ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 100
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
Mecca 02:15 PM 01-05-2021
This is an old article..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-championships

It still outlines how there is no such thing as hot streaks going into the playoffs, and if anything all of those numbers have gotten more in favor of byes because no non bye team has made the SB since this article.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:16 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Tell me when the last time a team didn't have a bye made the SB in either conference...I'll wait.
When was the last time only 1 team received a bye?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by daquix:
Which actually makes it even more of an advantage now....not helping yourself here.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:19 PM 01-05-2021
This is an old article..

It still outlines how there is no such thing as hot streaks going into the playoffs, and if anything all of those numbers have gotten more in favor of byes because no non bye team has made the SB since this article.
Sure.

But a "hot" team is different than what we are talking about though.

What I am saying is that how a team is playing more recently is more indicative of how they will play in the playoffs.

Whether they are hot or not.

It could be a "cold" team, for example.

Look at the Steelers. They won 11 games in a row, and dropped 4 of their last 5.

I think they are more likely to lose in the playoffs, than win, based on them losing 4 of the last 5.

Some would say "Yeah, but they won 11 straight". And to me, that's irrelevant.

Because what they have done most recently, is crap the bed. That, to me, is more indicative of what they will do next week. Rather than what they did in Week 1.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:19 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I understand you better than some here do.

I used to be you. I lived for that great regular season. It was awesome!

Chiefs would be awesome(or I thought they were) in the regular season & then get to the playoffs & get beat in the playoffs be a missed FG, or mysterious penalty or some weird play.

The playoffs are different son, everything is magnified. Players who played freely during the regular season, suddenly have their assholes pucker up in the playoffs. Players who were average in the regular season start to perform spectacularly!

It's a whole new world son.
listen to Andy Reid's presser yesterday (Monday).....he talks specifically about how the game moves even faster, how each little thing gets magnified, etc. etc. Very interesting listening....

Einstein thinks his Bills are just going to strut in and pound everyone with all of that 1 game playoff experience they have.....and they very well could

But reality is that the NFL season ends in disappointment for 31 of 32 teams, and for 13 of the 14 playoff participants.....

Now, I've always clearly said that nothing is guaranteed, and that is certainly the case for our beloved Chiefs. But, I'll take a team that has been to the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years, who's current core, as of the start of the Pat Mahomes era, is 4-2 in the playoff, has been to two AFCCG, won a Super Bowl after overcoming all sorts of adversity through said playoff run, and then backed it with winning 14 out of 16 the following year, including going undefeated against all other playoff participants.

Again, doesn't guarantee anything, but that's a pretty solid resume going into the playoffs....and for those people trying to say that somehow Chiefs should be concerned should really reconsider....
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:20 PM 01-05-2021
He is saying that getting a bye is good. Not getting a bye is bad.

When only 1 team gets a bye...that's only good for the team who gets it.

That team would be....

THE WORLD CHAMPION KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:21 PM 01-05-2021
This is an old article..

Nice.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:21 PM 01-05-2021
Why would I put a bet on something I don't think is going to happen?

Can you link me to a post (literally any post) where I say that the Bills will beat the Chiefs?
:-)
[Reply]
diqlix 02:22 PM 01-05-2021
Which actually makes it even more of an advantage now....not helping yourself here.
Incorrect.

Because you are cutting the first round bye's in half, you now have to do a re-study, to see how many of the #1 seeds made the playoffs.

Because if a bunch of #2 seeds made it, then the results are irrelevant, as #2 seeds no longer have a bye.

Correlation vs causation. Are bye week teams making it because of the bye, or because they're better?

Summary: Studies that get results based on variables that no longer exist are no longer relevant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 01-05-2021
Sure.

But a "hot" team is different than what we are talking about though.

What I am saying is that how a team is playing more recently is more indicative of how they will play in the playoffs.

Whether they are hot or not.

Look at the Steelers. They won 11 games in a row, and dropped 4 of their last 5.

I think they are more likely to lose in the playoffs, than win, based on them losing 4 of the last 5.

Some would say "Yeah, but they won 11 straight". And to me, that's irrelevant.

Because what they have done most recently, is crap the bed. That, to me, is more indicative of what they will do next week. Rather than what they did in Week 1.
I didn't even go back 5 years.

2019 49ers - lost 2 of 5 - lost SB
2018 Patriots - lost 2 of 4 - won SB
2018 Rams - lost 2 of 4 - lost SB
2017 Eagles - lost 2 of 5 - won SB
2015 Broncos - lost 2 of 4 - won SB

Do you ever get tired of looking stupid?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 01-05-2021
Incorrect.

Because you are cutting the first round bye's in half, you now have to do a re-study, to see how many of the #1 seeds made the playoffs.

Because if a bunch of #2 seeds made it, then the results are irrelevant, as #2 seeds no longer have a bye.

Summary: Studies that get results based on variables that no longer exist are no longer relevant.
A bye week is a bye week. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:24 PM 01-05-2021
Isn't it just common sense?

If a team goes 4-4 in their first 8 games and looks average, but then goes 8-0 in the second half and looks amazing, what matters more?

What they were doing in September? Or what they're doing right now?
The Baltimore Ravens were 8-0 in the second half of the season last year... lost their first playoff game.

The 2018 Chicago Bears were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers were 7-1 in the second half of the season... lost their first playoff game.

Just a few recent examples of late season success not equating to continued momentum in the playoffs.

Perhaps you should take a step back and get your facts straight before continuing to humiliate yourself by posting unsubstantiated babble.
[Reply]
diqlix 02:24 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I didn't even go back 5 years.

2019 49ers - lost 2 of 5 - lost SB
2018 Patriots - lost 2 of 4 - won SB
2018 Rams - lost 2 of 4 - lost SB
2017 Eagles - lost 2 of 5 - won SB
2015 Broncos - lost 2 of 4 - won SB

Do you ever get tired of looking stupid?
In other words, not a single one, going back 5 years, won or even went to a SB, while losing 4 of 5.

Which makes sense.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 02:24 PM 01-05-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The Bills LB's Edmunds and AJ Klein were straight garbage to start the year. McDermott's adjustment was just to have them at the LOS or blitz all the time now since they are horrible in space.

That might work against rookie Tua or Lock. It won't be an answer to KC. Or Indy. Or Baltimore. Or Tenny.

Against KC you line up Klein and Edmunds that close to LOS and the ball is whizzing over their heads in 1 second to a streaking Tyreek or Mecole.
I'm hoping and praying the Bills ditch the soft zone look they used in the last game, and go with this strategy if the Chiefs meet up with them again....

They couldn't beat the Chiefs when they did actually take the ball out of Pat's hands, they sure as hell aren't going to beat them when they don't.....
[Reply]
Mecca 02:25 PM 01-05-2021
Incorrect.

Correlation vs causation. Are bye week teams making it because of the bye, or because they're better?

Actually todays #2 seed is more like a 3 seed than a 1 seed and only 2 3 seeds have ever made it...
[Reply]
Page 67 of 100
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up