ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: House of Cards
Deberg_1990 10:49 AM 01-31-2013
Premieres tomorrow. All 13 episodes drop at once.

Heres an interesting nugget from a Forbes column:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...s-this-friday/

But BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield thinks that if House Of Cards is a success, Netflix could also start demanding a fee from the broadband suppliers that plug their fat pipes into our homes and let us stream House Of Cards in the first place.

You can read Greenfield’s full report here (subscription required) but his basic idea is that the cable companies are taking about $40 bucks a month from you for your Internet service and not sharing any of that with the content side because for the most part, they are paying networks like AMC and Discovery a per subscriber fee on the cable side.

If Netflix’s exclusive programming takes off and viewers demand it, Netflix could be in a position to start taking a per subscriber fee from the cable guys on the Internet side. It’s not a completely unprecedented idea. According to Greenfield, ESPN gets a per sub fee for ESPN 3 from broadband.

It would be a bold move on Hastings’ part and one that he’s not yet in a position to make. But if shows like House Of Cards help Netflix become the next HBO, the service could be looking at a whole new stream of revenue.
[Reply]
Silock 01:58 PM 02-15-2014
Episode 10, and I still hate one thing I've always hated about this show:

They portray the President as someone that isn't very ruthless, and I don't find that believable. He didn't get to be President by being nice.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 03:03 PM 02-15-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
I think the only honest dialogue in the whole show is between them. They both know where they at and with each other.
It's an interesting relationship. I do think they love each other, but mostly they're a team. It's all about ambition, and crushing anyone in their way.

You see a hell of a lot of mutual respect in their relationship... Romance? not so much.

One or the other had an affair? Meh, whatever. Let's just work together to keep that shit quiet.
[Reply]
SPATCH 03:23 PM 02-15-2014
I think the only honest dialogue in the whole show is between them. They both know where they at and with each other.
I agree that they are 100% on the same wavelength. But, their communication is still political and cold, AT ALL TIMES.

They are both shadow people.

Claire has shown a few glimpses of humanity (exploring the idea of having children, briefly. Showing some vulnerability over the experience of her freshman year in college, etc). But, on the whole, she is an empty vessel.

Frank and Claire's relationship is not human. They don't keep secrets from one another, but the don't confide in one another. Their words are measured and calculated. They are androids communicating with one another.
[Reply]
Silock 03:00 AM 02-16-2014
Still disagree re: their relationship. Watch the whole season and then tell me if you still feel that way.

Finished the last episode tonight. A bit of a letdown, because I found it to be too predictable, but I cannot WAIT for next season. Gonna be a shitshow!
[Reply]
Sanka 04:39 AM 02-16-2014
Just got done watching season 2, all I could say is WOW! Cannot wait for season 3.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 PM 02-16-2014
Still disagree re: their relationship. Watch the whole season and then tell me if you still feel that way.

Finished the last episode tonight. A bit of a letdown, because I found it to be too predictable, but I cannot WAIT for next season. Gonna be a shitshow!
Finished tonight. episode 1 of season 2 set the bar high. Great season but I was also disappointed in the predictable ending. They could have achieved the end result but made the path to that end a little more intricate and unpredictable.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:50 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
THIS! Anyone who said they saw that coming are FOS.
I saw it coming. Now the caveat to that is, everyone talked about a huge twist in the first episode of season 2. We decided to rewatch the entire first season before diving in. We watched all 13 episodes last year in 2 days, and did that again this time around so I had forgotten a lot about how it trailed off. By the 11th episode I looked at my wife and told her exactly what was going to happen.

Spoiler!

This is shaping up to be one of the best shows I have ever watched.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 06:52 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by the_spatula:
Does anybody else get really freaked out by the dialog between Frank and Claire or Frank and any of the other politicians?

It feels like no one is ever communicating with any sincerity. No one ever stops playing the game. Conversations between Frank and the president are completely vacuous (not that surprising, I guess, but they are SO dedicated to the facade). But, Frank and Claire really freak me out. They are political with eachother 100% of the time. It gives me the creeps, man.

Edit: and Episode 1 of season 2 destroyed my entire world.
That's it. Constant sales. Constant manipulation. I told my wife that everyone on that show is timesharing each other all the time. I think it's great.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 07:36 AM 02-17-2014
Watched season two this weekend. Loved it. They do make the president out to be a pussy.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:56 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
THIS! Anyone who said they saw that coming are FOS.
well, it was true to the original series, so anyone who saw that....but yeah.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 02:48 PM 02-17-2014
Episode 10, and I still hate one thing I've always hated about this show:

They portray the President as someone that isn't very ruthless, and I don't find that believable. He didn't get to be President by being nice.
That is because the president was Tusk's puppet. The only reason he was probably elected was with Tusk's backing. He let others be ruthless for him.

My wife and I finished the whole second season Saturday and Sunday. So well done. Going from that to the crap that is the walking dead was jarring.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
007 11:29 PM 02-18-2014
Just finished ep 10. You guys had me thinking this was some electric ep with all kinds of shit happening. I was kind of let down.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:57 PM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Guru:
Just finished ep 10. You guys had me thinking this was some electric ep with all kinds of shit happening. I was kind of let down.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
RunKC 11:37 PM 02-19-2014
This show is the best on TV because the dialogue is pure gold. It's always fast paced. Always keeps you guessing and on your toes. Other shows on TV tend to get boring, but not this one.

They are all playing each other the whole time and that makes it even more awesome. Everything relationship is political.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:11 AM 02-20-2014
what an awkward 3 way.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 21
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up