ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Matt Miller Mock
RunKC 01:26 PM 03-19-2024
First one has us going Jordan Morgan and Jalen McMillan. Pretty sure this is DJ’s wet dream

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:22 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Ok, so outside of your top 5, which WRs wouldn't be a disappointment?
McConkey.

Because assuming no Rice,

Kelce
Hollywood
McConkey

and one more cheap vertical guy more than enough to operate efficiently on offense.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:17 AM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
First one has us going Jordan Morgan and Jalen McMillan. Pretty sure this is DJ’s wet dream

Spoiler!
Newton would be the pick at 32.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:58 PM 04-03-2024
Change out Bullard for Ja'Tavion Sanders and I could fap to it.

I like Bullard too, but his role is too similar to Conner and Johnson for me to spend a 2nd.

Worthy and Sanders make this offense scary as shit.
I'd end up with Suamataia and McMillan if the draft went like that.

I'd be awfully awfully tempted to take Newton there, but OT scares the absolute shit out of me right now.

We can survive not upgrading DT and be fine. But if we sign a veteran LT like Smith and he gets hurt, that's putting so much on Morris and I'm just not there. The LT position falling apart would be more damaging to this season than any position but QB and we just don't seem to be treating it with any urgency at all.

I'll say this as well - even if I took McMillan at 64, if Javon Baker is there at 95 he's not getting past me. I'll double up. Those tools are so damn loud. He's raw but he's incredibly intriguing. He also has Amegadjie there at 99 and that's another fascinating prospect if we don't go OT earlier.

There are a lot of ways we could go with that board that I wouldn't mind. But I don't love much of what he did for us there.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
McConkey.

Because assuming no Rice,

Kelce
Hollywood
McConkey

and one more cheap vertical guy more than enough to operate efficiently on offense.
So if the Chiefs don't end up with BTJ, Mitchell, or McConkey, you are going to be disappointed?

For a guy that loves to bring up Metcalf and McClaurin non-stop, it's odd that you wouldn't be comfortable with any other WR in one of the best classes we've ever seen.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd end up with Suamataia and McMillan if the draft went like that.

I'd be awfully awfully tempted to take Newton there, but OT scares the absolute shit out of me right now.

We can survive not upgrading DT and be fine. But if we sign a veteran LT like Smith and he gets hurt, that's putting so much on Morris and I'm just not there. The LT position falling apart would be more damaging to this season than any position but QB and we just don't seem to be treating it with any urgency at all.

I'll say this as well - even if I took McMillan at 64, if Javon Baker is there at 95 he's not getting past me. I'll double up. Those tools are so damn loud. He's raw but he's incredibly intriguing. He also has Amegadjie there at 99 and that's another fascinating prospect if we don't go OT earlier.

There are a lot of ways we could go with that board that I wouldn't mind. But I don't love much of what he did for us there.
I'd be good with Kingsley and McMillan too. That's solid.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:00 PM 04-03-2024
So if the Chiefs don't end up with BTJ, Mitchell, or McConkey, you are going to be disappointed?

For a guy that loves to bring up Metcalf and McClaurin non-stop, it's odd that you wouldn't be comfortable with any other WR in one of the best classes we've ever seen.
If I find another McLaurin sitting there, sure.

1st round talents don't typically drop to the end of the 2nd or 3rd round.

We just have different goals. You're happy with somebody that is ok and I want someone that can be a #1 or at least an elite compliment to one.

The urgency is because our #1 in Kelce is aging out before our eyes.

Why wait til he leaves to try to find his replacement?

You don't value the WR position as much as I do.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:15 PM 04-03-2024
If I find another McLaurin sitting there, sure.

1st round talents don't typically drop to the end of the 2nd or 3rd round.

We just have different goals. You're happy with somebody that is ok and I want someone that can be a #1 or at least an elite compliment to one.

The urgency is because our #1 in Kelce is aging out before our eyes.

Why wait til he leaves to try to find his replacement?

You don't value the WR position as much as I do.
So you think McClaurin was a better prospect than everybody in this draft outside of that top 6?

Nobody said anything about being happy with "ok". That's just your narrative for everybody that disagrees with you.

The truth is that there's basically no difference between late 1st and the 2nd when you're talking about success rate for finding WRs. Not to mention this is one of the deepest classes we've ever seen.

Guys like Brown and Metcalf go in the 2nd every year. We got Rice in the 2nd last year, and he was as good as any rookie WR, and would certainly be a 1st rounder in a redraft. You're just playing it safe/scared thinking it has to be WR in the 1st or bust.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:31 PM 04-03-2024
So you think McClaurin was a better prospect than everybody in this draft outside of that top 6?

Nobody said anything about being happy with "ok". That's just your narrative for everybody that disagrees with you.

The truth is that there's basically no difference between late 1st and the 2nd when you're talking about success rate for finding WRs. Not to mention this is one of the deepest classes we've ever seen.

Guys like Brown and Metcalf go in the 2nd every year. We got Rice in the 2nd last year, and he was as good as any rookie WR, and would certainly be a 1st rounder in a redraft. You're just playing it safe/scared thinking it has to be WR in the 1st or bust.
There is a Metcalf and AJ Brown in the 2nd every year?!

I’ll have some of what you’re smoking.

