ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>The Santa Clarita Diet
Coochie liquor 10:40 PM 02-03-2017
So Netflix has had some pretty good series as of late. This one looks like something I can get into, and not just because I've always had a special spot in my lower abdominal area for Drew Barrymore. I also like horror/comedies and this also falls into that.

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:57 AM 02-04-2017
Came across this last night. I've finished 7 episodes so far. It's a great show.

It reminds me of Dexter with far more humor and a better supporting cast.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:41 PM 02-04-2017
Looks hilarious, adding to q!
[Reply]
In58men 04:03 PM 02-13-2017
Just finished the first episode and I like it. Pretty damn funny.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:49 PM 02-16-2017
I need to watch this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 01:47 PM 02-16-2017
Its dorky humor (think Kimmy Schmitt) but a cool premise and a lot of gore. I agree w what someone else posted earlier in this thread: Drew Berrymore looks terrible but maybe thats the look they're going for?

Bummed my guy, Nathan Fillion, was just a minor role.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:32 PM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i like how the waitress from its always sunny found another job, she's way hotter than i remember her previously :-)
If you like 'waitress' you might check 'The Grinder'

It was a network sitcom last year that was pretty darn good, but didn't find an audience.

Waitress [Mary Elizabeth Ellis] plays Fred Savage's wife. Rob Lowe is Savage's brother.

Fred's character is a dutiful family man lawyer, and Lowe's character is a pretty boy who plays a lawyer on TV [The Grinder]. Lowe comes back to the family business [William Devane is their dad/lawyer who started Fred's firm] when he loses his acting gig and the firm has money troubles, and he tries to apply his 'TV lawyering' skills to the actual practice of law.

It's a 'meta' satirical look at the intersection between professional practice and how it's portrayed on TV.

[Reply]
Nickhead 03:46 PM 02-16-2017
i feel like this is going to be six degrees of separation, but rob lowe.

did ya see you, me and the apocalypse? it as well had a good group of actors and was quite funny. only ran one season tho :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:37 PM 02-16-2017

did ya see you, me and the apocalypse? it as well had a good group of actors and was quite funny. only ran one season tho :-)

Saw the first half or so, just too slapdash. It resides in that corner of British humo[u]r I'm actually not that fond of, where everything is zany multiculti social message madcap satire. Modern Dr. Who seems to do it a bit from what I've scanned, as did Torchwood.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:47 PM 02-16-2017

I thought that show was terrible. I was out after 2 episodes.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:49 PM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I thought that show was terrible. I was out after 2 episodes.
and this is why no british or australian shows translate into american tv :-)
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:50 PM 02-16-2017
i would love to test some on here, their style of comedy. try and find the movie 'he died with a falafel in his hand' :-)

sorry to derail :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:13 PM 02-16-2017
My wife and I watched the first 2 eps of the show in the OP, it's definitely good enough to watch the rest. Very funny
[Reply]
In58men 12:24 AM 02-18-2017
Just finished the season and the season finale kinda sucked. We'll be definitely watching season 2.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:48 PM 02-18-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'll be checking this out. Olyphant is my guy.
Loved Justified. Whatever happened to that show?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:54 PM 02-18-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Loved Justified. Whatever happened to that show?
It ran its course and concluded.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up