ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Media Center>CW: The Flash
keg in kc 02:22 PM 05-15-2014
Time to give it its own thread...

[Reply]
Rasputin 08:03 PM 11-17-2015
The Flash and The Arrow join forces December 1 Boom Ch Ka !!!
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 08:38 PM 11-17-2015
Gorilla city sweet!
[Reply]
KC Dan 03:21 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
What do you think the chances are that Zoom is Earth-2 Barry?
Finally caught up. Money in the bank is my guess
[Reply]
Radar Chief 03:32 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
What do you think the chances are that Zoom is Earth-2 Barry?
Maybe I've misinterpreted what is going on in the show but I thought Zoom wasn't necessarily from Earth 2, that it is merely his latest landing spot in his quest to eliminate all other speedsters.
[Reply]
milkman 07:23 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's been my guess all along. Might explain why they got him off the show in episode one, which I thought was stupid at the time. To keep Shipp out of sight and out of mind.
I never even gave it a thought until the question was asked here.

I am still struggling with the concept of Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash getting eliminated from existence when Eddie kills himself, and nothing else changes.

The show is simple mind numbing entertainment, but really is pretty fucking stupid.

I guess paradox never flashed in the writer's minds.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:32 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by milkman:

I am still struggling with the concept of Harrison Wells/Reverse Flash getting eliminated from existence when Eddie kills himself, and nothing else changes.

The show is simple mind numbing entertainment, but really is pretty fucking stupid.

I honestly never thought that you would watch this show. shows that i'm a terrible judge.

but seriously, I've never been a DC guy. and I truly enjoy this show. gives you just enough to keep you coming back for more!!!
[Reply]
007 07:33 PM 11-18-2015

this is why time travel sucks so hard. Technically, Grod shouldn't even exist since there was no Thawn to train him. But maybe that was going to happen one way or the other. No idea.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:36 PM 11-18-2015
I don't know who Zoom maybe but I just think he is a big A hole who is jelly of other speedsters that they may end up faster than him so he has to be a dick about it and do what ever it takes to be the fastest no matter what earth it is.

It seems like a corny show but I love it never really know what to expect from show to show . Zoom is an epic super villain I will give it that.
[Reply]
milkman 08:06 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I honestly never thought that you would watch this show. shows that i'm a terrible judge.

but seriously, I've never been a DC guy. and I truly enjoy this show. gives you just enough to keep you coming back for more!!!
I am a big SciFi/fantasy fan, and comic books are both.

Originally Posted by Guru:
this is why time travel sucks so hard. Technically, Grod shouldn't even exist since there was no Thawn to train him. But maybe that was going to happen one way or the other. No idea.
There is so much wrong with the story line after Eddie shoots himself, it would be imposible to get it all into one post, not to mention that I might forget some, and not even think of some.

To this day, I still think the best time travel movie is "The Final Countdown".
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:52 PM 11-18-2015

There is so much wrong with the story line after Eddie shoots himself, it would be imposible to get it all into one post, not to mention that I might forget some, and not even think of some.

Is that the one with the Naval ship going back to WWII and start of the Perl Harbor attacks? That was a very good movie. I agree that's the best time travel movie I just haven't seen it in a long time.
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:53 PM 11-18-2015
Zoom is quickly becoming my favorite Super Villain.
[Reply]
milkman 09:00 PM 11-18-2015
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Is that the one with the Naval ship going back to WWII and start of the Perl Harbor attacks? That was a very good movie. I agree that's the best time travel movie I just haven't seen it in a long time.
Yes.
[Reply]
007 09:36 PM 11-18-2015

That was a great movie. I really need to watch that again.
[Reply]
JakeLV 11:53 AM 11-21-2015

The show is simple mind numbing entertainment, but really is pretty ****ing stupid.

If Reverse Flash never existed, then the whole timeline we were watching would have never existed. Eddie never has a reason to die, Nora lives and Barry goes down the path of the Flash from the original timeline, which in turn creates Eobard.

Kind of like a grandfather paradox. That timeline only exists if Eobard goes back in time. I think the only solution that made any sense was that Eobard existed until he didn't, otherwise the characters are just in a timeloop.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 09:50 AM 11-22-2015

The show is simple mind numbing entertainment, but really is pretty ****ing stupid.

You're assuming that the resolution of a time paradox fits in with whatever theory of time travel you happen to subscribe to. Since time travel is a fictional concept, there is no hard and fast rule regarding the resolution of a time paradox. All we can really hope for is some kind of logical consistency that keeps the show entertaining.

If you insist upon the entire universe being changed to reflect the new reality, you might as well dismiss the concept of time travel altogether. If you go back in time and kill your grandfather before you are born, you never exist. If you never exist, you can't kill your grandfather. So you do exist. It's an endless loop.

I have no problem with the way the writers chose to handle it. I wouldn't say the show is stupid. I say you would enjoy it more if you would remember that the entire premise of the show is about suspension of disbelief.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 39
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up