ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2421 of 3903
« First < 1421192123212371241124172418241924202421 242224232424242524312471252129213421 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 08:44 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
no,

While masks can help limit the spread, they are not 100%. N95 masks only protect those who are wearing them PERIOD.

Surgical masks are made to be used in STERILE ENVIRONMENTS and rabidly lose effectiveness (While still limiting)

and

Cloth masks are lol
Aside from N95 masks other masks work for a very limited amount of time. They are not made to sit there for hours next to someone and prevent anything. They are supposed to be used for a few minutes of exposure and not in a shoulder-shoulder crowd.
[Reply]
Donger 08:44 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
The coronavirus task force is holding their first public briefing in almost 2 months today
Why? It's over. Wrap up, perhaps?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:46 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you disagree with this?

Yes, of course it's both. The virus doesn't care about "causes." It just wants a host.
N95 with front valves not only do not protect other people it could cause droplets to go further.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...covid19-spread
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:47 AM 06-26-2020
No no it selfish people bar hopping and parties... :-):-)

No MORONS its the 60,000 people walking in down town Houston etc. Again mask or no mask, it will ****ing spread when that many people get together. And worse yet they then spread the **** back out.
Why are you in denial about bar hopping? Don't want people talking bad about your favorite hobby?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:50 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Why are you in denial about bar hopping? Don't want people talking bad about your favorite hobby?
A. This as a insult is sooooo incredibly weak, like cringe worthy weak. Call me a name next time please.... Anything

B. Why are you in denial about the protests?

Lets see bar hopping vs. 100,000+ in the streets for days.

Durrrr I DOnT KnOw WHeRe AlL ThEse New CaSes ArE coMing From.
[Reply]
Pants 08:52 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Well, I will be fair and said that yes, bars and restaurants can contribute but there is a notable difference in tone when it comes to talking about the largest of gatherings that was across multiple states.
How could there not be a difference in tone?

I know you, BleedingRed, and BigCatDaddy like to live in binary, black and white fantasy worlds, but life is just shades of grey.

Let's imagine there's a spectrum or scale of justified risk exposure.

On one end of the spectrum, you're risking exposing yourself and others to the virus because you want a different color of underwear to wear. On the other end of the spectrum, you're risking exposure to the virus because your child will die if you don't get to them.

Do you think going to a bar and going to a protest for a just cause are on the same level within that spectrum?

Please note, I am not condoning or condemning either. I am simply trying to paint a picture of why people may take a different tone while fully realizing the virus doesn't care.

It SHOULD be obvious to anyone, but either some folks are being intellectually dishonest or just actually really dense.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:52 AM 06-26-2020
It's just rather ironic timing that about 3 weeks after 1,000's and 1,000's of kids primarily in their 20's and 30's, went storming the streets, night after night after night we are seeing a surge in cases in that particular age group.

I mean what a fucking coinkydink.
[Reply]
Donger 08:53 AM 06-26-2020
N95 with front valves not only do not protect other people it could cause droplets to go further.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...covid19-spread
That isn't what I asked you. I'll try again:

Do you disagree with this?

Yes, of course it's both. The virus doesn't care about "causes." It just wants a host.

I wasn't asking you about masks.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:54 AM 06-26-2020
Are you guys really trying to MEMORY HOLE the protests?

THAT VAST majority of these new cases are more likely related to TENS OF THOUSANDS of people protesting and rioting.

Rather than people bar hopping.
It’s both. It was terrible that hundreds to thousands of people gathered to protest here for 3 weeks, shortly after the state reopened. Combine the protests with people going out and you’ve got 4+ weeks of bad decisions leading AZ to this very spot with no further beds available.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:54 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
How could there not be a difference in tone?

I know you, BleedingRed, and BigCatDaddy like to live in binary, black and white fantasy worlds, but life is just shades of grey.

Let's imagine there's a spectrum or scale of justified risk exposure.

On one end of the spectrum, you're risking exposing yourself and others to the virus because you want a different color of underwear to wear. On the other end of the spectrum, you're risking exposure to the virus because your child will die if you don't get to them.

Do you think going to a bar and going to a protest for a just cause are on the same level within that spectrum?

Please note, I am not condoning or condemning either. I am simply trying to paint a picture of why people may take a different tone while fully realizing the virus doesn't care.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize Covid cared about where you were? I didn't realize it's okay to go out and get\spread Covid as long as it is for a "just cause".

What you are doing is trying to justify why one is okay to go get\spread the infection and one isn't when the end result is the same.
[Reply]
Pants 08:55 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm sorry, I didn't realize Covid cared about where you were? I didn't realize it's okay to go out and get\spread Covid as long as it is for a "just cause".

What you are doing is trying to justify why one is okay to go get\spread the infection and one isn't when the end result is the same.
I don't think you read the entire post. That's okay.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:56 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:

Yes, yes I ****ing do. As far as COVID 19 goes its honestly MUCH WORSE to go to a protest. And I support their right to protest. But jesus acting like bar hopping even comes close to the community spread as these protest did is fucking smooth brain retarded.
[Reply]
Donger 08:56 AM 06-26-2020
There were large protests in NYC, right?
[Reply]
Donger 08:57 AM 06-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It’s both. It was terrible that hundreds to thousands of people gathered to protest here for 3 weeks, shortly after the state reopened. Combine the protests with people going out and you’ve got 4+ weeks of bad decisions leading AZ to this very spot with no further beds available.
Of course it's both. But they won't acknowledge that because agenda.
[Reply]
Donger 08:58 AM 06-26-2020
For those who actually care to learn:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...tter-protests/
[Reply]
Page 2421 of 3903
« First < 1421192123212371241124172418241924202421 242224232424242524312471252129213421 > Last »
Up