ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>North Carolina hit with subpoena for millions of voter records by federal officials i
vailpass 01:05 PM 09-06-2018
North Carolina hit with subpoena for millions of voter records by federal officials investigating fraud

Federal immigration officials have subpoenaed more than 20 million documents related to voter records in North Carolina as part of an investigation into alleged fraud.

The official request is “the most exhaustive on record” for election officials, North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement (NCSBE) attorney Josh Lawson said to the assistant U.S. attorney named on the subpoena in an email, which was provided to Fox News.

The request comes just weeks after Justice Department officials charged 19 foreign nationals with illegal voting in North Carolina in the 2016 election. The cases are also being investigated by the Immigration and Custom Enforcements (ICE) agency.

The defendants – from numerous countries, including Mexico, the Dominican Republic, Nigeria and Germany – were accused of filing a false claim of citizenship in order to vote or illegal voting.

The subpoena request, which state officials say impedes their efforts to get ready for November elections, asks for more than 15 million documents in North Carolina’s voter registration database as well as more than 5.6 million individual ballots from 44 counties, according to data provided to Fox News by the NCSBE.

Specifically, the subpoena requests of the counties: “Any and all poll books, e-poll books, voting records, and/or voter authorization documents, and executive official ballots (including absentee official ballots), that were submitted to, filed by, received by, and/or maintained by the [specific county's board of elections] from August 30, 2013 through August 30, 2018.”

And of the state board of elections: “Any and all voter registration applications and/or other documents, as identified below, that were submitted to, filed by, received by, or maintained by the North Carolina State Board of Elections from January 1, 2010 through August 30, 2018, within any of the counties in North Carolina.”

The state has a deadline of Sept. 25 to comply with the subpoena request, although Assistant U.S. Attorney Sebastian Kielmanovich indicated county board officials could apply for an extension.

“We are deeply concerned by the administrative drain on county boards of elections in order to comply with the extensive subpoenas immediately prior to a federal election, including the necessary reproduction of millions of documents (all ballots, etc.),” Lawson said in his letter.

“Responding to the subpoena will impose an unreasonable burden upon the staff of each county subpoenaed, and it is difficult to believe that it will be possible to review the vast quantity of requested materials before the general election,” Wake County Commissioner John D. Burns said in a letter to U.S. Attorney Robert Higdon.

Higdon resides over the 44 counties specifically targeted in the subpoena, according to WRAL-TV. A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina declined to comment on the subpoenas to Fox News on Thursday.

Wake County Board of Elections Vice Chairman Greg Flynn told WRAL: “I don’t even know if they have the manpower to process all that. It’s just so broad, and the number of documents you’re talking about is just phenomenal.”

Burns also said the investigation “risks being viewed by the public as a partisan effort to interfere with the vote” in the upcoming general election.

There has been an intense debate in the country – particularly in North Carolina – over voter fraud and efforts by Republican lawmakers to impose stricter voter ID requirements. President Trump, too, has long claimed widespread voter fraud took place in the 2016 election, an assertion that has not been substantiated. But Democrats have argued voting fraud is not a widespread problem.

Trump launched a voter fraud commission in his first year in office, but it disbanded after facing multiple legal challenges as it attempted a widespread collection of data.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ing-fraud.html
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:20 AM 12-04-2018

Shoutout to the Charlotte Observer for getting on top and staying on top of the vote fraud scandal swirling around Republican House candidate Mark Harris. Local news matters. https://t.co/LtlBjoNamh

— (((JonathanWeisman))) (@jonathanweisman) December 3, 2018

Originally Posted by :
A man who worked as an “independent contractor” for Republican Mark Harris’ campaign in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District is a convicted felon who faced jail time for fraud and perjury, according to court records.

Over the last two decades, he has been paid by at least nine candidates, all for get-out-the-vote work, according to state records.

