ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 41
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 05-18-2012
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

[Reply]
007 03:40 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
lol Pretty funny Felicity says all kinds of sexual ****. didnt realize it was that much.haha

How could you NOT notice? She does that all the time and they make it very obvious what she is doing.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:06 PM 03-27-2014
I know she did it but to that point. It'salot
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:28 PM 03-27-2014
Ollie expanding the bat (arrow) family. I just realized that Diggle IS Alfred. He's Ollie's driver and brings him his uniform when he's away.. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:34 PM 03-31-2014
Here's your harley quinn, which we never really got to see:

[Reply]
frankotank 02:14 PM 03-31-2014
Yo Yo MA!
I haven't seen one episode of this show....but I'm looking for something to start watching and the wife mentioned this. didn't want to read everything due to spoilage.
is this a good show?
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:31 PM 03-31-2014
You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:40 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
You'll get a variety of answers to that. I think it's pretty good, myself. Perhaps the best live action comic book series to date.
cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.
[Reply]
NewChief 03:35 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
cool. high praise. season 1 on netflix so....

there was a time long ago I kept up with smallville and thought it was pretty cool...but then I missed a couple seasons and just gave up.
I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Glad to see Keg continues to be positive.
[Reply]
007 08:01 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'm about halfway through the first season, and it's very enjoyable. I wish I wasn't simultaneously reading this thread (I'm horrible about doing this), because the negativity on here is somewhat dampening my enthusiasm for continuing the show.

Ignore the haters. This is absolutely one of my favorites.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:26 PM 03-31-2014
Originally Posted by NewChief:

hey, it's entertaining don't let comic book snobs ruin it for you
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:04 AM 04-01-2014
This show rocks! i love it! i got my neighbor and her daughters into it and now they are hounding me to watch season 2, since i have them on dvr still. lol

Also, im sure we will get to see Harley Quinn in this show. I read somewhere, that we will get alot more suicide squad episodes and well, she's part of the suicide squad.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:35 AM 04-01-2014
I like how someone put it earlier, the "CW Drama". I didn't know how else to explain it, but yeah, that's pretty much much my problem with it. Overly dark (set), overly brooding, overly emo. Season 1 had potential, but it's just gone all too tight jean on me.

I guess I like the Disney princess vibe better. :-)

I really tried to like it. It does have hot chicks, so that's a plus. I finally gave up a couple of months ago. I am glad it's popular though, so maybe they'll make more comic book shows.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:02 AM 04-01-2014
It is dark, with most of the action occurring at night, and he is involved with a variety of the female characters, but I don't really see any of it as "broody" or "emo". I think the relationships are handled in a fairly mature/adult way, as opposed to the teen angst that (I assume, since I've never watched) you would see on shows like Vampire Diaries. It's certainly not Smallville in that regard.

There is the struggle with killing after Tommy died, but I think that's an integral part of the development of the character, and the struggle with darkness/evil within that's been a core element of the show since the beginning.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:18 AM 04-01-2014
You don't think Ollie is broody? Wow. That's like his schtick as I see it. The whole show is about him and his ability to handle/hide his emotions. All his friends treat the guy with kid gloves in case he explodes in a tortured and painful release of emotions. Every episode felt like I was just waiting for the moment he would break into tears, drop to his knees, and howl into the wind at the futility of it all. Ugh.

After Captain Jack took off, I was left with hoping Dresden could revive things with just some plain old rage vengeance, but instead got an alcoholic Laurel.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:27 AM 04-01-2014
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 13 of 41
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up