ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 73
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!


Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!



I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:35 AM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Who is the turdburglar?

Warning language
Spoiler!


I have to admit I watched it and some tiny piece of my brain wants to see just where this may be going in future episodes.

Chit Stain McClain or is it???

Spoiler!

[Reply]
rocknrolla 02:33 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
it's a netflix mockumentary, not sure if it's must watch, but it appears the show american vandal is an attempt at the worlds longest dick joke. :-)




ETA: i am six episodes in, and i can say its better than casting jonbenet, but not as good as luke cage. albeit does make a case for dessey being guilty of murder after being falsely accused of rape. :-)

i would absolutely love to see the outtakes of the filming of this show. it would be ten times funnier than the one presented. :-)
I couldn't make it through 3 episodes. Dont know if was missing something, just quite boring.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:55 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Who is the turdburglar?

PSA: Don't watch the first episode of Season Two while eating.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:06 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I couldn't make it through 3 episodes. Dont know if was missing something, just quite boring.
How versed are you in the things they are satirizing?

It's played pretty straight, so if you don't know what they're making fun of, it gets lost on you.

Still, I thought there were some good lines, mostly the younger students confirming obvious details.

'We didn't know what it was until we smelled poop, then it was like 'yeah, that's poop. . . . '

Also, did you watch the first season? I've only seen 1 1/2 episodes of this season, but last season had more out-and-out laughs, because the performers were written more stupid and unaware. It was about the mystery of who spray-painted a bunch of dicks on the cars in the teacher's parking lot.

In that one, the high-tech 3-d rendering of a re-enactment of

Spoiler!


If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season. Mostly for how gravely the matter is treated in the 'documentary'


[Reply]
Nickhead 05:14 PM 09-15-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How versed are you in the things they are satirizing?

It's played pretty straight, so if you don't know what they're making fun of, it gets lost on you.

Still, I thought there were some good lines, mostly the younger students confirming obvious details.

'We didn't know what it was until we smelled poop, then it was like 'yeah, that's poop. . . . '

Also, did you watch the first season? I've only seen 1 1/2 episodes of this season, but last season had more out-and-out laughs, because the performers were written more stupid and unaware. It was about the mystery of who spray-painted a bunch of dicks on the cars in the teacher's parking lot.

In that one, the high-tech 3-d rendering of a re-enactment of

Spoiler!


If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season.

im 3 episodes into this season. it's definitely dryer humor this time around. but at least these piss take mockumentaries are entertaining. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Periods after emoji's, that's like serial killer weird
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:21 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hope nobody told momma!!!
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Good glory! I have refrained from any talk until this wrapped because I read the book and didnít want to spoil anything, but there is a reason this is my favorite Gillian Flynn book. I liked gone girl, but sharp objects was a revelation. Such great characters and every actor in this totally nailed it across the board. I have a nitpick or two, but overall a very rich adaptation. Iíll watch the whole thing again soon to catch more book details that are all blended into the production design. That dollhouse is a gold mine.

Watch it if you havenít!
Have no idea who did this, but it's a studio quality edit.


[Reply]
rocknrolla 08:50 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How versed are you in the things they are satirizing?

It's played pretty straight, so if you don't know what they're making fun of, it gets lost on you.

Still, I thought there were some good lines, mostly the younger students confirming obvious details.

'We didn't know what it was until we smelled poop, then it was like 'yeah, that's poop. . . . '

Also, did you watch the first season? I've only seen 1 1/2 episodes of this season, but last season had more out-and-out laughs, because the performers were written more stupid and unaware. It was about the mystery of who spray-painted a bunch of dicks on the cars in the teacher's parking lot.

In that one, the high-tech 3-d rendering of a re-enactment of

Spoiler!


If one of the funniest images of the entire past television season. Mostly for how gravely the matter is treated in the 'documentary'

It was the first season I was referring to. Second season looks like a better plot.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:32 AM 09-20-2018

[Reply]
Danguardace 09:33 AM 09-20-2018

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:46 PM 09-22-2018
Gotta put in an enthusiastic good word for Maniac on Netflix. Just came out last week, and I'm 3 [approx. 34-40 min @ea] episodes in.

Below is a pretty effective summation of the sense of the series thus far. Its from the creator of The Leftovers and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga [everything mind-blowing visually that wasn't Matthew McConaughey in True Detective Season1].

It's hard to put into words what exactly it is. The three that best describe it thus far is, humorous, emotional and engrossing. Somehow, you both have no idea what exactly is going on, and you follow the story easily and eagerly.

The small things are what really sell it. I'd describe some of the small things, but they are best simply experienced. But they're not like Easter Eggs or 'blink and you'll miss it' things you'll have to work to experience. The small things are world builders, and in Fukunaga's hands, the world is built very very well.

It's one of those shows you just say 'sit down and watch, and don't give up.'


[Reply]
Buehler445 11:44 PM 09-22-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Gotta put in an enthusiastic good word for Maniac on Netflix. Just came out last week, and I'm 3 [approx. 34-40 min @ea] episodes in.

Below is a pretty effective summation of the sense of the series thus far. Its from the creator of The Leftovers and directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga [everything mind-blowing visually that wasn't Matthew McConaughey in True Detective Season1].

It's hard to put into words what exactly it is. The three that best describe it thus far is, humorous, emotional and engrossing. Somehow, you both have no idea what exactly is going on, and you follow the story easily and eagerly.

The small things are what really sell it. I'd describe some of the small things, but they are best simply experienced. But they're not like Easter Eggs or 'blink and you'll miss it' things you'll have to work to experience. The small things are world builders, and in Fukunaga's hands, the world is built very very well.

It's one of those shows you just say 'sit down and watch, and don't give up.'

I saw that advertised and thought it looked interesting. Iíll definitely check it out. Thanks.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:33 AM 09-23-2018
I searched and haven't found any evidence of this show, may be q but...

not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. :-)






[Reply]
sully1983 03:59 PM 09-23-2018
^^^
Maniac looks intriguing I 'll have to binge watch it this week for sure (and it looks like Jonah Hill lost a shit ton of weight so good for him!)

My fav series is Mindhunter on Netflix and I am anxiously awaiting season 2 .
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM 09-25-2018
Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav
[Reply]
cooper barrett 04:27 PM 09-25-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Anyone watching the Deuce on HBO?

My new fav
Have you seen season 1?
[Reply]
Page 48 of 73
« First < 384445464748 4950515258 > Last »
Up