ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1215 of 2687
« First < 21571511151165120512111212121312141215 121612171218121912251265131517152215 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 01:53 AM 10-23-2018
So, where can I buy one of these?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Fish 07:32 AM 10-23-2018
Found on a bench on the disc golf course at Shawnee Mission Park. Graffiti is wrong, but this is so right.....

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:26 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Keep him in the pocket:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLMatchu...979969/photo/1

:-)
:-) Yep, I posted about this new narrative that was going around the media pundits the last few weeks. They failed to see that if he is IN the pocket and not scrambling, that means the blocks are holding up or he is making quick high percentage passes- death by a thousand cuts.

I guess the narrative will be the interception thing again. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:33 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-) Yep, I posted about this new narrative that was going around the media pundits the last few weeks. They failed to see that if he is IN the pocket and not scrambling, that means the blocks are holding up or he is making quick high percentage passes- death by a thousand cuts.

I guess the narrative will be the interception thing again. :-)
They dissected my proposed gameplan from earlier this season.

The Bengals did a lot of what I thought would be successful against them. Situational blitzes but mostly 3 and sometimes 4 man rushes while putting a lot of guys back in coverage and making them beat you via 10 play drives.

The problem is that the pass catchers are just so damn fast that what should be a 6 yard gain becomes 14. Kelce's 40 yarder to start the game should've been an 8 yard gain based on the scheme. Kelce simply out-athleted them.

There's just too damn much talent on that field. I have no earthly idea how you hold that offense back. Keeping them under 30 has to be considered a minor miracle. All I can see stopping them at this point is weather.
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM 10-23-2018
I think you've gotta just be able to maul to the OL or just trick them. I don't know that you can trick them for the entire game though.

I dunno. I keep waiting for someone to figure something out but I'll be damned if they can't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you've gotta just be able to maul to the OL or just trick them. I don't know that you can trick them for the entire game though.

I dunno. I keep waiting for someone to figure something out but I'll be damned if they can't.
"Wait until the league adjusts..."

Fuck you, Mangini...
[Reply]
O.city 08:41 AM 10-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

**** you, Mangini...
I mean, I think they will slow them down at some point, right? Even a little?

Hell, even the great and powerful Belicheck gave up 40. I'm interested to see what the Ravens can do to it. They've got talent and their disciplined.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:43 AM 10-23-2018

Fuck you, Mangini...
Mangini is a condescending prick, who can't admit he was wrong concerning his opinion on Mahomes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 10-23-2018

Hell, even the great and powerful Belicheck gave up 40. I'm interested to see what the Ravens can do to it. They've got talent and their disciplined.
They'll have a day where stuff just doesn't work, sure. It may be that a DC just guessed right a lot or it may be that the Chiefs just weren't feeling it - everybody has a clunker. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub 20 game at some point this year but I feel like it will be largely self-inflicted.

Nobody is going to just figure out a magic formula to slow them down, no. At best you may get what Belichick got when he short-circuited Mahomes and just let Pat's youth/adrenaline get the best of him.

But that will buy you 30 minutes. You'd better have Tom Brady under center scoring 20+ points in that half if you hope to hang...
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 09:00 AM 10-23-2018

**** you, Mangini...
I guarantee you Mangina would take Smith over Mahomes this season.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 10-23-2018

Too many weapons and not enough talent on any defense to defend.

Our worst game was Denver and we still scored 27. Kelce was taken away for 3 quarters, Watkins was out and we had horrible penalties ruining drives.

I think the only thing that slows us down is injury.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:14 AM 10-23-2018
They dissected my proposed gameplan from earlier this season.

The Bengals did a lot of what I thought would be successful against them. Situational blitzes but mostly 3 and sometimes 4 man rushes while putting a lot of guys back in coverage and making them beat you via 10 play drives.

The problem is that the pass catchers are just so damn fast that what should be a 6 yard gain becomes 14. Kelce's 40 yarder to start the game should've been an 8 yard gain based on the scheme. Kelce simply out-athleted them.

There's just too damn much talent on that field. I have no earthly idea how you hold that offense back. Keeping them under 30 has to be considered a minor miracle. All I can see stopping them at this point is weather.
Excellent point. We have seen Hill take a simple swing pass to the house, Hunt busting tackles after catching a short pass and as you mentioned, Kelce is the best TE in the NFL in after catch yardage.

So go ahead- please, keep Mahomes in the pocket, he will take fewer hits in the open field and he has last years Rushing Leader as a safety valve if you try to blitz.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 10-23-2018
They'll have a day where stuff just doesn't work, sure. It may be that a DC just guessed right a lot or it may be that the Chiefs just weren't feeling it - everybody has a clunker. I wouldn't be surprised to see a sub 20 game at some point this year but I feel like it will be largely self-inflicted.

Nobody is going to just figure out a magic formula to slow them down, no. At best you may get what Belichick got when he short-circuited Mahomes and just let Pat's youth/adrenaline get the best of him.

But that will buy you 30 minutes. You'd better have Tom Brady under center scoring 20+ points in that half if you hope to hang...
No, I don't think there will be a magic formula. The Chiefs have more talent in a scheme that fits said talent very well with a guy coordinating the thing that's just smarter than most.

It'll take a team that's got equal talent on D and is similarly as smart. I think there may be a few NFC teams that could do it and the Ravens. Other than that, I'm not sure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:43 AM 10-23-2018
No, I don't think there will be a magic formula. The Chiefs have more talent in a scheme that fits said talent very well with a guy coordinating the thing that's just smarter than most.

It'll take a team that's got equal talent on D and is similarly as smart. I think there may be a few NFC teams that could do it and the Ravens. Other than that, I'm not sure.
The Ravens don't have more talent on D than the Jags, IMO. Arguably not more than the Broncos. They're playing well, but I don't think it's a wealth of talent that has done it.

And we literally broke the damn Jaguars so....
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:49 AM 10-23-2018
The Ravens D is good, yes.....but do they have the offense to keep up with the Chiefs offense if it starts to get out of hand? They have Crabtree and John Brown at WR. Flacco is a fucking statue in the pocket and this defense is starting to find it's passrush.
[Reply]
Page 1215 of 2687
« First < 21571511151165120512111212121312141215 121612171218121912251265131517152215 > Last »
Up