Seems like some good shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:36 PM 04-03-2024
There is a Metcalf and AJ Brown in the 2nd every year?!

I’ll have some of what you’re smoking.

Seems like some good shit.
Maybe not quite as good as Brown, but yes, there's at least a low end WR1 or high end WR2 available in the 2nd every year.

I know you like to downplay Rice because you're a fucking weirdo, but he's a perfect example of this.

You had Pickens and Watson the year before.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:40 PM 04-03-2024
And I'm only talking about guys that went in the 2nd.

There are plenty of guys like Puka and Dell that go even later.

The point is that you don't have to draft a WR at 32 to find a really fucking good one.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:45 PM 04-03-2024
Maybe not quite as good as Brown, but yes, there's at least a low end WR1 or high end WR2 available in the 2nd every year.

I know you like to downplay Rice because you're a ****ing weirdo, but he's a perfect example of this.

You had Pickens and Watson the year before.
Watson is fine but he ain’t a 1.

Pickens is a knuckle head. He’ll get volume in fantasy now that Diontae Johnson is gone but Johnson is the better WR.

Rice is a good player but you go way beyond that to hopes and wishes. We don’t know what he can do yet because he was mostly a volume power slot.

And beyond that we now know he has character issues. So the 1 WR Veach drafted that was good in 6 years might not get a 2nd contract here.

Keep in mind you were good with Toney and Sky Moore and Justin Watson as featured players in a Mahomes prime year.

We have different standards.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 PM 04-03-2024
Watson is fine but he ain’t a 1.

Pickens is a knuckle head. He’ll get volume in fantasy now that Diontae Johnson is gone but Johnson is the better WR.

Rice is a good player but you go way beyond that to hopes and wishes. We don’t know what he can do yet because he was mostly a volume power slot.

And beyond that we now know he has character issues. So the 1 WR Veach drafted that was good in 6 years might not get a 2nd contract here.

Keep in mind you were good with Toney and Sky Moore and Justin Watson as featured players in a Mahomes prime year.

We have different standards.
Watson is a WR1 on a really good young offense. His only problem has been his hamstring, but he's put up WR1 production when healthy. At worst he's exactly what I said you can find every year in the 2nd, a low end WR1 high end WR2.

Pickens is coming off an 1,100 sophomore season with absolutely terrible QB play. He was the Steelers WR1 over Johnson last year, and will continue to be going forward.

Rice was every bit as productive as Metcalf as a rookie, and they both had a very specific/limited role as rookies, but the potential for even more growth is as obvious with Rice and it was with Metcalf.

Keep in mind that I told you we could win a SB with those guys, and we did. I never said that we shouldn't move the room going forward, that was specifically about last season and whether they were good enough to win a SB. You were wrong, but you continue to pretend otherwise.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:00 PM 04-03-2024
Watson is a WR1 on a really good young offense. His only problem has been his hamstring, but he's put up WR1 production when healthy. At worst he's exactly what I said you can find every year in the 2nd, a low end WR1 high end WR2.

Pickens is coming off an 1,100 sophomore season with absolutely terrible QB play. He was the Steelers WR1 over Johnson last year, and will continue to be going forward.

Rice was every bit as productive as Metcalf as a rookie, and they both had a very specific/limited role as rookies, but the potential for even more growth is as obvious with Rice and it was with Metcalf.

Keep in mind that I told you we could win a SB with those guys, and we did. I never said that we shouldn't move the room going forward, that was specifically about last season and whether they were good enough to win a SB. You were wrong, but you continue to pretend otherwise.
If every Tom, Dick, and Harry that catches a few passes is a 1 then sure, wait it out . Tank Dell is a 1! Why not.

Watson got 1000 yards in 2 years so he’s a 1 too.

You continued to promote garbage WRs as good and stated offense was still elite.

It wasn’t.

You were horribly wrong but nice change of subject to cover up your horrible takes.

Anyways, I want an offense that doesn’t punt a lot and you are fine with mediocrity.

Well have to agree to disagree.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:05 PM 04-03-2024
If every Tom, Dick, and Harry that catches a few passes is 1 then sure, wait it out . Tank Dell is a 1! Why not.

Watson got 1000 yards in 2 years so he’s a 1 too.

You continued to promote garbage WRs as good and stated offense was still elite.

It wasn’t.

You were horribly wrong but nice change of subject to cover up your horrible takes.

Anyways, I want an offense that doesn’t punt a lot and you are fine with mediocrity.
It
Well have to agree to disagree.
I didn't fucking say Dell was a 1, but he was a high end WR2 at worst as a rookie. Dude had 700 yards and 7 TDs in 10 games. He easily puts up 1,000 and double digit TDs without the freak injury.

And again, I already pointed out that Watson's biggest issue is injuries, so posting his totals means absolutely nothing. On a per game basis, he's been a low end WR1, high end WR2. He is 100% the Packers WR1 going into next season too, in a really good room.

You have this idea that a WR1 has to be Tyreek, Jefferson, Chase, or Lamb. There are only 32 teams. Most WR1s are not that.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:06 PM 04-03-2024
Also, absolutely hilarious that you want to talk about "horrible takes" when you bitched and moaned ALL fucking season and many of us tried to tell you WBF. Then we won a SB and you came back pretending like it was all part of the plan and you never had a doubt!

Fucking :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up