Okafor is a more likely cut after this year but they would save about a million dollars if they cut him now.

All bets are off on a guy like Clowney he's coming off a down year and a FA right before caps are set to spike, it would make sense for him to sign with a high profile team with other players around him to try to maximize that value before going out again.

Also where this rumor is coming from is on the Yahoo podcast with Paylor and Robinson, they wouldn't mention teams by name but they said there was a new team in the Clowney mix now that his asking price was coming down. Then they added it was a contender that had 2 force multipliers on the line.

Well, that sounds like KC ...

I知 leery of cutting Sorenson given Thornhill痴 status.
[Reply]
oldman 11:43 AM 04-03-2020
This doesn't surprise me 1 bit. Let's face it, Watkins wasn't going to garner a massive payday if he was cut, so now he gets $9M and a chance to drive up his stock for next year.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 11:45 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I think several players are more willing to do the short term deal and pray the NFL gets what they want in the new TV deals that will certainly boost the Cap.
Think about the ratings if the nfl is the first league to start back up after this shit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:47 AM 04-03-2020
Every year CP always tried to find a way to cut Dirty Dan. The disrespect is real
[Reply]
Mecca 11:47 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Well, that sounds like KC ...

I知 leery of cutting Sorenson given Thornhill痴 status.
Also to add to that...the Chiefs apparently are hot and heavy with Antoine Winfield, where I didn't think they'd be on a safety that way.

I can see why though, he's a safety with CB type skills and would really let them show some versatility in their 3 S looks etc, where Sorenson doesn't have the type of skills the other guys do.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Every year CP always tried to find a way to cut Dirty Dan. The disrespect is real
I think 5 mill is a little steep for a dude that is pushing 30 and is a role player.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:53 AM 04-03-2020
Also to add to that...the Chiefs apparently are hot and heavy with Antoine Winfield, where I didn't think they'd be on a safety that way.

I can see why though, he's a safety with CB type skills and would really let them show some versatility in their 3 S looks etc, where Sorenson doesn't have the type of skills the other guys do.
Classic Spags player. I知 sure he loves the kid and the versatility he can bring.

He値l be long gone by 64 though
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:56 AM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I still think Mecole Hardman will start over him or at least take a lot more reps and we will have fresh legs for four quarters.

Mecole is also a valued kick returner but we have Pringle that i think can take that role if Mecole gets significant playing time as WR.

I think each year we will target a WR in later rounds and keep re-loaded in that position.

I like the incentive package so hopefully Watkins will ball out like he did his first game here but more consistent than one big catch a game the rest of the year.
Hardman is not going to start over Watkins. Pringle would have a better shot at becoming the WR2 over Hardman going into 2020-2021.

Mecole took 12-15 snaps per game last year. Suddenly he's a starting WR? Btw, it took Tyreek 3 years to become fluent in Andy's offense, and he started off as a better WR than Hardman.

Considering his almost complete lack of experience as a WR coming out of the draft, Hardman was a project WR, and it's going to take at least another year before he could possibly slide into the WR2 spot.

Using Tyreek's trajectory as a guide, Hardman will likely see 15-20 snaps a game this season.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:57 AM 04-03-2020
If there wasn't a pandemic going on, I'd give Sammy a welcome back hug.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:00 PM 04-03-2020
I think 5 mill is a little steep for a dude that is pushing 30 and is a role player.
Role player! Even when Thornhill was healthy Sorenson was seeing 75-80% of the defensive snaps.
[Reply]
srvy 12:01 PM 04-03-2020
Busy morning here finally got to open CP to some good news.
[Reply]
Cosmos 12:01 PM 04-03-2020
Hmmmm...trade Jones for a 1 & 3, Clowney to a 1 yr deal, draft an edge (Espensa) and give him a year, move Speaks inside, draft a RB with the extra 3rd.

Hmmmm...
[Reply]
Mecca 12:02 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Classic Spags player. I知 sure he loves the kid and the versatility he can bring.

He値l be long gone by 64 though
But what if the idea is that they're going to move back say 5-10 spots to grab an extra pick or 2 then take him?

I could actually see that happening.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:02 PM 04-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Hmmmm...trade Jones for a 1 & 3, Clowney to a 1 yr deal, draft an edge (Espensa) and give him a year, move Speaks inside, draft a RB with the extra 3rd.

Hmmmm...
No thanks
[Reply]
Page 12 of 21
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up