ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1828 of 2690
« First < 828132817281778181818241825182618271828 18291830183118321838187819282328 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:01 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
ONE MILLION VIEWS on the Mahomes draft day video

<
Love this video

but still every time I'm so uncomfortable watching Dorsey and Hunt have that fist bump/hand shake snafu.

Beginning of the end lol
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:11 PM 04-13-2020
Yeah, I'm not even angry at Alex anymore. I remember sooo many Sundays and every damn postseason just feeling so frustrated.

.. But everything that's happened has led us to this point and I love where we are moving forward. If Alex takes us to a Championship or Super Bowl or two, maybe we don't trade up to draft Mahomes, ya know?
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:31 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I almost lost two friends over my excitement for Mahomes on draft day. I never shit too hard on Alex Smith, but I would always lay blame where it was deserved after Alex came up short in games. I told them how it was going to be, and they got pissy. Needless to say, they have seen the errors of their ways. I did not expect what has come, per se, but I did expect to be a much more competitive team with a chance at championships. I was expecting Mahomes to be prime Favre-like but in the modern passing era. I was wrong! He is unmatched. A complete outlier. Our outlier!
Also had to deal with idiots who thought drafting a QB meant we were going to tear it all down.

"They're so close, and they need defense! Why didn't they draft to help Alex instead of replace him?????"

Because some dingus-brained dipshits are able to play chess one move at a time. And those sons of bitches will lose every single time to players who think multiple moves in advance.

The "just build around Alex!!" people are Bobo the Chimp playing a game of chess against Garry Kasparov.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:41 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The 2017 season was a case study in a game manager holding back a championship-caliber roster.

When Alex was at his best they were capable of beating anyone, but he wasn't at his best when they needed him most, far too often.

This franchise and fanbase has learned their lesson, finally, via the glory of Mahomes.
The nail in the coffin (this is what got me guff from my friends) was the all 22 of Alex abandoning a completely clean pocket on a (3rd and 5?) for no gain against the Titans. Alex just had the worst knack for hearing footsteps at the worst times - and over and over again that cost the Chiefs in the playoffs (just like it did in the 90’s). I have no ill will at all toward Alex - he’s an outstanding human being and I wish him nothing but the best.

With that said, I just thank the Football Gods that Andy and the FO were forward thinking enough to realize that it wasn’t Fish’s or refs fault that we lost the Steelers game, or Tripplette’s dumbass fault for losing the Titans game with the forward progress whistle. It’s easy to blame the refs, hell, we’ve seen opposing fan bases do it now enough to realize it’s what every fanbase does. Eventually you have to examine the player who matters the most on the field, and if you can’t rely on that player to lead your team to the end zone with 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl, then you will have a massive uphill climb every January.
[Reply]
Sorce 06:57 PM 04-13-2020
I have no ill will towards Alex. He pulled us out of the Pioli era and made us competitive again. Veach and Reid saw a generational QB and convinced dorsey to make the move. I don't know how much Mahomes learned from Alex and how much is him being humble. We are Superbowl Champs and I wouldn't change anything because it could screw that up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
eDave 07:17 PM 04-13-2020
Guy did his best. Took a ton of shit. Wasn't a dick. Mentored Mahomes. Saved his money. Has a nice family.

Stand up guy IMO. Not my place to push retirement on him but I'd be happy if he did.

If not for Alex, we don't have Pat.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:13 PM 04-13-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I almost lost two friends over my excitement for Mahomes on draft day. I never shit too hard on Alex Smith, but I would always lay blame where it was deserved after Alex came up short in games. I told them how it was going to be, and they got pissy. Needless to say, they have seen the errors of their ways. I did not expect what has come, per se, but I did expect to be a much more competitive team with a chance at championships. I was expecting Mahomes to be prime Favre-like but in the modern passing era. I was wrong! He is unmatched. A complete outlier. Our outlier!
there is no need to shit on Alex Smith. He was what he was. That was his talent level.

Smith by all accounts, was a great teammate. Worked hard on getting better. According to Mahones himself, was a great tutor on how to be a professional QB in the NFL. How to read defenses etc. Smith was as good as he could be. No reason to trash the guy. Blame management for not getting an upgrade.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:19 AM 04-14-2020
I was at my apprenticeship training center learning about motor controls ( well i was supposed to be working on the trainer, but i was hiding behind it watching a draft feed) I lost my shit when they drafted him. I would have bet money it was going to be the " cant miss" prospect Watson.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:07 AM 04-14-2020
Alex was the starter for five seasons and ended up going 1-4 in the postseason. Never made it out of the Divisional Round.

Patrick has been the starter for just two seasons and is 4-1 in the postseason. Hosted two AFC Championship games and won a Super Bowl already. We haven't had to play a road playoff game yet.

I love this fucking kid!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:44 PM 04-14-2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:21 PM 04-15-2020
Patrick Mahomes has more games in his career with 4+ TDs (10) than career losses (8).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:33 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
there is no need to shit on Alex Smith. He was what he was. That was his talent level.

Smith by all accounts, was a great teammate. Worked hard on getting better. According to Mahones himself, was a great tutor on how to be a professional QB in the NFL. How to read defenses etc. Smith was as good as he could be. No reason to trash the guy. Blame management for not getting an upgrade.

On the BB, most of the hate is directly caused by his fans praising and selling him as something he's not.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:53 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Patrick Mahomes has more games in his career with 4+ TDs (10) than career losses (8).
Are both of those regular season stats?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:55 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Are both of those regular season stats?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I believe the postseason is included.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:09 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Guy did his best. Took a ton of shit. Wasn't a dick. Mentored Mahomes. Saved his money. Has a nice family.

Stand up guy IMO. Not my place to push retirement on him but I'd be happy if he did.

If not for Alex, we don't have Pat.
I honestly think Alex Smith would make a great OC.
[Reply]
Page 1828 of 2690
« First < 828132817281778181818241825182618271828 18291830183118321838187819282328 > Last »
Up