ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Rex Tillerson makes rare public appearance in Houston
Donger 11:26 AM 12-07-2018
https://www.chron.com/business/artic...n-13448868.php

Russia interfered with the 2016 U.S. elections, former Secretary of State and Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson said during a Thursday evening visit to Houston.

Making his first public appearance in nearly nine months, Tillerson spoke at a fundraiser for the MD Anderson Cancer Center, where he participated in a conversation with CBS News veteran Bob Schieffer.
Recommended Video

When asked if he believes that Russia interfered in the presidential elections, Tillerson replied “there's no question” and that it was well-documented by intelligence agencies.

“What Russia wants to do is undermine our confidence and undermine the world’s confidence in us,” Tillerson said.

Describing Russian President Vladimir Putin as a “very calculating” and “very opportunistic” leader, Tillerson said Putin’s strategy is to undermine the U.S. influence around the globe.

“Many people talk about playing chess. He plays three-dimensional chess,” Tillerson said.

A native of Wichita Falls, Tillerson earned a civil engineering degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1975 just before joining Exxon as a production engineer. Tillerson rose through the ranks and become CEO of Exxon Mobil in January 2006.

Tillerson is not likely to return to the oil and gas industry. Under an exit deal with Exxon Mobil to become secretary of state, Tillerson received an estimated $180 million. He would have to forfeit that money, however, if he returns to the industry before January 2027.

Shortly after leaving the State Department, the University of Texas Board of Regents approached Tillerson about becoming UT System chancellor. The details of those discussions were not made public, but City University of New York Chancellor James Milliken was appointed to the post in August.

When asked about his federal service, Tillerson told the crowd Thursday that he had never actually met Trump until he was invited by Vice President Mike Pence to a meeting that ended with him being asked to become secretary of state.

The honeymoon didn't last long, Tillerson said. The relationship between him and Trump became strained after the president grew tired of the former Exxon Mobil CEO telling him that he could not do things the way he wanted.

Tillerson said the two had starkly different styles and did not share a common value system.

"So often, the president would say here's what I want to do and here's how I want to do it and I would have to say to him, Mr. President I understand what you want to do but you can't do it that way. It violates the law," Tillerson said.

Trump would get very frustrated when they would have those conversations, he said.

"I'd say here's what we can do," Tillerson said. "We can go back to Congress and get this law changed. And if that's what you want to do, there's nothing wrong with that. I told him I'm ready to go up there and fight the fight, if that's what you want to do."

Tillerson said Trump rose to power by tapping into something that the American people felt very strong about and using the tools of the day such as Twitter to do it.

"I will be honest with you, it troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues, that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson told Schieffer.

Tillerson voiced those concerns even further in his conversation.

"I don't want that to come across as a criticism of him," Tillerson said. "It's really a concern that I have about us as Americans and us as a society and us as citizens"

The event also included a tribute to late President George H.W. Bush, who was laid to rest in College Station earlier in the day.

"George Herbert Walker Bush was in many ways the founder of the 21st-century." Tillerson said. "So many of the events that were under his watch, like the peaceful dissolution of the Cold War, really set the stage for this century that we now live in. Some for the good and some issues that are still playing out."
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:16 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by bsp4444:
My god you are mental.
Thank you for conceding the argument to me with your projection. I love winning when someone can't refute an argument.

Originally Posted by :
Done more than his two predecessors...are you kidding me?
Yes he has. Perhaps you should check your facts instead of reading the Lying Scum Media. There's a long list published somewhere...and I'll go find it.

It's been some of his chief campaign promises like the Wall, having Mexico pay for it, better relations with Russia, and getting out of Syria, Afghanistan or working with the Iran deal but inspect, inspect, inspect. ( aka a more peaceful FP)

But there are two more years and I am hearing we're getting out of Afghanistan and there are back-channels to Russia. If that happens I will vote for him again—if not it's doubtful.
[Reply]
Donger 07:20 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
It's been some of his chief campaign promises like the Wall, having Mexico pay for it, better relations with Russia, and getting out of Syria, Afghanistan or working with the Iran deal but inspect, inspect, inspect. ( aka a more peaceful FP)
Are you touting those as examples of what he has accomplished?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:27 AM 12-08-2018
For the asshole, bsp4444:
Trump’s list: 289 accomplishments in just 20 months, ‘relentless’ promise-keeping

Sidebars shows: 81 major accomplishments and 11 Obama legacy repeals in his first year. [I'll bet you don't like the latter.]

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping
Dr. Gorka on Conservative News saying in the WH Trump was the lone voice for winding down in Afghanistan whereas Mattis and McMaster wanted to double-down and drastically increase troops. He talks FP Realist camp—not isolationist camp and not overly-interventionist camp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wnrdfUbTI0
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:50 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Just a question for BEP and the rest of those that still support Trump:

If he's doing a good job, why are so many of his former aides blasting him?

If he's doing such a good job, why does he keep hiring people that he ends up blasting later? At some point, wouldn't a competent executive be able to hire people that he doesn't end up excoriating months down the line?
I'm convinced that a lot of these former aides will be regarded highly by history for the heroic babysitting campaign that kept us out of any really big trouble internationally, if our luck holds.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:04 AM 12-08-2018

If he's doing such a good job, why does he keep hiring people that he ends up blasting later? At some point, wouldn't a competent executive be able to hire people that he doesn't end up excoriating months down the line?

