ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:16 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Sand trout. Forgot about those things. Yeah, they don't eat those. Wasn't Leto covered in those things at one point? Like a second skin or something?
Yes. That was part of his metamorphosis.

It started happening at the end of SciFi's children of Dune. Which is not a bad watch.

The casting is pretty good. Always loved their Paul.

[Reply]
Kiimo 11:48 PM 05-05-2023
I'm very much not a fan of the mini series, both of them. However those castings were good.

The costumes were atrocious. There are hilarious moments, it reminds me of the Star Wars prequels with a lot less budget in that it was a chore to watch yet some things stick. The Baron was great and adult Alia was well done.

Children of Dune has its haters and they are justified but the end of that book, when Leto meets up with Paul and reveals that he pulled the Golden Path trigger that Paul was not able to, is awesome. My skin is not my own.

I'm not convinced they will get to God Emperor of Dune in the films but it would be hilariously awesome if they attempted it. It won't make dick in box office so I doubt it but I could see WB thinking "star power!" with Momoa.

I hope they do it even though they shouldn't.

The real hilarious concept is if they do Heretics of Dune and try to introduce the world, in a serious way, to ~pussy magic~
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:00 AM 05-06-2023

lmao at this. The Guild are silly little manchildren. Not the floating vagina slugs from Lynch. Still think the Guild Navigator is best represented in Lynch's version.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 AM 06-29-2023
Inject this DIRECTLY into my veins.

Do what must be done. @DuneMovie Part Two only in theaters November 3. pic.twitter.com/9IGGNPn7Lf

— Warner Bros. Pictures (@wbpictures) June 29, 2023

[Reply]
Donger 10:19 AM 06-29-2023
Chris Walken? As which character?

NVM... Of course he is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 06-29-2023
My worry about Chalamet in the role was that I didn't know that he had the gravity to pull off this 2nd stage of the book.

Sure looks like I was wrong. Man they did this well.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:14 AM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My worry about Chalamet in the role was that I didn't know that he had the gravity to pull off this 2nd stage of the book.

Sure looks like I was wrong. Man they did this well.
It really helps that Denis Villeneuve is a fantastic top notch director.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:53 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It really helps that Denis Villeneuve is a fantastic top notch director.
I wonder how far into the story they'll try to go.

Because they probably shouldn't. But if it makes money, they will.

It's completely unnecessary, though. Just stop at Dune and call it good.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:21 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Inject this DIRECTLY into my veins.

Almost here. GREAT GREAT thing it will be in theatres only.

Really really wish they could figure out how to have Oscar Isaac still involved. Flashbacks or something. Great fucking actor.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:00 PM 06-29-2023

Agreed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:26 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Agreed.
You could maybe do Messiah. But Children of Dune? I don't think so and if you did you'd almost have to do all the rest where they get really damn strange.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:12 PM 06-29-2023

I'm just not sure how you find a clean "end" after Dune.

Messiah, to my memory, would be such a bear to adapt into linear film adaptations (TV, maybe).
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:35 PM 06-29-2023
Villenueve said he wants to do messiah.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 PM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Villenueve said he wants to do messiah.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:22 PM 06-30-2023
I would love to see them do Children and Messiah and stop there. Talk about setting humanity on the path it needed and leave it at that. The rest is too hard to translate well to film.

The Houae Harkonnen/etc prequels would almost be better to do. Easier to translate to film, it would connect to Dune well, and Yu could bring back Isaak and Skaarsgaard (also, wouldn’t it be awesome to see Alexander as the Young Baron, then transition it to his dad?6!!
[Reply]
Page 28 of 29
« First < 182425262728 29 >
Up