Leslie McCrae Dowless was convicted of felony fraud in 1992 in Iredell County, according to court records. Dowless and his wife were accused of taking out an insurance policy on a dead man and collecting nearly $165,000 from his death, according to a 1991 Fayetteville Observer article. He served more than six months of a two-year prison sentence, according to court records.

Dowless, now 62, was convicted of felony perjury in 1990, according to court records
Originally Posted by :
In the primary, Harris won 437 absentee votes in Bladen to just 17 for Pittenger. In the general election, Harris won 420 absentee votes to McCready’s 258 in the county. The number of mail-in absentee ballots was higher in Bladen County than in more populous neighboring counties Robeson and Cumberland.

In the 2016 congressional primary, Dowless worked for Todd Johnson. Johnson got 221 absentee votes to 4 for Harris and 1 for Pittenger. In the district as a whole, Johnson finished third.
It's strange that right-wing media would be so silent on this. I know that voting integrity is such a massively important issue to them. Real conundrum.

Wait. I'm being told they still don't care about absentee ballots. Only in-person voter fraud. Which doesn't exist. Interesting.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:35 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Yes. Honor your bet Suzzzzzer
Fuck off Suzzer

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/polit...-campaigns-and
[Reply]
Shields68 10:03 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

It's strange that right-wing media would be so silent on this. I know that voting integrity is such a massively important issue to them. Real conundrum.

Wait. I'm being told they still don't care about absentee ballots. Only in-person voter fraud. Which doesn't exist. Interesting.
Guess not sure who is silent. Foxnews ran an article.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clo...al-voter-fraud

North Carolina scheduled a hearing and even 2 Republicans voted to have the hearing. I think most Republicans support that if it is shown fraud happened and could have changed the election to do something about it. But even if it can not be shown to effect the outcome, to tighten up the voting system to prevent fraud in the future.

So now were you in favor of the DOJ wanting the North Carolina voting records or should the DOJ be involved only when a Republican is involved? Though not sure why I would ask you, given you lack the personal integrity to even honor your bets.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 02:49 AM 12-07-2018
A former Marine concedes an election, then retracts his concession.

And a hick felon that has been running around the state for 2 decades on behalf of Republican 'get-out-the-vote' efforts. Harris hires this felon, who was under investigation for absentee ballot fraud, and actually recommends his services to others lol.

Originally Posted by :
In the 2016 congressional primary, Dowless worked for Todd Johnson. Johnson got 221 absentee votes to 4 for Harris and 1 for Pittenger. In the district as a whole, Johnson finished third.
Vrs.

An effort to sift through 20 million subpoenaed documents to arrive at disposition of 19 charges.

19 needles in a haystack, vrs the scores of fraudulent votes manufactured for a Republican candidate, highlighted in the above quote.

preponderance of impropriety in this case... Republicanoids.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 03:05 AM 12-07-2018
This dirtbag hick has been a cog in the Republican machine, spanning at least 9 candidates and several election cycles. Just entrenched fraud.

Gotta be proud, gents
[Reply]
Rivaldo 03:13 AM 12-07-2018
it's all good though, because if you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'

The stakes is high. I'm out. ABC ya. bye.
[Reply]
Scooter LaCanforno 05:15 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
Republicans know they don’t win elections unless they cheat, lie, steal or suppress.

When you are the minority and get out voted by NINE MILLION votes, you have to cheat.

Best bet is to stack the courts with judges while you can, that will back up the lying, cheating and stealing.

Can you say "Ninth Circuit"
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:57 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
it's all good though, because if you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'

The stakes is high. I'm out. ABC ya. bye.
This kind of irregularities happen frequently in Dem won race's, where are your posts about them? How about Dem attempts to disenfranchise military voters repeatedly over the years? Oh, it's your tribe, so it's ok? When you losers get as bent out of shape about your sides shenanigans as you do things like this, I'll take you seriously.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:59 AM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Your tribe rigged a primary so that the only candidate for president that Trump could beat won your nomination. You were silent about that, and its YOUR fault Trump is President.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up