No clue what BEP will say.

Trump gets blasted from his critics mostly on style. ProgressiveDemocrats hold such seething hate for him they use his style, or lack thereof, as a cudgel. Trump has no interest in adopting a tone or tenor that would please the left. And in fact, nothing he can do will would would calm the haters.

On matters of substance, the left does not engage. There is no doubt through his time in office he has been transformative in the areas of regulation and bureaucratic meddling. Being that much of his efforts have focused on and directly impacted liberal bastions like the EPA and Commerce, his accomplishments serve as fuel the left uses to attack style, not substance.

His former aids do blast him, again mostly on his inability to or unwillingness to listen to others. That is very likely well placed feedback on Trump and his style. I would bet he is nearly impossible to work for. He is impetuous, spoiled, and has a nasty streak everyone sees. He wont hide his feelings behind a curtain of political correctness and I don't think he even cares that often his approaches are self destructive.

For many who voted for him, he is doing a good job facing the issues he ran on and was elected to do. Is he doing the job well? No, but he wasn't elected to be smooth and velvet tongued. He was elected out of frustration with what people saw as a government out of control run by people who voters do not like and do not trust. We may not like him for his style but we also don't have to wonder what he is really up to, his honesty is pretty clear. That is the point of division between Trump and the old Obama/Clinton side. Obama and Clinton were untrustworthy and did their damage hidden from sight. We see everything Trump does, warts and all.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:23 AM 12-08-2018
Where did I say I "still support" Trump?

I have posted, more than once, that I am OFF the Trump wagon because of his FP and now the replacement for NAFTA.

This does not mean I accept the juvenalia of the left and the attacks on him, which I don't. It does not mean, I don't think he hasn't done some good things either. ( particularly in his first year ). I just know what issues I voted on when voting for him.

Now if this changes...I will be back on the Trump wagon.

Originally Posted by :
If'n you paid attention to what I have posted such as saying Trump has surrounded himself with people who do NOT support what he ran on; that they are Establishment figures, globalist and/or NeoCons, that he is lied to by them. I have posted that personnel is policy.

This has been one of my main complaints if you bothered to read the thread on what his supporters criticize about Trump. This is where I have said he has mainly screwed up. You're thinking B & W.

Originally Posted by :
Your questions would be answered by reading my posts over the past two years instead of expecting someone to write a long re-post.

I have not supported Trump wholesale and again and have posted I've been off the Trump wagon because of his FP. I have done a fair amount of criticizing him. That doesn't mean I don't think he has done some good things because imo he has and has done more than his predecessors.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:52 AM 12-08-2018

Look at the players who leave Nick Sabans program. Look at all the people who blast him publicly. He must be doing a poor job.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:53 AM 12-08-2018
Don't forget men/women who have challenged their own Establishments throughout history get attacked, especially if they move large numbers of people. They are considered a threat.

Like Jesus, who got up on a big rock drawing large crowds where he told them what they had to do to earn the Kingdom of Heaven. (HCF ignores such messages despite his claim to follow Jesus.) So Jesus was a threat to his own Establishment...which were his own religious leaders. He was considered a subversive.

There is Gandhi. There are men like George Washington, Jefferson who were reviled by their Establishments ( British in these cases). Europe dissed the form of govt our Framers gave us. Today we have people trying to shove that same European mentality down our throats when we're a different people who left Europe for those reasons and/or for the conditions their policies created.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:15 PM 12-09-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Look at the players who leave Nick Sabans program. Look at all the people who blast him publicly. He must be doing a poor job.
Yeah, great analogy. Because when Saban's DC leaves, the linebackers coach would turn down the promotion.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 07:39 PM 12-09-2018

Come on, man...he ONLY hires the BEST and the "brightest"....he's told us that so, so many times....right???

:-)

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Holy shit...you are dumb. Dumb, DUMB, DUMB.... :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:15 AM 12-10-2018
Let's not forget EXXON is Standard Oil and Standard Oil is Rockefeller. That's all one needs to know about Tillerson—the Globalist recommended by Iraq war architect and Neo Con—Condi Rice.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:21 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Come on, man...he ONLY hires the BEST and the "brightest"....he's told us that so, so many times....right???
I don't think that's what Trump meant by the "best" or "brightest" despite his punch back at Tillerson. Some of the people who have left aren't dumb, uneducated or inexperienced —they're just NOT on board with the Trump agenda. Tillerson is a good example of that besides their management style's clashing. They have experience and Trump values experience but they're just not on board with his agenda. They don't want to implement it. So they look stupid to him.

Take Pompeo—very smart graduated at the top of his class at West Point. But he's a hawk.

Bolton—not dumb but he's evil and a hawk.

I could go on and on. But Trump has to be fed names being an outsider more than not, and so he gets names from the very people he ran against, who's past programs he ran against—even reviled publicly. They aren't there to help him but are surrounding him deliberately to block his agenda.

All he can do, is post them to a position, see what they do to learn about them. So he gives them enough rope to hang themselves. When their true colors show they get the heave-ho. That's how I see it. That and he appears to be broken by the MIC/Security complex by surrounding himself with them.

Plus he ran in the Republican party, govt doesn't exactly get the best despite experience, and a lot more evil gets attracted to govt positions.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up