ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 287
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:46 PM 08-03-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
I enjoyed the movie other than the ending. I like movies that make you think, but if a movie needs a 25 minute explanation, then they tried to do too much IMO.

Edit: This is the explanation I'm talking about
I get what you mean, and Enemy didn't spark my curiosity to deconstruct it. Now, a movie like Lost Highway grabbed my interest in deciphering it, but I know for many they totally didn't care for it.

At one point I think I had it all figured out. My sister, and her now husband watched it one night when it came out on rental and couldn't make up from down on what was going on. I gave then my 10 minute rundown and they said it totally clicked and wanted to watch it again.
I haven't seen it in years, and don't have the foggiest idea what I had puzzled all together- which is why I have been meaning to revisit it and screen it again.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:58 AM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Anyone else seen Killer Joe and Bug ?

Both are out there, but I dug them each. They are both adapted from plays by the same person.

If you are in the mood for something off the beaten path, and masterfully done, I recommend them both.

Also, curious what other's opinions on them are, for anyone who has seen either?
I thought Bug was great, my wife thought it was just ok. I loved watching them both unravel mentally! Haven't seen the other one yet.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:01 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
I thought Bug was great, my wife thought it was just ok. I loved watching them both unravel mentally! Haven't seen the other one yet.
Definitely do, McConaughey again turns in a spectacular performance.
[Reply]
Frosty 08:26 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Just watched Captain America Winter Soldier. I really liked it.
Me too. Caught it last week at a 2nd run theater. I think it was wise to team him up with Black Widow and Falcon. I don't think any of those characters are strong enough to carry a movie themselves but they made a nice team, kind of a mini-Avengers.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:47 PM 08-04-2014
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Also, some interesting background. Sheen reprised his role for the movie after being the original person cast in the play. His performance got him noticed for a part on Boardwalk Empire, which in turn opened up a lot more roles for him in movies- including Zod in Man of Steel.

Harry Connick was offered the role on a whim after meeting the director at a Hollywood charity dinner and the director felt he naturally possessed a lot of his character's personality qualities. Not exactly a compliment in my estimation.

As for Killer Joe. Gina Gershon was offered the role she plays in the movie when it was to debut many many years ago. She turned it down because of one specific scene and act that takes place, stating that she thought she would become mentally unstable if she had to perform this over and over 8 times each week for however long the original run of the play lasted.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:02 AM 08-05-2014
Saw Boyhood this weekend. I think the effusive praise is a bit over the top, but I can't deny the effect of the 12 year process is compelling. It is a truly unique storytelling device that elevates the occasionally marginal performances (it can't be easy to be consistently in character for sporadic shoots over 12 years.)

I had one real problem with the resolution...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:37 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Saw Boyhood this weekend. I think the effusive praise is a bit over the top, but I can't deny the effect of the 12 year process is compelling. It is a truly unique storytelling device that elevates the occasionally marginal performances (it can't be easy to be consistently in character for sporadic shoots over 12 years.)

I had one real problem with the resolution...

Spoiler!
I've been wanting to see this, and wondered if the extended filming process sort of garnered excess praise for an otherwise "good" film.
Thanks for the feedback.
[Reply]
-King- 05:25 PM 08-05-2014
Watched The End of the World. I really liked the first third to half of the movie. But it took a real turn when the robot story line was introduced. Then it was basically a british version of The Watch.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 05:39 PM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watched The End of the World. I really liked the first third to half of the movie. But it took a real turn when the robot story line was introduced. Then it was basically a british version of The Watch.
I have a question about that. Like you, I really enjoyed the beginning. However, I knew about the sci fi twist from the trailers. Did you know or were you caught off guard by it?

I have a theory that the movie would have been better had I not known about it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:00 PM 08-05-2014
I have a question about that. Like you, I really enjoyed the beginning. However, I knew about the sci fi twist from the trailers. Did you know or were you caught off guard by it?

The wife and I had seen the trailers and knew the sci-fi twist, but it took so long for that part to get introduced, by the time it was we had both become convinced we were thinking of a different movie.
[Reply]
-King- 06:24 AM 08-06-2014

I knew there was a sci-fi twist but I didn't know what it would be. I thought the robots were kind of lame and the story decidedly took a bad turn after they were introduced.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:25 AM 08-06-2014
Watched Her. I like Spike Jonze and his movies but this one was just ok for me. Phoenix did a great job and the Directing really was top notch but the movie just draaaags. Plus the topic has been done a little too much recently.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 05:28 PM 08-06-2014
I think FilmDrunk summed up Spike Jonze pretty well, he is one of the few independent guys out there that isnt up his own ass. I enjoyed Her, despite Johannson's scratchy voice.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:42 AM 08-09-2014
Just watched Divergent and loved it. Yeah.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:21 PM 08-10-2014
Finally watched Lone Survivor and immediately dropped Sprint.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 287
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up