ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stafford on the Trade block
Dante84 05:14 PM 01-23-2021
You gotta think Denver or Oakland would try and make it happen if they want to compete with KC and SD in the next 2 years.

And this from Detroit: pic.twitter.com/M0L46PzCw2

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:16 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
They're both teir two QBs. One just throws for more yards than the other while the other competes more passes and throws touchdowns at a higher rate.

In your opinion, what is Stafford much better than Kirk at? I'll give you arm strength. What else?
and let's be crystal clear-

There's a tier that has Mahomes.

And then there's everyone else. So yeah, Stafford is second tier.

You stick him in Denver and that's a 12-4 or 13-3 team that's a pain in our ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:18 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You stick him in Denver and that's a 12-4 or 13-3 team that's a pain in our ass.
I wouldn't go that far.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:23 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't go that far.
Yeah, lets see who stays in or out of Colorado Penitentiary first. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:25 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I wouldn't go that far.
Decent defense, a running game and some weapons? I would.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:27 PM 01-27-2021
Decent defense, a running game and some weapons? I would.
Yeah but the offensive coaching still sucks.

Take the Chargers for example. They have WR's, a QB, a defense....still suck. Cuz the coaches suck.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:31 PM 01-27-2021

Bullshit :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 02:31 PM 01-27-2021
Stafford is one of the few QB’s with high potential that can do things that Patrick does regularly. He can make those weird arm angle throws.

Rodgers
Wilson
Stafford
Allen

Those are the only guys I see who are doing those things.

And yeah if Stafford goes to the Broncos or Colts, they’re winning 11 games. He put up 26 TD’s with a horrible defense coach and only Golladay and Hockenson who was still dealing with a bad ankle injury recovery from 2019.

Put weapons and a competent coach around him and he’s putting up 30+ TD’s and scoring points.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:31 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah but the offensive coaching still sucks.

Take the Chargers for example. They have WR's, a QB, a defense....still suck. Cuz the coaches suck.
well, that might be.

But on the other hand, as good as Herbert was, he still made a fair share of rookie mistakes that probably cost them some games. Another year, more experience, and who knows?

My point is that I've felt sorry as hell for Stafford for years; he's a legit monster talent QB stuck in a terrible situation for a decade.

If he goes to a team that's really just missing a QB, he's going to light it up.

He's not Mahomes, but nobody is. But he IS really fucking good.
[Reply]
-King- 02:36 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because it’s obvious to anybody that has watched them play that Stafford is a superior talent overall.

He’s never had the luxury of a good defense or a great running game. His OL’s for the most part have been shit. The only thing he’s truly had to work with are some talented WR’s.
Yeah I never compared the defense. Why would I? I just posted their offensive metrics. Only one Stafford is ahead in is yards.
[Reply]
-King- 02:37 PM 01-27-2021
umm, fucking everything.
Whoa..when you put it like this, totally changes my mind. Thanks for making such a comprehensive and well thought out post.
[Reply]
morphius 02:42 PM 01-27-2021
People have watched enough Lions games recently to make a judgment on this guy? I mean I know he used to have one of the better offenses in the league, but damn outside of Thanksgiving I can't remember even bothering to watch a Lions game.

NE and Indy might be the best fit since they both have a vacancy and something of a team in place. Especially if NE gets all of its players back off of the COVID vacation year list. But really, I don't know that either are looking to trade much for him. Maybe Washington if they don't know that Smith will be able to stay healthy next season.
[Reply]
joethomas 02:53 PM 01-27-2021
Stafford has never done anything but lose, and the Broncos are no better than the Lions. You add Stafford to a 5-11 team and you get a 5-11 team.

Oakland isn't much better. In what way is Stafford greater than Carr, other than in unearned reputation?

Mahomes would be favored in every game he ever played against Stafford. Let those teams waste draft picks on a perennial loser and kick the can down the road on getting a franchise QB. That only helps us.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:57 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by joethomas:
Stafford has never done anything but lose, and the Broncos are no better than the Lions. You add Stafford to a 5-11 team and you get a 5-11 team.

Oakland isn't much better. In what way is Stafford greater than Carr, other than in unearned reputation?

Mahomes would be favored in every game he ever played against Stafford. Let those teams waste draft picks on a perennial loser and kick the can down the road on getting a franchise QB. That only helps us.
you're wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:58 PM 01-27-2021
I'm done talking about it. Some of you guys are dead wrong, but we'll see where he ends up.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:59 PM 01-27-2021
What the Lions have done to Stafford, I estimate equivalent to what the Giants did to Kurt Warner.

He's no Mahomes [and Warner wasn't either] but he was playoff success and SB quality before them and will likely be after.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up