ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2181 of 3903
« First < 1181168120812131217121772178217921802181 218221832184218521912231228126813181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 11:25 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I probably wouldn't argue that on the surface but I know for a fact you didn't read one ****ing word of that pdf.
I did...
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:29 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Okay. So we’ll all anxiously await the RCT data that we’re all so familiar with then. Thank you almighty Hamas.

Just so you know most of those patients leaving whatever pharmacy you work at aren’t leaving because they’re trolls. They’re leaving because you’re an asshole and it’s likely not hard to find a pharmacist just as smart across town that will actually help them without trying to prove their intellectual superiority. Most pharmacists signed up to be helpful and give back to their community. It’s easy to spot the ones that just love to wear their white coats to feel superior. I unfortunately have to work with a few more asshole pharmacists like you than I’d like to.

I hope you’re at least giving legitimate info for Covid fatality rates in children to worried parents and not withholding that info from them just so that you can promote more social distancing. That’s all I was trying to say by bringing up that the flu is more deadly than the coronavirus in children. Most parents have a tendency to overreact when their children’s safety is involved so hopefully most parents are at least at ease more nowadays with the research we have in front of us and they aren’t overreacting thinking this is a danger to their kids.
IMVHO I would be cautious in stating any facts regarding children until we know more. We are seeing an uptick in inflammatory disease in children across the country and CDC issuing an emergency alert in regards to it all the while kids aren't back in school yet and locked down with their parents.

By fall we should really know and hopefully they will stay largely unaffected.

Just my non medical worthless .02 cents.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:30 AM 05-22-2020
If we want to talk about lockdowns, I think someone may have posted this already but...

REPORT: JP Morgan Finds Infection Rates Are Decreasing In States That Ended Lockdowns

https://dailycaller.com/2020/05/20/j...ded-lockdowns/
Social distancing /masks might be still in place and JP Morgan might be looking at lockdowns from a different perspective which is understandable.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:31 AM 05-22-2020
Talked to one of our security guards that has been working one of our drive up, testing tents. He said you would be surprised at how many times you hear the nurses say "this one is going to be a negative" 2 seconds after they pull the swab out of the nose. They can only push the swab in as far as the patient will let them and I guess a good chunk of those people just simply can't take it and tell them nurse to stop before the swab gets where it needs to go.

I am sure that lends itself to some of the false negatives we are always hearing about.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:32 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You asked me a question, I answered it. You said that you were familiar with the terms, then say you're a layperson. You ask me the same question, I answer it again. You conflate data of one subgroup with the whole, and act like that is what the entire public draws its information from, when such a claim is an anachronism. You ask me the question yet another time, and I answer it again.

Regarding the rest of your screed: I don't work in community, but while parents do tend to overreact, it's also not something where you should be spiking the football on given the inflammatory syndrome that is becoming more known.

I'm not going to apologize for losing patience with someone with such pitiful reading comprehension who plays dumb or smart depending upon how it suits their argument. You've either been willfully dishonest or flat out stupid during this entire exchange.
You’re just not telling us how long you think it will take to gather that RCT data and be sufficient enough to feel safe in knowing there has been enough research done. That’s all I’ve been trying to ask. I don’t know how your constant runaround answers are easier than just giving a best case timeline in your opinion. How long would that process take best case scenarios? How is that question so hard for you to comprehend?

I am thankful you aren’t having one on one consultations, though, that definitely worried me thinking of the poor old ladies you berated for not subscribing to the same medical magazines as you.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:34 AM 05-22-2020
Talked to one of our security guards that has been working one of our drive up, testing tents. He said you would be surprised at how many times you hear the nurses say "this one is going to be a negative" 2 seconds after they pull the swab out of the nose. They can only push the swab in as far as the patient will let them and I guess a good chunk of those people just simply can't take it and tell them nurse to stop before the swab gets where it needs to go.

I am sure that lends itself to some of the false negatives we are always hearing about.
I mentioned that early on a lot of neg tests would be due to the patients tolerance to the test as well as the person performing the test .
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:35 AM 05-22-2020

I have seen some videos of governors getting the test and it looks like they aren't going that high up. But that one video of the soldier getting the test posted here was ugh...

But yeah this was one of my main concerns in regards to the current test, either the test was shitty or the person giving\getting the test didn't administer it right.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:38 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I have seen some videos of governors getting the test and it looks like they aren't going that high up. But that one video of the soldier getting the test posted here was ugh...

But yeah this was one of my main concerns in regards to the current test, either the test was shitty or the person giving\getting the test didn't administer it right.
I am going to say it was the giver most likely listening to the getter. If someone says stop they pretty much have to stop I guess. Then again if you have someone that doesn't know how to do the swab as painless as possible then that could have something to do with it too.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:39 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I mentioned that early on a lot of neg tests would be due to the patients tolerance to the test as well as the person performing the test .
The Security Guard was saying it was about half the people there. Nurses would just shake their head saying "this will be a neg". I don't know if they could or should record that though. Just note the tester didn't feel the test was adequately applied or something like that.
[Reply]
wazu 11:41 AM 05-22-2020

My brother got tested in L.A. and it was just a cheek swab.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:42 AM 05-22-2020
I am going to say it was the giver most likely listening to the getter. If someone says stop they pretty much have to stop I guess. Then again if you have someone that doesn't know how to do the swab as painless as possible then that could have something to do with it too.

I have no doubt. Just the thought of that going up to my brain..:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:44 AM 05-22-2020
So the Imperial is now again suggesting we are about to have mass deaths with the reopening.

[Reply]
limested 11:44 AM 05-22-2020
In other words you didn't read a ****ing word of it. Maybe looked at the pretty pictures but most likely googled something, found this link and posted it.
You got me. I am unable to read. :-)
[Reply]
Monticore 11:44 AM 05-22-2020
To a certain extent if I think if it is beneficial for the patient I might push the limits a bit most people can tolerate more than they say . Anxiety / fear etc. You have to read the situation.

If you want a good swab look for the meanest nurse lol
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Looks like the Butthurt Inn and Suites is gonna be at full capacity this Memorial Day Weekend.
Looks like Hamas’s dick is at full capacity too...
[Reply]
Page 2181 of 3903
« First < 1181168120812131217121772178217921802181 218221832184218521912231228126813181 > Last »
Up