ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>WFB: Dickís Sporting Goods Says Gun Stance Hurt Business, May Close Field & Stream
Just Passin' By 11:37 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by :
Dick's Sporting Goods told investors during the Goldman Sachs Retailing Conference that its gun-control stance hurt sales of its hunting business, outdoors business, and that it may close its outdoor-focused Field & Stream stores...
https://freebeacon.com/issues/dicks-...-field-stream/
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:01 PM 12-07-2018
Dicks is where the gay outdoorsman shop.
Least here in Omaha.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:11 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I agree with where you are going here. But I would point out that I don't think the GOP acknowledges what they are doing hurts their base (customers if you will), It absolutely does, but they don't acknowledge it.
I'd largely agree with that. They think they are helping.... that they know best.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 01:39 PM 12-07-2018
Get woke

Go Broke
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:58 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I havenít so much as purchased socks at the local one here.
I drove through the parking lot of one, during the summer, on the way to another store. That's as close as I expect to ever get to shopping there, until the going out of business sale.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:24 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
How is that any diff from the GOP on immigration? They come out in favor of amnesty and no wall.....despite it being the top concern of 41% of their own midterm voters.

GOP = Dicks sporting goods

I don't know, you're a Republican that voted for Trump, aren't you?
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:26 PM 12-07-2018
This is kinda interesting

It's a rare business that attacks it's own customer base, acknowledges it hurt sales, then says they don't regret it.

I guess kudos to 'em :-)
Its one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard

Worst business model ever...
[Reply]
Bump 06:28 PM 12-07-2018
you mean the libs that never worked out or did any type of sport related activities in their lives didn't flock to the store to support Dicks for their virtue signaling? What a shame, probably hard to afford anything there on their barista wages.
[Reply]
srvy 07:48 PM 12-07-2018
When Dick's first came onto the scene in KC I stopped in to check it out and the hunting and fishing camping area that I had any interested in looked like a glorified Walmart with inflated prices. I lit outta there drove to Liberty Mo and went to my favorite place Rodgers Sporting Goods and havn't looked back.

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:36 PM 12-07-2018
:-). Awesome.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 02:35 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard

Worst business model ever...
Yea, it's right up there with trying to sell ice to Eskimo's.

Me and a buddy several years ago were drinking beer and shooting the shit about how to invent something and become rich. Different nonsense idea's were thrown around.

He suggested disposable pots (like cooking pots) made of cardboard. Use once, and you don't even need to throw away!! Saving the Earth and stuff.

If memory serves, my best idea was 55 gallon barrels of dehydrated water. During an emergency, you could have 55 gallon of water in an instant by just adding water!! It was BRILLIANT I say!! :-)

Another idea that came out of this brain session was that during NASCAR races, they should randomly release deer. Make racing more challenging. Anybody can draft at 190 MPH, BUT, can they do it with Bambi running around the track :-)

Humor aside, any of these ideas are as just about as good as kicking your target audience in the nuts and asking them to please come again :-)
[Reply]
KILLER_CLOWN 02:38 AM 12-08-2018
Yea, it's right up there with trying to sell ice to Eskimo's.

Me and a buddy several years ago were drinking beer and shooting the shit about how to invent something and become rich. Different nonsense idea's were thrown around.

He suggested disposable pots (like cooking pots) made of cardboard. Use once, and you don't even need to throw away!! Saving the Earth and stuff.

If memory serves, my best idea was 55 gallon barrels of dehydrated water. During an emergency, you could have 55 gallon of water in an instant by just adding water!! It was BRILLIANT I say!! :-)

Another idea that came out of this brain session was that during NASCAR races, they should randomly release deer. Make racing more challenging. Anybody can draft at 190 MPH, BUT, can they do it with Bambi running around the track :-)

Humor aside, any of these ideas are as just about as good as kicking your target audience in the nuts and asking them to please come again :-)
I like the idea of Cops chasing racers around the track handing out speeding tickets or swatting them.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:46 AM 12-08-2018
Their stock prices are up 6 bucks this year.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:02 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
Their stock prices are up 6 bucks this year.
Buy in man! There is your get rich quick plan :-)
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:25 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
I havenít so much as purchased socks at the local one here.

I haven't stepped foot in a Dicks for the last 15-18 years. Damned sure will never step foot in one, either.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up