ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 298
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
carcosa 09:18 AM 10-15-2018
This seems like the sort of thing that a good coordinator could have done better.

KC runs straight forward C1 man with no attempt at disguising. Not only that, they put the newest addition, Josh Shaw, in man coverage on Gronk on an island while Lucas plays man on a RB and Parker sits CF. Brady IDs this immediately, no adjustment just "go press Gronk kid". pic.twitter.com/oVAnivjhR3

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
loochy 09:23 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
The above quote by Molitoth, in another thread, sums things up very well. :-)
What about this quote?

Originally Posted by lewdog:
I didn't post about it on the board but shared it with a few of the Mods and people on here.

Let's just air it out now though.

Had Tex offer to get some baseballs signed for me back in 2015 when I mentioned collecting autographed baseballs. Said he had connections for some Astros signatures and it was no problem. Sent him 5 authentic MLB balls worth $100. He responded about some Astros events for a few weeks. Some neat things he was attending. 6 months go by and I reach out. He said he was waiting on getting one more signature but he'd send the ones he had. I said, not a problem, I can wait. Just send them all together.

After than he stop responding to messages here and his personal email he sent to me a few times.

Not so much as a response the past few times I've reached out to him in the last 2 years. It's not about the money either, I just wanna know the reason or at least if he could donate the balls somewhere. But to ignore someone is pretty ****ing lame.

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:23 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
My God. This thread. You can bash your ****ing head into a wall repeating endlessly that "it's not his fault," but the key point is that this D is so ****ing bad, it cannot get any ****ing worse. We could hire a hotdog vendor and this D would not play any worse than it already is, never forcing a single punt and giving up 43 ****ing points in a game the offense scored 40.

CLEARLY no coach is replacing him and slapping this group into an average or better unit, but it might spark something. All it takes is a play here and there. There were a couple of brutal moments we rushed 3 and Brady just sat there and found the open guy. Isn't the point of dropping 8 to ****ing cover someone? Maybe call something up to stop one of those many 3rd and shorts?

Also, what about leadership? Our spiritual leader is a crippled guy who doesn't even play, and I've never, ever, not ONCE seen Sutton show emotion or get his guys fired up on the sideline.

Bring in a ****ing motivator to kick their ****ing asses and demand better. It won't result in a 30% or 50% or 100% improvement, but it probably results in a 10% improvement and that's ALL WE ****ING NEED.
:-)

Look man, the posts below criticizing the actual calls are good to call out sutton.

Talking like it's his job to be a cheerleader is ****ing retarded. Do the best DC's run around sidelines and cheer on players? Ridiculous. This WHOLE DEFENSIVE STAFF should be canned. Not 'fire sutton and promote some dickhead who's also not doing his job".
[Reply]
loochy 09:27 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
This WHOLE DEFENSIVE STAFF should be canned. Not 'fire sutton and promote some dickhead who's also not doing his job".
I'd be down for that.

Hell, cut the entire D players as well. I think our offensive players could do a better job on D.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:28 AM 10-15-2018
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict...ly%20exclusive
His quote, in no way, implies mutual exclusivity.

It actually does the opposite. He's saying do both.

Who, exactly, do you want promoted to defensive coordinator since this mid-season firing is so important to you?

I'm all for dumping the whole staff after the season.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:30 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by carcosa:
This seems like the sort of thing that a good coordinator could have done better.

Came here to post this. Not good.

I'd be interested if Sutton does a better job disguising things when he's not suiting up bunch of brand new replacements to injured players. I doubt it.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:34 AM 10-15-2018
The point isn't that Andy is there scheming the defense. He's the fucking head coach, not the head coach of offense, and he sets the standards of performance on both sides of the ball.

When your team is lazy in pursuit and can't tackle, that's an issue that's going to take more than a change at defensive coordinator to fix. That's a culture problem.
I'm pretty sure he is pretty-much the head coach of the offense. He's done some pretty good things with the O, but he's really focused too little on pick plays and playing for DPI and DHs, but other than those two glaring gaps in a 2018 offense (playing to the NFL's current flag-happy officials), he's done great with the offense, but at the cost of having an embarrassing defense.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:35 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He was getting sassy with Sutton at the end of the game, and that's damn near unheard of for Reid. Maybe the fact that we actually lost a game because of these buffoons wakes him up.
Are we sure he was getting sassy with him? I have my doubts. For all we know he was just reminding him that they get no sprinkles.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:36 AM 10-15-2018
It's overdue, he needs to be fired at the end of the season even if we win a SuperBowl. I'm not going to watch as we piss away all of Patrick Mahomes' cheap years on shitty defensive play. We would be the Packers with Rodgers, Andy would eventually retire, and Patrick will have a massive deal, but it will all be on his shoulders to carry the load for the rest of his KC days. Pass on that, be proactive, not reactive. You have this Offense together for a few more years, you need to start building a Defense around Mahomes and the Offense and it should've started yesterday.

