ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Ebron released. Bring him in for a look?
wheeler08 06:57 AM 03-15-2018
He fits the Veech mold. Young and disappointing 1st round pick. I know I’ve drafted this guy in late rounds every year in fantasy football waiting for him to break out and it never happens. I don’t know if he realizes he’s a 2nd string TE now and should be paid accordingly.
Lord knows we need a backup TE since our backup TE is trying to convert to a WR in the county jail...
[Reply]
Mecca 07:46 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
You don't want Ebron then as he struggles with catch rate too
He's improved each year but yes he does drop balls. The thing with his is the athletic talent is off the charts he gets open a ton and causes lots of mismatches.

He's basically an oversized WR that is extremely hard to cover.
[Reply]
TEX 03-15-2018, 08:13 AM
This message has been deleted by TEX. Reason: Duplicate post
TEX 08:17 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
What I'm seeing here is...you'd bring him in for a look?
Not necessarily. I'd discuss a role for him via phone (TE-2) and if he was open to it, then I'd bring him in. If not, I'd pass b/c KC needs to spend $ on defense.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:41 AM 03-15-2018
Yes and then throw Harris under the jail
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:51 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
I’d rather draft Mike Gesicki
Hes a great receiving TE

Cant block for shit though.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:55 AM 03-15-2018
Ebron will get paid.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:10 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's improved each year but yes he does drop balls. The thing with his is the athletic talent is off the charts he gets open a ton and causes lots of mismatches.

He's basically an oversized WR that is extremely hard to cover.
I think we need a guy like this, but damn, we also need a good blocking TE on the roster too. Where is Jason Dunn when you need him!
[Reply]
Hoover 09:10 AM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Ebron will get paid.
And this.

TE market sucks. His agent has to be rejoicing that he was released
[Reply]
carcosa 09:16 AM 03-15-2018
yasssss kweem
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:44 AM 03-15-2018
Ebron sucks. But, a 2 yr incentive laden contract might make sense. Let’s keep going backward. Colquitt, DAT....
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:22 PM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by nychief:
One man’s trash is another man’s....trash. No thank you.
That is super naive, particularly when it comes to guys getting let go -- for one reason or another -- by the non-playoff teams who, generally, prove year after year how little they know about running an NFL team well.

Also, if I'm not mistaken this was simply the Lions not picking up his 5th year option rather than dumping him. That happens all the time and teams often regret it. And guess which ones do it most? The cheapass turds like Detroit who don't want to guarantee the $ for injury.

Ebron was a top 10 pick at TE less than 4 years ago. Sure he hasn't had a great career so far, but there's plenty of reasons to pickup a guy like that.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:24 PM 03-15-2018
Ebrons talent level is off the charts, trash is taking this shit way to far. In reality if you did sign him, your pass offense would be stupid ridiculous as he can get open against good coverage let alone bad coverage.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:54 PM 03-15-2018
and people think Harris has stone hands...

I've watched quite a few Lions games and as much as I've wanted to like Ebron, he seems to love to drop passes.
[Reply]
wheeler08 04:48 PM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
and people think Harris has stone hands...

I've watched quite a few Lions games and as much as I've wanted to like Ebron, he seems to love to drop passes.
I’ll have to admit I don’t think I’ve watched a single full Lions game
[Reply]
JakeF 07:42 PM 03-19-2018

The #Colts announced they signed TE Eric Ebron. It’s a 2-year deal that can get to $15M with incentives.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 20, 2018

[Reply]
rico 07:50 PM 03-19-2018
Originally Posted by NIUhuskies:
He'd get basically no targets in our offense behind Hill, Watkins and Kelce. He's not coming here, he think he's good enough to be a legit TE1 even though I'm not sure that is the case
Yeah, but the dude would have to be accounted for.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up