ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Media Center>Loki Trailer
KC_Connection 08:31 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The cliffhanger didn't bother me, there was enough smoke around a season 2 that I was expecting a season finale rather than a series finale. And in that context I think it was well done. It wasn't a bullshit bait and switch cliffhanger, all the plot threads and character arcs we had been following through the season were paid off. It's just that the pay off set up more questions.
Agreed. For me, going into this episode, I mainly wanted a resolution of the Loki/Sylvie love story (which we effectively got in Sylvie’s emotional betrayal) and I wanted to know who was actually behind the TVA (which was answered in the first 5 minutes of the episode). Given what we knew going into it about the future MCU films, the explosion of the multiverse was coming and it was just the question of how we got to that point. A damaged Sylvie doing it at the manipulation of Kang/Immortus was an interesting way to accomplish it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:16 PM 07-14-2021

WARNING - SPOILERS BELOW:

The opening of #Loki's finale featured the voices of over a dozen #MCU heroes! Full list of characters & quotes: https://t.co/BRE1nVmYMY pic.twitter.com/B0ZfxkDz2l

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) July 15, 2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:17 PM 07-14-2021
Hunter K-5E
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 PM 07-14-2021
Loved the finale. I didn’t want to get my hopes up about Kang after Mephisto, so it was a pleasant surprise to get our first glimpse of Majors in the role (although he will obviously be a different varaint(s) going forward).

It was sad to see Loki get his heart broke, but I love where they’ve gone with the character, and I can’t wait to see his story continue.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:42 PM 07-14-2021

Tom Hiddleston reveals #Loki's secret villain reveal was shot during the final week of filming. https://t.co/2zWuJ3wCm3 pic.twitter.com/Pp0Xq4bVm0

— Screen Rant (@screenrant) July 15, 2021

[Reply]
RustShack 03:24 PM 07-15-2021
I have a lot of mixed feelings after watching the show and reading all of these responses.

I’m glad Loki S2 is confirmed. I was excited for another WandaVision after how it ended and was disappointed to hear there isn’t one. But I’m assuming she/they pop up again?

I didn’t think I’d like post End Game life(I haven’t read the comics), but damn they’ve been crushing it so far and there’s a lot of potential with how both Loki and WandaVision ended to go with the coming movies. Winter Soldier was meh to me. Solid watch but in my opinion nothing compared to these other two.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:59 AM 07-16-2021
I would guess since the TVA exists outside of time, the MCU time travel rules don't apply.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:51 AM 07-16-2021
I would guess since the TVA exists outside of time, the MCU time travel rules don't apply.
The timeline was shown as branching at the end though. That an MCU hallmark. The idea that nexus events create alternate universes rather than having one time stream that gets reshaped.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:57 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The timeline was shown as branching at the end though. That an MCU hallmark. The idea that nexus events create alternate universes rather than having one time stream that gets reshaped.
Right, but my understanding is that the TVA exists outside of that (or any) timestream, and is therefore not part of it.

This is verging on speculation on my part, but if the TVA really exists outside of time, then there wouldn't be real linear time there. There would be no before or after. The experience of linear time within the TVA would have to be artificial, or an illusion. And if there isn't really any before, you can change the past, because it's not really the past. Mobius did say time works differently in the TVA.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:23 AM 07-17-2021
Right, but my understanding is that the TVA exists outside of that (or any) timestream, and is therefore not part of it.

This is verging on speculation on my part, but if the TVA really exists outside of time, then there wouldn't be real linear time there. There would be no before or after. The experience of linear time within the TVA would have to be artificial, or an illusion. And if there isn't really any before, you can change the past, because it's not really the past. Mobius did say time works differently in the TVA.
OK, I get you. In the TVA there would be no branching but rather a more conventional timeline with malleable cause and effect.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:51 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Spoiler!
Also.....

Spoiler!
I feel there are infinite TVA's along with the infinite multiverses (or at least a set number of TVA's after the first multiversal war), and the job of the TVA is to keep new multiverses spawning out of "their" specific reality and not adding to the mix, whether they knew that was their job or not. Part of the cease fire agreement between the various Kang's, maybe?
https://youtu.be/d07-XCIpBVQ

BUT -

[Reply]
Valiant 09:53 PM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I think the rules apply. But the Tva zaps them to correct them and creates the variants.

The ending starts the multiverse war. I assume dr strange finds him in another universe and brings him back in spiderman or dr strange movie.

He comes into help later on.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:40 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I think the rules apply. But the Tva zaps them to correct them and creates the variants.

The ending starts the multiverse war. I assume dr strange finds him in another universe and brings him back in spiderman or dr strange movie.

IMO, that's why Spider-Man No Way Home will be a 2 part movie concluding with Sam Raimi's Dr Strange into the Multiverse.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:00 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:

He Who Remains said "See you again soon!" just before Sylvie killed him (which also makes me think he was lying when he said that he didn't know what comes next), so the universe, or multiverse, is on an infinite time loop.

I guess this time will be different...?
[Reply]
listopencil 04:19 AM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He Who Remains said "See you again soon!" just before Sylvie killed him (which also makes me think he was lying when he said that he didn't know what comes next), so the universe, or multiverse, is on an infinite time loop.

I guess this time will be different...?
I took that to mean that another version of Him would just take his place.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up