ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Amnorix 03:03 PM 08-19-2019
I learned today for the first time that a remake of the awesome book (and decidedly less awesome early 80s movie) Dune is being made, and is currently in post-production with a release date of December 18, 2020.

The cast includes many I don't know, but the ones I do know seem excellent for their roles. It's damn near a Marvel reunion...

Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho (the swordmaster of House Atreides)

Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck (weaponsmaster of House Atreides, played memorably (and surprisingly) by Patrick Stewart in the original movie

Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen

Dave Bautista (better known as Drax the Destroyer) as "Beast" Rabban, the nephew of Harkonnen

The most critical guy -- the one playing Paul is unknown to me. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3154303/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t3

This film is also only going to cover the first half of the book, which is good. It's really not possible to cover the whole thing in one 2 or 3 hour movie.

Anyway -- I love the book and a really good film would be great. What say you about all this news? Or am I just the last to known (as would be typical, to be honest!)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 05-03-2023
Man I'm glad they did this right - that looks awesome.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:37 PM 05-03-2023
My #1 most anticipated movie of this year or next.

This trailer was made by guys I used to work with and it's incredible.

Hans Zimmer is a master and this shit is so epic
[Reply]
Shoes 02:25 PM 05-04-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Dane McCloud Jr?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:37 PM 05-04-2023
Literally can't wait for this to come out
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:38 PM 05-04-2023

Love me some Hans Zimmer.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:37 PM 05-05-2023
Guys, it's gonna be great!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:39 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Molitoth 02:43 PM 05-05-2023
YAYYYYY!!!! If I remember correctly my only gripe with the first one was that I had to wait so long for the next one.

This looks amazing.

funny in the comments someone wrote "Gary Oldman cast as the sand worm, that dude is so versatile fr"
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:49 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Dane McCloud Jr?
Dane makes killer music cues for TV and commercials.

I work for a studio doing film campaigns like trailers and posters and what not.

Different worlds really.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:52 PM 05-05-2023

Spoiler!
Dying sucks.

Enjoy dying 300 more times.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:10 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Finally got around to watching this one.

I have never read the books or even heard of them until this movie was under production so it was a lot to take in.

I'm definitely awaiting part 2 to see more of the Fremen culture, "Desert Power", and general lore etc.

Questions: how do animals as massive as sand worms survive on such a barren planet? I'm assuming they filter nutrients from the sand as they travel?

Wtf was that on the ceiling when Leto poisoned the room. Was that the Baron? If so, uhhhhh, what the fuck?
It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:34 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Spoiler!
Oh, I'm aware. Mentat sex virtuoso me is the best me.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:36 PM 05-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's been a thousand years since I've read the first couple books, but iirc, sand worms actually are 'sand plankton' feeders. The idea is that the deserts of Dune are similar in many ways biologically to oceans, and so have 'plankton' just like water-based seas.
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 05-05-2023
They don't eat the sandtrout. The sandtrout become the worms.

And also how Leto II becomes a dickless half worm hybrid who lives for 3k years and argues philosophy with nerds until he loses his cool and tail whips Duncan v317 against the wall to explode into a thousand pieces.
Sand trout. Forgot about those things. Yeah, they don't eat those. Wasn't Leto covered in those things at one point? Like a second skin or something?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:14 PM 05-05-2023

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 27 of 29
« First < 172324252627 2829 >
Up