ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Fallout 76
Frazod 08:16 AM 05-30-2018
https://kotaku.com/bethesda-announce...-76-1826417383

Bethesda Announces Fallout: 76

The next big game from Fallout developer Bethesda Game Studios is Fallout: 76, the company announced today, and although the studio hasn’t yet said what it is, we hear it’s an online game of some sort.

Here’s the teaser trailer:

[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:44 AM 12-06-2018

customers that submitted a ticket to claim their in game currency have been inadvertently doxxed.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 12-06-2018
:-) Every time I think they're done digging they just grab the shovel and dig some more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 12-06-2018
Ouch.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/12...JtGQO0ax0rRot8

Originally Posted by :
Yesterday, users on Reddit began to report they were receiving access to a part of the Fallout 76 website that revealed support tickets submitted by other players. Many of these tickets were from players wishing to replace the controversial nylon bags that came with the Power Armor Edition of the game with canvas bags. The leak enabled total strangers to see other players’ home addresses, contact information, and credit card numbers.

The breach was so bad, in fact, these strangers could go in and resolve the support tickets themselves.

Though Bethesda was able to heal the gap quickly, this is not a good look for a company who has been mired in controversy ever since Fallout 76's buggy launch. When players started to report that they were receiving nylon bags instead of the canvas bags shown in in the original special edition advertisement, community outrage only intensified. Bethesda’s initial response to this didn't make matters any better.

Bethesda has since begun reissuing the canvas bags to all fans who purchased the Power Armor Edition. Following this debacle, it seems Bethesda's woes aren't over yet.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:31 PM 12-06-2018
Bethesda used to be a really good game company.

What the FUCK happened.
[Reply]
bowener 03:10 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

What the FUCK happened.
Probably greed coupled with incompetence. Outdated software remains because they don't want to spend the money on building a new engine that is worth a shit. And incompetent leadership allowed that to happen without a thought of the future.

I won't be surprised if they sell off their own franchises at some point. It appears they have nearly no interest the FO universe anymore after giving us the very lackluster FO4 and now this pile of irradiated shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 12-06-2018

What the FUCK happened.
Dude, you're not old enough to remember the bugginess of Daggerfall or the Battlespire pre-order fiasco.

Bethesda has been screwing customers over for 20+ years.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:47 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
Probably greed coupled with incompetence. Outdated software remains because they don't want to spend the money on building a new engine that is worth a shit. And incompetent leadership allowed that to happen without a thought of the future.

I won't be surprised if they sell off their own franchises at some point. It appears they have nearly no interest the FO universe anymore after giving us the very lackluster FO4 and now this pile of irradiated shit.
This is not giving me warm fuzzies about ES6......
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:21 PM 12-06-2018
Bethesda looked at the backlash and ridicule Blizzard was getting and thought to themselves "hold our beers, bitches."
[Reply]
Frazod 07:06 PM 12-06-2018
Damn, I'm glad I steered clear of this piece of crap. While I'm sure I wouldn't have ordered the deluxe edition with the silly bag, still, it's not like I've never supplied a credit card number to Bethesda before.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM 12-07-2018
I've been considering picking this up because I love exploring Bethesda worlds so much.

Is it worth it for that at least?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:49 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, you're not old enough to remember the bugginess of Daggerfall or the Battlespire pre-order fiasco.

Bethesda has been screwing customers over for 20+ years.
Not only that but they've always released super buggy ass games. I remember having so many issues with Daggerfall it was crazy. I restarted my character at least a dozen times because my savegames were completely ruined.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:52 AM 12-08-2018
I've been considering picking this up because I love exploring Bethesda worlds so much.

Is it worth it for that at least?
I went in thinking it would be the worst game ever, and I haven't put it down since launch. I have ALWAYS wanted an online fallout and this fits the bill for me. It is incredibly buggy but if you can get past that the map is huge and the quests are many and unique. Games strong points are the huge ass map that's 4x the size of Fallout 4 so exploring is great and it's probably closer to a Fallout loot shooter than a traditional RPG. I know it's getting a lot of hate but I really do enjoy it fwiw especially playing with my buds online.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:55 AM 12-08-2018
I've played almost 100 hours since launch. Game has crashed exactly once. I haven't experienced any other bugs of note. I've had a lot of fun just wandering around. There's actually a lot of story if you can get past the whole "wtf there's no npc's" thing. 'course it helps that I grew up in West Virginia, so it's cool as hell seeing places I know from the real world mentioned in a game. Never thought that would happen...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:15 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've played almost 100 hours since launch. Game has crashed exactly once. I haven't experienced any other bugs of note. I've had a lot of fun just wandering around. There's actually a lot of story if you can get past the whole "wtf there's no npc's" thing. 'course it helps that I grew up in West Virginia, so it's cool as hell seeing places I know from the real world mentioned in a game. Never thought that would happen...

I feel if someone had no contact with review sites and just bought the game and played it they would be loving it. I did have a MAIN quest bug that stopped me from progressing for a week but I fixed that today and the game is just tits.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:24 PM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I feel if someone had no contact with review sites and just bought the game and played it they would be loving it. I did have a MAIN quest bug that stopped me from progressing for a week but I fixed that today and the game is just tits.
Social media mob mentality is going to kill a lot of games. Started in earnest maybe a decade ago with the reactions to Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3, as well as to an extent The Old Republic and more recently Andromeda (and you see it already with Anthem...), and it's clearly spread from BioWare to Bethesda, first with ESO and now with FO76. I still believe publishers are paying companies to manipulate social media (much like we saw in the 2016 election...). At this point games are getting crucified before they even get out the gate, before anybody can possibly have formed an objective opinion on them.

And the goal posts for what's good and what's not have clearly been moved. A game is either a 10/10 "best ever!" or it's a complete dud. There's no in between. Games like the BioWare titles I mentioned are talked about like they killed BioWare as a studio, simply because they were merely good. Probably 7 or even 8 out of 10's by any fair measure, but they're talked about like they're the anti-Christ of video games. Because the mob has spoken.

I read no press on fo76 before launch. I continue to read no press about it now. I continue to enjoy the game. I really think we poison our own well when we let other people decide whether or not we enjoy something.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up