ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 270
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Mecca 02:59 PM 07-26-2019
Uncapping anything isn't very bright, however using a cap for each position could work out.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:05 PM 07-26-2019
What about a designated uncapped player? You can designate one player's non-rookie contract as uncapped, and you can only designate players you are re-signing and not for free agents.

QBs would be the biggest beneficiaries of this type of deal but it frees up money for other players.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:17 PM 07-26-2019
There’s no really good answer for it. But if next year is really uncapped, extending Mahomes now and dumping a shioad of guaranteed money into base salary next year is a good way to go.

They prevented this in 2010 with the 30% rule. I’d imagine they have that in place again.

However, you could still maneuver to take advantage somewhat.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:54 PM 07-26-2019
So Tyreek is good, Chris Jones is at camp...what else is there to worry about in camp now? If Dieter makes the team? Which backup TE makes the team?

Lol we've never been this set. Bring on the season.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:56 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
So Tyreek is good, Chris Jones is at camp...what else is there to worry about in camp now? If Dieter makes the team? Which backup TE makes the team?

CB is a position of concern. The "I word" could come into play. But yeah, comparatively we're in great shape right now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:57 PM 07-26-2019
I'm more concerned with Ragland than Ward
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:07 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
That would be stupid as hell. Why should 1 players salary be exempt from the salary cap?
Anyone not a QB is really getting screwed because QB's are getting to the point where they will be soaking up 25% of a teams entire cap.

Not the best solution, but would at least be a way to address it. The downside is more Daniel Jones and Mitchell Trubisky's would be way overdrafted.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:18 PM 07-26-2019

Injury is the only hurdle now
[Reply]
HolyHandgernade 04:29 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tag and trade may be the likely end of this to be honest.
Maybe. There's a lot of variables and the Chiefs hold most of the leverage right now. He has to play this year out in order to accrue or the Chiefs get to keep his rights. So that secures this year.

Next year, he can be franchised.

The next year we may be in a new CBA.

People forget Aaron Donald also wanted a new contract before the end of his rookie deal. Didn't get it, and had to accrue. Got franchised the next year. Then signed his mega deal for the year after that.

It will certainly be interesting with Jones, Hill and Mahomes. About the only thing that is close to certain is that Mahomes will get his contract barring something really unforeseen.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:30 PM 07-26-2019
JuJu Smith-Schuster beats Steven Nelson down the sideline for a long catch down the sideline from Roethlisberger #Steelers #dkps

Definitely wont miss that clown
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:33 PM 07-26-2019
I'm more concerned with Ragland than Ward
Don't be. Ragland might not even make the cut.

He's a potential trade candidate.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 04:55 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
JuJu Smith-Schuster beats Steven Nelson down the sideline for a long catch down the sideline from Roethlisberger #Steelers #dkps

Definitely wont miss that clown
Staylor weeps. He loved that turd.
[Reply]
FAX 05:01 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Don't be. Ragland might not even make the cut.

He's a potential trade candidate.
From your lips to the Stoolers' ears.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 05:02 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Injury is the only hurdle now
We don't use the "I" word in 2019, Mr. Hog's Gone Fishin.

We don't even think it.

FAX
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:02 PM 07-26-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Every non-QB in the league is trying to figure out how to get some of these mediocre QB salaries reallocated into other positions.

I mean they have a mechanism for it already when they determine franchise tag values based on positions. Why couldn't they also have different cap configurations for different positions?

But the other thing that would serve to do is make the league even more 'have/have not' than it already is. There's such a clear line of demarcation between the teams with elite passers and those that don't have one. If you allow teams an 'uncapped' QB position to just spend as much as they want on that one guy and still be on equal footing vs. the cap everywhere else, that force multiplier effect that a great QB has becomes even stronger.

Oh, and think long and hard before you decide you really want that. Right now the Cowboys can offer something kinda crazy to pry him out of here but are still constrained by the cap. You uncap the QB position though and Jerry Jones, the ****ing ancient billionaire who can't take it with him, will throw so much money at Mahomes that Clark Hunt may simply lack the financial wherewithal to match it.

I think the last thing I'd want is an uncapped QB position because everybody and their mothers will be coming after Mahomes with reckless abandon. At that point it's all about which team's owner has the best cash position and Clark Hunt isn't gonna win that war.
There could be work arounds...Like QB's salaries only count up to a certain amount say $25 million. It would still offer teams with a rookie contracted QB a financial advantage. New contracts the exceed that hypothetical $25 million cant increase more than 10% over the top 3 paid QBs. It would prevent owners from paying $100 million a year for Rodgers.

It would also prevent teams like Dallas from getting stuck with a very expensive, average QB...Dak is going to get paid much more than he's worth because of the market.

It would keep a competitive balance...as the NFL shouldn't want top paid QBs with no money left to build around. It would also offer a lot more money for QBs...
[Reply]
Page 23 of 270
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up