ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stafford on the Trade block
Dante84 05:14 PM 01-23-2021
You gotta think Denver or Oakland would try and make it happen if they want to compete with KC and SD in the next 2 years.

And this from Detroit: pic.twitter.com/M0L46PzCw2

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2021

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:20 PM 01-23-2021
Miami for Tua, then draft Sewell, Chase, or Smith at the top followed by an OT or WR with their pick.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:21 PM 01-23-2021
I wouldn't give shit for Stafford...He's the Rivers of the NFC

This was in 2017...

"Matthew Stafford is 5-46 against teams with a record over .500 in his career."

That's a big "no thanks...we're fine" if I were a GM.

That stat line is deeper than just playing in Detroit...

Someone is going to spend a ton of resources and get the next Cousins...maybe land a WC appearance every few years then tank in the post-season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:26 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I wouldn't give shit for Stafford...He's the Rivers of the NFC

This was in 2017...

"Matthew Stafford is 5-46 against teams with a record over .500 in his career."

That's a big "no thanks...we're fine" if I were a GM.

That stat line is deeper than just playing in Detroit...

Someone is going to spend a ton of resources and get the next Cousins...maybe get a WC appearance every few years then tank in the post-season.
He's a lot better than Cousins.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:29 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s a better deal for Denver bc they probably won’t have to give up multiple 1st Rd picks and Detroit would have 2 top 10 picks.

It’s a no brainer for Denver. You trade that pick right away for Stafford.
If they want to trade #9 overall for a 33 year old QB that is frequently injured, then by all means...
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:29 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
He's a lot better than Cousins.
He's never won an important game in his career...at this point, at 33, he is what he is.

Some players just dont have "it"...he's got a strong arm.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:31 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Division Rival. Bears isn't happening.
I agree that it makes them unlikely.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:34 PM 01-23-2021
He's never won an important game in his career...at this point, at 33, he is what he is.

Some player just dont have "it"...he's got a strong arm.
What he is is a a lot better than Cousins.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:34 PM 01-23-2021
I think his best shot for a ring is to be our backup to Mahomes. Not saying it will happen at all, but it is true.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:34 PM 01-23-2021
Colts seem to make the most sense to me.

They’re ready to contend for their Division. They have the ability to do it. Their QB is retiring. They won’t be drafting high enough to grab a top prospect. They’re also in the AFC.
[Reply]
BlackOp 07:35 PM 01-23-2021
He's never won the division in his career....and whichever team signs him wont either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:36 PM 01-23-2021

Some player just dont have "it"...he's got a strong arm.
He's never had a defense. Never had a complete offense. Never had the coaching. All those losses aren't on him alone.

He not only has a better arm (both talent and strength), he makes better reads pre-snap than Cousins (not sure Cousins actually can make pre-snap reads), processes better during the play, and has always been a better situational QB than Cousins. Flip them, Stafford/MIN and Cousins/DET. Stafford with a real defense, and more than one offensive weapon goes to the playoffs every year. Cousins is out of the league in two seasons.

EDIT: okay, may be not this year. MIN defense was pretty bad this season, I believe.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:37 PM 01-23-2021
Washington, Indianapolis or New England make the most sense.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 07:41 PM 01-23-2021
He's never won the division in his career....and whichever team signs him wont either.
Mahomes never won anything in college. See how stupid your argument is?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:42 PM 01-23-2021
Feels good to not have to be going crazy hoping we trade for another washed up has been/never was guy like Stafford.

If we didn’t have Mahomes, half the board would be losing their minds about Stafford being available.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:43 PM 01-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone is saying New England. Why the fuck would he want to go there? They have dick for offensive weapons and Belichick is a huge asshole.

My guess is Indy or Dallas.
Indy would be a good fit.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up