ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 1208
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352402802 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:27 PM 10-06-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I just like tacos.

A lot.

My wife has a bunch of family in town. The guys ask about tacos, I say we will roll to kc and I'll show you around.

No. They all wanted to go see osage beach.

I decide to go to work for a while and follow behind with my youngest, bubba. I've been wanting to try the street tacos at this spot across from the hospital. Well me and bubba are quite the taco eating team, he's almost 4, and we go order 6 before meeting the rest of them.

Pretty damn good. Lengua, al pastor, asada.

Go meet them and they are like "we wanna eat tacos"! I'm down, tell them I know a spot lol.

Nope they wanna go to Sergio's. They old lady at the wedding dress place recommended it.

It wasn't good, service sucked. I couldn't even eat their al pastor. The carnitas were ok, asada nothing to write home about.

And the rice?

They put mother ****ING PEAS. Again mother ****ING PEAS in the rice.

When we were done eating I had bubba throw a fit so we could conveniently head home. He's always good for that. He doesn't mind it if everyone thinks he's an asshole and we like running around and doing our own thing. Shopping? Not for us, we went backroading looking at cars and stuff.

but on the way through we stopped and grabbed a couple more from the first place. Bubba thought we were ****ing hilarious.
if you're ever in Cali.. get tacos in San Diego or Central cal. Life changing.
[Reply]
scho63 04:54 AM 10-07-2016
I live in a region with large pockets of Hispanics; Mexicans, El Salvadorians, Peruvians, Guatemalans, Bolivians, Argentinians, and then smaller groups of others.

The variety and quality of food is pretty damn impressive; Yucca and Chicharons, Peruvian Chicken, Tacos and Burritos and Mole, Pupusas, Brazilian Steak Houses and many more.

I know DC has tons of food trucks but I try my best to avoid DC during lunch time.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05:08 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
I live in a region with large pockets of Hispanics; Mexicans, El Salvadorians, Peruvians, Guatemalans, Bolivians, Argentinians, and then smaller groups of others.

The variety and quality of food is pretty damn impressive; Yucca and Chicharons, Peruvian Chicken, Tacos and Burritos and Mole, Pupusas, Brazilian Steak Houses and many more.

I know DC has tons of food trucks but I try my best to avoid DC during lunch time.
you could have stopped at mexicans and stay away from dc :-)

i joke, but in all seriousness, there is absolutely no diversity outside of sydney, and its 2 hours away.

i even miss frozen burritos :-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:50 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yea, I am not sure the protocol for eating Tamales?

KCUnited? (he's part Mexican)
I'm not sure there is a standard protocol. I've bare handed them right out of the husk on the street before. I like your plate though, especially the bed of beans, I'm going to have to try that.

Inspired, I walked up to the corner this morning and grabbed some pork tamales as well. I did mine Chicago style with a runny egg on top, hot (spicy) giardiniera, and a couple healthy dashes of chili lime Cholula.

[Reply]
scho63 06:38 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
you could have stopped at mexicansD.
no diversity outside of sydney, and its 2 hours away
Ironically, Mexican is my LEAST favorite ethnic food. Aside from soft tacos, fajitas, ceviche, and a good burrito, none of the other stuff has ever really appealed to me.

I spent a month in Australia in 1987; Melbourne-Melbourne Cricket Grounds, Victoria, Phillip Island-Fairy Penguin parade, Alice Springs, Perth, Americas Cup, Rottnest Island-Quokkas and Road Runners, Cairns-Barrier Reef, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Lone Pine Sanctuary, Sydney, Hungerford Hill Winery. Greatest trip ever. Love Aussies. I was away for 10 weeks.
[Reply]
In58men 07:13 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by scho63:
Ironically, Mexican is my LEAST favorite ethnic food. Aside from soft tacos, fajitas, ceviche, and a good burrito, none of the other stuff has ever really appealed to me.

I spent a month in Australia in 1987; Melbourne-Melbourne Cricket Grounds, Victoria, Phillip Island-Fairy Penguin parade, Alice Springs, Perth, Americas Cup, Rottnest Island-Quokkas and Road Runners, Cairns-Barrier Reef, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Lone Pine Sanctuary, Sydney, Hungerford Hill Winery. Greatest trip ever. Love Aussies. I was away for 10 weeks.

That's crazy talk. Mexican food is the best.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:18 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
That's crazy talk. Mexican food is the best.
Probably my least favorite, too. I just have to be in a mood for Mexican.
[Reply]
In58men 07:23 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Probably my least favorite, too. I just have to be in a mood for Mexican.
You guys are killing me. Here in Cali being so close to the border we have tons and tons of great Mexican joints here. We usually have it once a week. Italian, Chinese, Asian etc etc isn't really satisfying. I have to admit we're spoiled in Cali when it comes to Mexican food. KC doesn't even know what Micheladas are. Terribad.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:35 AM 10-07-2016
You guys are killing me. Here in Cali being so close to the border we have tons and tons of great Mexican joints here. We usually have it once a week. Italian, Chinese, Asian etc etc isn't really satisfying. I have to admit we're spoiled in Cali when it comes to Mexican food. KC doesn't even know what Micheladas are. Terribad.

I'll bet all that stuff in Cali tastes like soap.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:47 AM 10-07-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I just like tacos.

A lot.

My wife has a bunch of family in town. The guys ask about tacos, I say we will roll to kc and I'll show you around.

No. They all wanted to go see osage beach.

I decide to go to work for a while and follow behind with my youngest, bubba. I've been wanting to try the street tacos at this spot across from the hospital. Well me and bubba are quite the taco eating team, he's almost 4, and we go order 6 before meeting the rest of them.

Pretty damn good. Lengua, al pastor, asada.

Go meet them and they are like "we wanna eat tacos"! I'm down, tell them I know a spot lol.

Nope they wanna go to Sergio's. They old lady at the wedding dress place recommended it.

It wasn't good, service sucked. I couldn't even eat their al pastor. The carnitas were ok, asada nothing to write home about.

And the rice?

They put mother ****ING PEAS. Again mother ****ING PEAS in the rice.

When we were done eating I had bubba throw a fit so we could conveniently head home. He's always good for that. He doesn't mind it if everyone thinks he's an asshole and we like running around and doing our own thing. Shopping? Not for us, we went backroading looking at cars and stuff.

but on the way through we stopped and grabbed a couple more from the first place. Bubba thought we were ****ing hilarious.
peas in rice and enchiladas is not unheard of south of the border. My ex-SIL's abuela always made them that way.
[Reply]
In58men 07:47 AM 10-07-2016
I'll bet all that stuff in Cali tastes like soap.
Far from it.
[Reply]
scho63 07:58 AM 10-07-2016
Vietnamese, Korean, Ethiopian, Salvadorian, Brazilian Churrascaria, Southern Indian, Spanish Tapas, Japanese Sushi-Hibachi-Tempora, German-Polish, Hong Kong and Taiwan Dim Sum, are just many aside from the Italian or Chinese you didn't compare to Mexican.

These are all available and very good!
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 08:08 AM 10-07-2016
They call it red beer and use bud light instead of michelob brah.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:38 AM 10-07-2016
Far from it.

If it's got a shitload of cilantro on it, it tastes like soap.
[Reply]
In58men 08:44 AM 10-07-2016
If it's got a shitload of cilantro on it, it tastes like soap.
To each his own my friend. Cilantro is the best herb next to basil.
[Reply]
Page 302 of 1208
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312352402802 > Last »
Up