ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 41
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>The CW: New Green Arrow TV Show ( with new actor)
Tribal Warfare 04:10 PM 05-18-2012
The series, which will air on Wednesdays at 8:00-9:00 p.m., stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Katie Cassidy as Laurel Lance, David Ramsey as John Diggle, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

[Reply]
Silock 02:03 PM 03-20-2014
Last night's episode was awful.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:37 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
It's alright. I’ve been recording and watch every episode, sometimes the drama gets tedious but the action is OK.
I don’t get much of the conversation on this topic though because I have picked up very few comics in my life.

First thing i understand with a tv show is, what are the producers going with it. I know its never going to be an award winner, its based off a comic book. Its going to be a little cheesy and unbelievable. Once i get that through my thick head, i can enjoy it. The "drama" part doesnt bother me as my neighbor and her daughters made me get over that shit a long time ago. Plus, i understand they need that shit for the female audience as well.

Then again i do this for alot of tv shows and it allows me to enjoy them. If i want my super serious award writing/acting shows, i know where to watch those too.

I loved the fact we got a little Harley Quinn part (same chick that does the the Batman Video games). We got a quick introduction to who the flash is (previous Episodes). Then did the Suicide Squad was a cool touch then at the end of yesterdays Episode we got Deathstroke in his full gear (yeah we know who he is already, still awesome).

This is by far the best Comic adapted show and i dont think its even close after Arrow.

P.S Felicity Smoak is fucking beautiful. lol
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:45 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
Last night's episode was awful.
Hell no, it was cool Suicide Squad complete with Harley Quinn (used the voice that does the arkham video games)bad ass. We got Deathstroke thats going to be the main bad guy for the end of the season run.

It was pretty badass for me. *shrug*
[Reply]
Silock 02:52 PM 03-20-2014
The SS didn't really do anything. Quinn's cameo was all of 2 seconds and Deathstrokes reveal wasn't until the end. I was bored. Nothing really happened. Filler episode with a couple of introductions.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:11 PM 03-20-2014
Setup episode but I liked it. Good seeing some diggle flashbacks as a change-of-pace.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:15 PM 03-20-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
The SS didn't really do anything. Quinn's cameo was all of 2 seconds and Deathstrokes reveal wasn't until the end. I was bored. Nothing really happened. Filler episode with a couple of introductions.
This. The whole arc with Ollie was just awful. DURR I'M EMO OH WAIT NO I'M NOT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACHOTHER!! The whole Diggle/Suicide Squad.. pointless. Just spinning the tires.

The whole season is based on Ollie's decision to step in front of Sarah instead of Shadow and then Slade blaming Ollie for Shadow's death. Doesn't even make sense but then they have the "well.. mirakuru makes you go crazy so it doesn't have to make sense" argument to fall back on but it's still a pretty weak foundation.. but then again the whole Slade/Shadow shipper thing didn't EVER translate to anything to begin with so even the basic premise doesn't even hold :-)
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:51 PM 03-20-2014
The Suicide Squad part was not useless at all. It shows a way to bring the Suicide Squad together for future episodes even the voice over cameo for Harley Quinn, they set it up perfect for the future. they introduce Wendell (think that was her name) lol. Im not to familiar with the DC Universe but from reviews and other forums i visit this was what i gathered.
[Reply]
007 09:51 PM 03-20-2014
For the most part it was a throwaway episode but I liked getting a little more background on Diggle. I'm not disappointed in this season in the least.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:14 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja:
The "drama" part doesnt bother me as my neighbor and her daughters made me get over that shit a long time ago.
:-) :-)

I loved the fact we got a little Harley Quinn part (same chick that does the the Batman Video games). We got a quick introduction to who the flash is (previous Episodes). Then did the Suicide Squad was a cool touch then at the end of yesterdays Episode we got Deathstroke in his full gear (yeah we know who he is already, still awesome).
See, this is what I’m talking about. I don’t know who any of these people are.
Only reason I understand the Flash bit is because I asked about it here, and got a rather sarcastic, dismissive answer so I quit trying to discuss the show.

P.S Felicity Smoak is ****ing beautiful. lol
Got that right. :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:16 AM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
This. The whole arc with Ollie was just awful. DURR I'M EMO OH WAIT NO I'M NOT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACHOTHER!! The whole Diggle/Suicide Squad.. pointless. Just spinning the tires.

The whole season is based on Ollie's decision to step in front of Sarah instead of Shadow and then Slade blaming Ollie for Shadow's death. Doesn't even make sense but then they have the "well.. mirakuru makes you go crazy so it doesn't have to make sense" argument to fall back on but it's still a pretty weak foundation.. but then again the whole Slade/Shadow shipper thing didn't EVER translate to anything to begin with so even the basic premise doesn't even hold :-)
Pretty much agree with most of that, but kinda dug the suicide squad bit. Probably because I used to read the Suicide Squad Comic back in the 80s. Also a big fan of Deathstroke, but could do with less emo angst and more kickass.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:27 PM 03-21-2014
From what i been able to gather and reading various blogs/forums/videoblogs we are going to get alot more suicide squad coming either this year or early next year and they will more then likely include Harley Quinn. I love that because for 1, she's gonna be hot and batshit insane.

The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.

[Reply]
kcxiv 02:51 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:

See, this is what I’m talking about. I don’t know who any of these people are.
Only reason I understand the Flash bit is because I asked about it here, and got a rather sarcastic, dismissive answer so I quit trying to discuss the show.

im going to try to explain all that as it happens in future episodes. Im learning the DC universe as the episodes go on. I do a bit of digging for info on why these people are even on the show. For me a great start was a thread on neogaf.com its got like 200 pages for season 2 alot of them dudes explain stuff. I found the youtube link of a guy explaining things as well on there. It really is a comic nerds orgasm watching this stuff unfold.

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showthread.php?t=692533

That link is the neogaf thread. IT helps alot
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:38 PM 03-21-2014
I'm no comic book guy, but I have watched tons and tons of dc animated stuff going back to the early 90s. Probably part of the reason I like this show.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 07:34 PM 03-21-2014
The comicbook crowd is absolutely going nuts over this show.
Yes. Nuts that it's a really horrendous depiction of Green Arrow and the DCU.
[Reply]
kcxiv 08:11 PM 03-21-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
Yes. Nuts that it's a really horrendous depiction of Green Arrow and the DCU.
from each their own, but from what i have seen starting with thethread i posted, its overall a big positive reaction. If you dont like it, then well, thats your problem i guess. Im enjuoying it. lol
[Reply]
Page 11 of 41
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up