ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Why is Robinson playing more than Hardman?
RunKC 05:12 PM 09-11-2020
Someone help me out here. Robinson has hands of stone. He dropped 3 passes by my count last night, including one that hit him right in the face mask.

Robinson played 33 snaps while Hardman played 20.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. Hardman is so much better
[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:40 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He dropped 2 and had one knocked out of his hands. The play in the end zone was a heater that Pat threw across his body. Not an easy catch.

Sammy Watkins has the same kind of issues from time to time. Robinson made a couple of nice grabs later in the game.

It was the first game of a season with no OTA's or preseason games.

I think the coaches know what they are doing.
^ The SB bling they're wearing makes it so.
[Reply]
bigjosh 05:41 PM 09-11-2020
The coaching staff has to see something robinson does well that hardman doesnt yet.

My guess would be that robinson is much tighter in his routes.

Hardman is exciting, but he isn’t polished. Remember how long it took tyreek to really turn it up as a receiver.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:41 PM 09-11-2020
Was thinking the same thing this morning. He's made a few really good catches but we need to upgrade from him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:41 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s all I can think of. Well that and the fact that Tyreek and Mecole are the same type of receiver in terms of strengths (speed) but naturally Tyreek is better so he’ll get those snaps first.

Nate Taylor said Andy was very vanilla compared to what he’s seen in practice so obviously the fireworks won’t come out until probably Baltimore.

It’s just a shame seeing Robinson over a better receiver, vanilla or not. Hardman is a much better receiver.
Robinson is a more physical blocker. And they wanted to run the ball last night.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:44 PM 09-11-2020
DRobb didn't really drop the first TD pass- he failed to secure it. The DB had his arm in there and made a nice play on the ball.

The second hit him in the hands. It was a beauty of a throw by Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:44 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
DRobb didn't really drop the first TD pass- he failed to secure it. The DB had his arm in there and made a nice play on the ball.

The second hit him in the hands. It was a beauty of a throw by Mahomes.
Yep.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:47 PM 09-11-2020
Two totally different receivers. Drob isn't great as 1 or a 2, but he is a great complement to our weapons. Reid has talked a lot about his ability to improv. Can't argue with results. He may have the dropsies but when we are at full force he always gets open.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:48 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Two totally different receivers. Drob isn't great as 1 or a 2, but he is a great complement to our weapons. Reid has talked a lot about his ability to improv. Can't argue with results. He may have the dropsies but when we are at full force he always gets open.
Other than Reek, he's by far the best WR on the team at ad libbing when Pat scrambles.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:49 PM 09-11-2020
I'm sure it will all play out in the course of the season I still have high hopes to see Hardman compliment Tyreek Hill as an unstoppable duo to reckon with.

Last night was all about the running game with CEH and Mahomes didn't target Tyreek but a few times. Obviously Texans didn't want to give up the big play so Andy had the perfect game plan.
[Reply]
Direckshun 05:50 PM 09-11-2020
Robinson is a more physical blocker. And they wanted to run the ball last night.
I think this is the most likely case.

That's the same thing going on with Gay/Niemann. The Chiefs are playing matchups right now and doing a whole bunch of 4D chess. They're trying to give Niemann some time in the base D, to see if he's worth keeping there; that blocks out Gay's chances in the near term. And right now they're playing Gay behind Wilson anyway.

In dime, Gay wasn't needed. His spot was next to Niemann, but the Chiefs played DOD there all game because he spies Watson really well -- it seems that the only reason we keep DOD on the 53 is because he spies Deshaun Watson once or twice a year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:51 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I would say it says something about the progression of Mecole.

It may also be that they thought they didn’t need him and we’re going to focus on establishing the run, in which case Robinson’s a pretty physical and reliable blocker.

And Reid shows NOTHING when he has a lead. When they were up 24-7 and the running game was working, he probably just too Hardman out of the game plan.
Like DJ said, they were going really vanilla and running the ball. Robinson is a better blocker, it makes sense.

Remember what Hardman did to the Ravens last year? Why show it now?
Bing
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:59 PM 09-11-2020
Not a Robinson fan. He's unreliable.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:01 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Blocking. Robinson is a really good blocker. Hardman not so much
yep

Did Robinson drop 2 or 3 touchdown passes last night?
[Reply]
JakeF 06:06 PM 09-11-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sorry, but this is just horseshit. Robinson has had 4 years to take over a starting position and he's fucked it up every time. When Robinson first got here our WR corp sucked and he couldn't takeover. When all the injury issues not Robinson still can't get it done.

I think Robinson has 1 good game last year and everyone started talking about what a stud he is. Then he disappeared. Robinson may have blocked well against the Texans but he dropped 2 touchdown passes and a 1st down pass which negates every fucking block he made all game long.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:11 PM 09-11-2020
He dropped 1 TD pass.

The other was a great play by the defender.

But by all means, bitch on.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 15
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up