Speaks is young, he needs to develop his moves as a pass rusher just like Ford did, only he needs to do it quicker than Ford did. Fuller is a good enough CB, but if he demands top money then he can walk and you can find someone younger to do the job. You're stuck with Hitchens, Berry and Houston for a bit so you just have to hope that one or two of them starts playing up to their contracts. Sign Hill over the offseason because generally speaking guys his size only play out of their minds for one contract, franchise one of the defensive players, and let the other one go, whether that's Jones or Fuller, we'll just see who plays better and decide at that time.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:39 AM 10-15-2018
I'm all for dumping the whole staff after the season.
Why would you advocate waiting? Do you think it can possibly get any worse? And if not, since there is literally no risk and only upside, why not do it now?

I'm not saying rah-rah is the answer, certainly not long-term, but I'm making the obvious assumption that Sutton can't scheme any better, so we might as well at least try to get them to play with fire, and more importantly to hold them accountable. Have you seen them in their press conferences? The players, that is. They talk like they're fucking league average, not embarrassingly bad. There's this strange culture that we're ... okay.

Fucking change the culture. That's basically what it comes down to. And yes, I know it's not happening now, so everything I'm saying is relevant to it happening in January.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:39 AM 10-15-2018
This Rex Ryan defense sucks. There is a reason the Ryan brothers can’t keep a fucking job.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 09:40 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Are we sure he was getting sassy with him? I have my doubts. For all we know he was just reminding him that they get no sprinkles.
He looked pissed. His reaction was the same as mine: we know you're bad, but you couldn't at least call up one fucking play to force one fucking punt? We score 40 and lose?

Nothing's gonna happen, of course, and Reid is too loyal, but he isn't happy losing games like this. He knows we deserved to win scoring 40.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:56 AM 10-15-2018
He looked pissed. His reaction was the same as mine: we know you're bad, but you couldn't at least call up one fucking play to force one fucking punt? We score 40 and lose?

Nothing's gonna happen, of course, and Reid is too loyal, but he isn't happy losing games like this. He knows we deserved to win scoring 40.
I just rewatched it (at the :17 to go timeout), and while they weren't jumping for joy, I didn't sense that the conversation was much beyond a dejected, "well there's not much more we can do" type of comments. Certainly not a, "why the fuck did you have new-guy covering Gronk" kind of chat. Maybe it was a, "where the hell is Berry?" comment!

I think Andy knows he can't say too much, Bob can get to the mics too, and he might fight back if this turns into the organization blaming him for having poor players out there.

And yeah, at some point (like THIS WEEK!!!!), they better have a date for Berry's return. If he/they can't circle a date on the calendar, he should be on IR. This isn't baseball man!

And don't practice this week I guess, we can't afford any more broken legs! Sheeeesh!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 10-15-2018
This was Sutton's worst performance to date. Up to this point I've defended a lot of what he's done, but last night's effort gave me no grounds to do so.

The Chiefs have as much defensive talent on the field as the Patriots do but the Patriots were able to get to Mahomes a lot more often and it was only Mahomes' ability to work outside the pocket that saved him.

Granted, the 'exotic' blitzes they used on Mahomes wouldn't work on Brady because he's unlikely to get tricked by most of those disguises. And blitzing Brady is generally a bad idea given his ability to diagnose and hit the hot.

But we were completely vanilla yesterday with no wrinkles that even made Brady think twice. I won't blame Sutton for the ILB's refusal to do some fairly basic run-fit stuff, but he's absolutely responsible for the plain coverage looks that gave Brady very easy reads. Especially when we know how badly Brady wanted to work over the middle and we still did very little to address it.

Last night was an unacceptable effort from Sutton and I can't think of anything else to call it. I don't think that has been his norm thus far this season, but he got pretty badly de-pantsed by Belichick.

We weren't gonna hold NE to 17, but 31 was within reason and we got nothing approaching that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:00 AM 10-15-2018
Originally Posted by petegz28:
2 of the 4 worst blown leads in playoff history.....now this. Yeah, Bob Sutton has nothing to do with any of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dallas just put 40 on the Jags. :-)
[Reply]
Page 91 of 298
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up