[Reply]
BillSelfsTrophycase 01:56 AM 08-12-2012
If she doesn't want you, you don't want her

Life's too short for that bullshit

*Been there, done that, married to the "alternative" for over a decade*
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:00 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Canofbier:
And damn was it therapeutic to type that all out. Funny that I chose CP as the outlet, but maybe one of you has something poignant to say. :-)
Congratulations on entering the friend zone. You are now emergency dick.
[Reply]
BillSelfsTrophycase 02:04 AM 08-12-2012
You're still young...pull all the ass you can and fuck it till your dick is skinless

She'll be another "wtf was I thinking" memory in no time
[Reply]
Canofbier 02:06 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Just Not Gettin' It:
Congratulations on entering the friend zone. You are now emergency dick.
It ain't a nice place to be. :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 02:12 AM 08-12-2012
I say just play it cool. Be nice and courteous, but don't ever initiate a "friend" date. Let her contact you. Try to stay away from the friend dates and conversations whenever possible though. Just try to wait it out. Don't let it stop you from meeting new girls.
[Reply]
pr_capone 02:13 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase:
She'll be another "wtf was I thinking" memory in no time
Either that or she will be the one that got away. You will forever regret not being more aggressive in your pursuit of this chick and you will realize some day in the future that she was your soul mate and your only chance at finding happiness in the world.

On the other hand... a wise man once said

[Reply]
lcarus 02:16 AM 08-12-2012
Basically try to stay an acquaintance in case an opportunity arises, but keep on with your life. Find new girls. You don't wanna waste any time caught up on a chick that isn't available.
[Reply]
BillSelfsTrophycase 02:16 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I say just play it cool. Be nice and courteous, but don't ever initiate a "friend" date. Let her contact you. Try to stay away from the friend dates and conversations whenever possible though. Just try to wait it out. Don't let it stop you from meeting new girls.

A wise man has spoken

Make her come to you...if she doesnt, my previous post applies
[Reply]
Canofbier 02:21 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Solid advice, thanks. Although I don't know a lot of people yet, I start work next month doing consulting, which is positively full of young and interesting people. I think I would regret doing something rash or final (that is, unless it worked).
[Reply]
lcarus 02:24 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by BillSelfsTrophycase:
A wise man has spoken

Make her come to you...if she doesnt, my previous post applies
I agree. If its meant to be, she'll eventually lose the other guy and come a knockin. If not, fuck it. Plenty of other women out there. You can still be an occasional friend or acquaintance though. Who knows, maybe she knows other girls?
[Reply]
lcarus 02:27 AM 08-12-2012
Solid advice, thanks. Although I don't know a lot of people yet, I start work next month doing consulting, which is positively full of young and interesting people. I think I would regret doing something rash or final (that is, unless it worked).
I'm not the person who would tell you to lay it all on the line with a girl. Especially if she's with another guy currently. It just usually doesn't work that often as just playing it cool and moving forward with your own life.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:34 AM 08-12-2012
Sounds like she was maybe waiting for you to make the first move, and you never really did. By the time you did, she had decided it was looking like you weren't going to.
[Reply]
Canofbier 02:39 AM 08-12-2012
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sounds like she was maybe waiting for you to make the first move, and you never really did. By the time you did, she had decided it was looking like you weren't going to.
I can see how it might have seemed that way, but for the period of time that she was single, she was either eight hours away or on a month long trip to China. Also, tried to ask her to lunch after I first met her but before I knew she was seeing someone, although that wasn't explicitly "a move".
[Reply]
Bowser 02:40 AM 08-12-2012
I can see how it might have seemed that way, but for the period of time that she was single, she was either eight hours away or on a month long trip to China. Also, tried to ask her to lunch after I first met her but before I knew she was seeing someone, although that wasn't explicitly "a move".
That sucks. Timing is everything, and you guys didn't have it.

Who knows what will happen down the road.
[Reply]
Page 658 of 660
« First < 158558608648654655656657658 659660 >
Up