ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 95
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
stumppy 09:35 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yes, I have seen many on the left try to do so.
:-)

You just turned into a joke.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:38 AM 06-08-2020
Why not cut out the middle men and just do your own research? The numbers are out there for everyone to see.
It would be a massive waste of time.

Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Then we would see other racial groups with the same problem. We don't, so its not.
Native Americans share similar issues as black Americans and I don't think that's a coincidence. They're the only group whose history in this country is comparable to black people (their go of it has probably been worse than black people's, to be honest).
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Of course not. But what does that have to do with births out of wedlock when they've been rising everywhere in the developed world?
Because you’re claiming all their issues are due to generations of racism.

Now that we’ve established that 73% figure is not because of racism, and the lack of black fathers is clearly resulting in a very disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes, you can’t just simply blame racism for that either.

At some point, you have to acknowledge personal responsibility in all of this.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:41 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

You just turned into a joke.
Do you know the numbers?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:44 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Because you’re claiming all their issues are due to generations of racism.

Now that we’ve established that 73% figure is not because of racism, and the lack of black fathers is clearly resulting in a very disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes, you can’t just simply blame racism for that either.

At some point, you have to acknowledge personal responsibility in all of this.
But out-of-wedlock births have gone up everywhere since 1965. Have we seen the same level of violent crime increase globally since that period? If not, then perhaps out-of-wedlock births are not the cause. Correlation does not equal causation.

What statistics are you using to gauge that the "lack of black fathers is clearly resulting in a very disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes"?
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:44 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It would be a massive waste of time.

Native Americans share similar issues as black Americans and I don't think that's a coincidence. They're the only group whose history in this country is comparable to black people (their go of it has probably been worse than black people's, to be honest).

Massive waste of time with all that is going on? I would think it would behoove all parties that have such a investment in this to do some research themselves. I mean, you don't want to be a parrot your entire life right?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:47 AM 06-08-2020
But out-of-wedlock births have gone up everywhere since 1965. Have we seen the same level of violent crime increase globally since that period? If not, then perhaps out-of-wedlock births are not the cause. Correlation does not equal causation.

What statistics are you using to gauge that the "lack of black fathers is clearly resulting in a very disproportionate amount of murders and other violent crimes"?
Have they gone up to 73%? You keep talking about this trend, but I’m not seeing any other race anywhere close to 73%. Stop pretending like that’s normal. Like I said, it’s 25% for whites.

Also, if you can’t see the correlation with the lack of black fathers and crime, I don’t know what to fucking tell you. There are plenty of statistics out there that support this.

9 times more likely to end up dropping out of school and 20 times more likely to end up in prison.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 06-08-2020
Posted in DC, but still applies here. Mahomes being in that video apparently forced Goodell to apologize. Damn

Power of the players. pic.twitter.com/yIPnUYEnT0

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) June 8, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Posted in DC, but still applies here. Mahomes being in that video apparently forced Goodell to apologize. Damn

I posted the article that quote came from a few pages back. It's a long read but interesting.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:54 AM 06-08-2020
Have they gone up to 73%? You keep talking about this trend, but I’m not seeing any other race anywhere close to 73%. Stop pretending like that’s normal. Like I said it’s 25% for whites.

Also, if you can’t see the correlation with the lack of black fathers and crime, I don’t know what to fucking tell you. There are plenty of statistics out there that support this.
Out-of-wedlock births in Iceland went from 25% in 1964 to 69% in 2014. And in Iceland, there are less than 2 murders per year. Using your foolproof statistical analysis, I deduce that out-of-wedlock births are the cause of Iceland's low murder rate.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 06-08-2020
Out-of-wedlock births in Iceland went from 25% in 1964 to 69% in 2014. And in Iceland, there are less than 2 murders per year. Using your foolproof statistical analysis, I deduce that out-of-wedlock births are the cause of Iceland's low murder rate.
I see you missed my edit. 20 times more likely to end up in prison. Now explain that away.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
A fake head isnt real hair either.
Average hours spent to become an officer in the US 300-800.
Average hours to become a hairstylist or barber 900-1500.
Florida is 1200 hours, Mo is 1500.... you can do your own leg work if you want but theres your shown work. :-)
You find one of those fake heads that shoot back at you, did you? Tossing away a wig and starting over will teach you how to deal with an unruly cowlick. Reading a hostile exchange or doing a years worth of rehearsals on conflict management won't teach you how to deal with an angry person shouting in your face and reaching for his pocket.

Again - just a week effort here. Culling out fieldwork for someone who's occupation often calls for dealing with violent and confrontational people is just wholly dishonest. The nature of that profession requires that you experience the sort of relatively unnatural and heightened scenarios that you will deal with frequently as an officer.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:59 AM 06-08-2020
Massive waste of time with all that is going on? I would think it would behoove all parties that have such a investment in this to do some research themselves. I mean, you don't want to be a parrot your entire life right?
I would also like to point out I believe you could have all of this information in probably under 30 minutes with a few google searches from the sources of data themselves.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:02 AM 06-08-2020
I see you missed my edit. 20 times more likely to end up in prison. Now explain that away.
Sorry, what are you citing exactly? And can you provide your source?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 06-08-2020
Originally Posted by Time's Yours:
Maybe I lost track of the conversation, but when you talk about these unpreventable mistakes, because nobody's perfect, are you talking about shooting an unarmed person as he runs away, beating someone to death, or just the incident with pushing the 75 year old?
If you want to earn cheap points by asking bullshit rhetorical questions and then playing dumb, Direkshun can give you a master class on it over in DC.

You miss the part where I specifically said "the Floyd incident is indefensible..."? And I believe you're referring to that SC case, right? Where the officer shot the dude and then planted a gun on him?

All of the instances you are talking about I have spoken to. Those are incidents where officers with a fairly dire history of unnecessary confrontation were protected by their unions.

I flat out said - departments need to be more willing to fire bad officers. Those aren't good officers making mistakes, those are dangerous people who are hiding being state authority. But the Justine Diamond killing was a tragic accident. As was Philando Castille. These were not officers with bad backgrounds. They weren't known bad apples. By all outward appearances they were good people who made bad choices in high-stress environments. You will never be able to cull that sort of possibility from law enforcement.

But to throw entire police departments into the garbage and say that anything unfortunate the happens can only be attributed to obvious incompetence or bad motives is just irresponsible and foolish.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 95
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up