ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1216 of 2687
« First < 21671611161166120612121213121412151216 121712181219122012261266131617162216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:52 AM 10-23-2018
John Brown's problem has always been staying healthy. When he's on the field, he's a good ballplayer.

Crabtree -- {fart noises and jerkoff emojis}
[Reply]
Priest31kc 09:58 AM 10-23-2018
Highest percentage of "open" throws this season:

Overall: Patrick Mahomes

At or beyond the sticks: Patrick Mahomes

20+ yards downfield: Patrick Mahomes

cc @PFF_George

Not sure if this was meant to be a negative type tweet about Mahomes or not. Thought I'd post it.

Same with this one...I'm sure some interpret it as negative.

For the second week in a row, Patrick Mahomes has thrown only 1 pass attempt into a 'tight window' (1 yard or less of separation).

On the season, Mahomes has thrown 10% of his pass attempts into tight windows, the lowest rate among 33 qualifying QBs.

#ChiefsKingdom #CINvsKC https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/sta...210690/photo/1
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
The Ravens D is good, yes.....but do they have the offense to keep up with the Chiefs offense if it starts to get out of hand? They have Crabtree and John Brown at WR. Flacco is a ****ing statue in the pocket and this defense is starting to find it's passrush.
The Ravens don’t scare me one bit. I think we match up very well with them.
[Reply]
lcarus 10:02 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I guarantee you Mangina would take Smith over Mahomes this season.
That's why he's like the fourth wheel on a sports talk show instead of coaching at any level.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:02 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Priest31kc:

cc @PFF_George

Not sure if this was meant to be a negative type tweet about Mahomes or not. Thought I'd post it.

For the second week in a row, Patrick Mahomes has thrown only 1 pass attempt into a 'tight window' (1 yard or less of separation).

On the season, Mahomes has thrown 10% of his pass attempts into tight windows, the lowest rate among 33 qualifying QBs.

Because he doesn't have to.
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Ravens don't have more talent on D than the Jags, IMO. Arguably not more than the Broncos. They're playing well, but I don't think it's a wealth of talent that has done it.

And we literally broke the damn Jaguars so....
Pure talent, they don't. But we've seen that Jags d is dysfunctional as fuck so I dunno what to think about it anymore.

But that Ravens D is talented but more so they're just sound in how they play.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 10-23-2018

cc @PFF_George

Thanks Andy.

It's been this way for the past couple years in terms of guys being open I think.
[Reply]
O.city 10:04 AM 10-23-2018

Here is Patrick Mahomes' passing chart through seven weeks via the NFL's Next Gen Stats: pic.twitter.com/hSD6z7pYcu

— Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) October 23, 2018

Look at that shit. That's nuts.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 10:11 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:

Look at that shit. That's nuts.
definitely uses the whole field
[Reply]
RunKC 10:15 AM 10-23-2018
Ravens are the best defense in the league and they gave up 24 at home to the Saints.

They aren’t doing any better on the road.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 10:15 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by RedRaider56:
definitely uses the whole field
That's a thing of beauty.
Can we see Alex's and Carr's?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:19 AM 10-23-2018
Thanks Andy.

It's been this way for the past couple years in terms of guys being open I think.
Yeah, it was like this a lot last year, but Alex couldn't take advantage. Or wouldn't.
[Reply]
prhom 10:28 AM 10-23-2018
Thanks Andy.

Exactly right, KC was tops last year in separation yards on completions. The second team wasn’t even close either. This seems like a sustainable thing for the chiefs rather than a fluke circumstance. I would argue it’s scheme and Mahomes almost always finding the most open guys. Kelce and Hill probably generate a good deal of that separation on their own too.

We’re also not losing m games because Mahomes can’t or won’t make throws into tight windows. Until that happens I’m not going see this stat as a negative thing.
[Reply]
FAX 10:59 AM 10-23-2018

cc @PFF_George

It's difficult to construe that as negative, and I don't think that's how it was intended. The All-22 is instructive in this regard.

We're absolutely destroying zone coverages. It's a top o' the hat to Wally, the skill guys for their discipline with the tree, and Mahomes for reading the enemy's futile attempt to limit the "big" play.

I've never seen anything like this offense. Ever. Guys are wide open all over the field all the time. The only reason we don't score on every third snap is the pressure on Mahomes. That's it.

Oh ... and as the game moves into the 3rd quarter, it gets worse for the opponent. The DBs start running in mud ... they also seem to get more confused and talk to each other a lot more while using funny hand gestures.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 11:05 AM 10-23-2018
Thanks Andy.

Kinda ... but nothing like this, Mr. O.city.

Cover 2, for example, used to kick our ass on a regular basis.

I don't think you can overstate the value of Watkins in this deal. He absorbs a lot of attention and he's almost always open. Press, soft, man, zone ... doesn't matter. He's a burn-your-ass-and-get-open sort of player. I think his hamstring is still a little sore, too.

But Wally knows how to design a dang route tree against zone, that is a fact.

The velocity of Mahomes throws is also a huge factor. When it comes to DBs, closing speed is one thing. Dodging bullets is something else altogether.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 1216 of 2687
« First < 21671611161166120612121213121412151216 121712181219122012261266131617162216 > Last »
Up