ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 126
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
007 04:56 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Except the part where Reeve, Hackman, and Kidder all received nominations.
Forget those peasants. Superman I and II were great movies.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:06 AM 04-22-2015
Originally Posted by Guru:
The Granddaddy of all superhero movies, and the only Nolan's Dark Knight film is the only one that could compare when it comes to cultural impact.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:58 AM 04-22-2015
Considering we actually have a Super_Man movie, can the mods please disable the auto-smiley? Or make it so you have use colons around it like most of the other smilies?
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:05 PM 04-22-2015
Considering we actually have a Super_Man movie, can the mods please disable the auto-smiley? Or make it so you have use colons around it like most of the other smilies?
Trust me, there are probably enough colons around Superman as it is.

Da dum ching!
[Reply]
bowener 06:30 PM 04-22-2015
I agree. Please.
[Reply]
-King- 12:57 AM 04-23-2015
Except the part where Reeve, Hackman, and Kidder all received nominations.
Hackman was the only one who received a nomination for anything big. Reeve won an award so insignificant they stopped giving it away in 1984.

And to be honest, being nominated for a BAFTA doesn't really mean anything to me. None of those people were nominated for any Oscars.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:03 AM 04-23-2015
They were great as a kid. Showing their age now

First one was great except for the Otis stuff

2nd one was great for the era it was made, but is really corny now.
[Reply]
007 06:07 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
They were great as a kid. Showing their age now

First one was great except for the Otis stuff

2nd one was great for the era it was made, but is really corny now.
Dont' care. I still love watching them both. Reminds me of simpler and happier times.

If only they could have done it all Donner's way in both movies
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:14 AM 04-23-2015
Dont' care. I still love watching them both. Reminds me of simpler and happier times.

If only they could have done it all Donner's way in both movies
I've never seen the Donner cut of II

I need to check that out sometime
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:56 AM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by -King-:
Hackman was the only one who received a nomination for anything big. Reeve won an award so insignificant they stopped giving it away in 1984.

And to be honest, being nominated for a BAFTA doesn't really mean anything to me. None of those people were nominated for any Oscars.
Posted via Mobile Device
AH, so you get to pick and choose which award categories that fit your argument. Good to know.

It was also nominated for Best Comedy Adapted from Another Medium in the Writer's Guild.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:43 AM 04-23-2015
5 reasons Ben Affleck will be a great Batman...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reason...r4=recommended
[Reply]
Swanman 12:24 PM 04-23-2015
When Batman is yapping at Supes at the end of the trailer, the eyes in the suit definitely have a green hue. That could be kryptonite in some form. It appears they are taking a small page out the Dark Knight Returns cartoon when Batman got a special bulked up suit to fight Superman.
[Reply]
AustinChief 12:30 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Not really.

Marvel has done a good job of balancing powers and weaknesses. The 90's were pretty poor overall for the introduction of characters but Marvel has been good about slowly explaining origins and back stories.

Wolverine, Cable, and Deadpool were characters that were introduced later and had histories that played out over years or decades.

And really for a long time Marvel just had better writers...
All of this. The only DC character (from my childhood) that I felt was on par with Marvel was Firestorm.
[Reply]
-King- 03:04 PM 04-23-2015
AH, so you get to pick and choose which award categories that fit your argument. Good to know.

It was also nominated for Best Comedy Adapted from Another Medium in the Writer's Guild.
Its not so much pick and choose. I've literally never heard of the BAFTAs before that post so its really irrelevant to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:46 PM 04-23-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
When Batman is yapping at Supes at the end of the trailer, the eyes in the suit definitely have a green hue. That could be kryptonite in some form. It appears they are taking a small page out the Dark Knight Returns cartoon when Batman got a special bulked up suit to fight Superman.

It'll be interesting to see how they go through with that. We've yet to see kryptonite in this new Superman franchise.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 126
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763103 > Last »
Up