ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Kevin Hart Steps Down From Hosting Oscars Following Backlash Over Past Anti-Gay Tweet
BigRichard 07:37 AM 12-07-2018
JFC, when will this shit stop?
Originally Posted by :

Just two days after being named host of the Academy Awards, Kevin Hart stepped down following an outcry over past homophobic tweets by the comedian.

Capping a swift and dramatic fallout, Hart wrote on Twitter just after midnight Friday that he was withdrawing as Oscars host because he didn't want to be a distraction. "I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past," wrote Hart.

Hart stepped aside just about an hour after refusing to apologize for tweets that resurfaced after he was announced as Oscars host on Tuesday. In a video on Instagram, Hart said the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences gave him an ultimatum: apologize or "we're going to have to move on and find another host."

"I chose to pass on the apology," Hart said. "The reason why I passed is because I've addressed this several times."

The film academy didn't respond to messages Thursday evening.

Hart has since deleted some of the anti-gay tweets, mostly dated from 2009-2011. But they had already been screen-captured and been shared online. In 2011, he wrote in a since-deleted tweet: "Yo if my son comes home & try's 2 play with my daughters doll house I'm going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice 'stop that's gay."

In an earlier post Thursday, Hart wrote on Instagram that critics should "stop being negative" about his earlier anti-gay remarks.

Actor-Comedian Kevin Hart Will Host 2019 Oscars
"I'm almost 40 years old. If you don't believe that people change, grow, evolve? I don't know what to tell you," said Hart, who added, in all-caps: "I love everybody."

Hart's attitudes about homosexuality were also a well-known part of his stand-up act. In the 2010 special "Seriously Funny," he said "one of my biggest fears is my son growing up and being gay."

"Keep in mind, I'm not homophobic, I have nothing against gay people, do what you want to do, but me, being a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will," Hart said.

GLAAD, the advocacy group for LGBTQ rights, said Thursday that it reached out to Oscars broadcaster ABC, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences and Hart's management to "discuss Kevin's anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and record."

Comedian and actor Billy Eichner said "a simple, authentic apology showing any bit of understanding or remorse would have been so simple."

It's not the first time an Oscars host has been derailed by anti-gay remarks. Ahead of the 2012 Academy Awards, producer Brett Ratner, who had been paired with host Eddie Murphy, resigned days after using a gay slur at a film screening. Murphy soon after exited, as well.

That year, a tried-and-true Oscars veteran Billy Crystal jumped in to save the show, hosting for his eighth time. This time, speculation has already been rampant that few in Hollywood want the gig, for which few win glowing reviews.

The film academy moved up this year's ceremony to Feb. 24, giving producers little time to find a replacement.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/ente...502127741.html

[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:09 AM 12-11-2018
the outrage around comedy is finally dying down. it appears that the opposite is happening because of how outrage gets amplified and propagated by social media.

from 2015

honestly all this outrage got started when Joe Rogan accused Carlos Mencia of stealing material. that was the first time I saw people mobbing up on social media and harassing a target along with the fans of the target.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:10 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Progressives. Where you can change your gender but not your views.
Well played, Vail! :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:53 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
At some point, there has to be blowback against these sjw takedowns, right?

I just can't see society not getting to the point where it doesn't say "**** off, it's not against the law to be offended "
The SJWs (whatever their form) have been winning since the 80's. How much longer do you figure it to be before the rest of the country grows a spine?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:55 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
all this outrage got started when Joe Rogan accused Carlos Mencia of stealing material.
Ironically, stealing from Bill Cosby primarily.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:01 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by :
A student club at the University of London is requiring that all comedians sign a "behavioral agreement" as a condition of performing at a January comedy night.

According to emails reviewed by PJ Media, the UNICEF on Campus chapter at the University of London sent five local comedians — including Russian-born free speech advocate Konstantin Kisin — a request to perform.

"Attached is a short behavioural agreement form that we will ask for you to sign on the day to avoid problems," wrote Fisayo Eniolorunda, the club’s event organizer, in an email to Kisin and four other comedians sent Sunday.

"This comedy night… aims to provide a safe space for everyone to share and listen to Comedy," states the behavioral agreement form. "This contract has been written to ensure an environment where joy, love, and acceptance are reciprocated by all."

"By signing this contract, you are agreeing to our no tolerance policy with regards to racism, sexism, classism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, biphobia, transphobia, xenophobia, Islamophobia or anti-religion or anti-atheism."

"All topics must be presented in a way that is respectful and kind. It does not mean that these topics can not be discussed. But, it must be done in a respectful and non-abusive way," the agreement added....
https://pjmedia.com/trending/student...charity-event/
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up