ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 457 of 2687
« First < 357407447453454455456457 4584594604614675075579571457 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:26 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Because when you throw, you have a plant foot in front that typically is pointed at your target. He almost threw that pass from a horse stance, with both feet parallel and his hips open towards his target. The only reason that wasn't picked off is his ridiculous velocity - even with bad feet position - and the LB couldn't quite get there in time.

His feet improved immediately from there.
Footwork or not, the problem is that the ball came out late.

If he makes the read faster and throws it earlier in that exact spot with the same footwork, it's completed. It wasn't inaccurate. It wasn't floaty. In spite of his footwork the accuracy and velocity was there. He just held the ball too long.

He also had at least two other first down completions where he did that 'run forward two steps and throw from the pocket' thing he does instead of just stepping up, setting, and releasing.

I don't see this being cleaned up as much as others. I just see it being more successful than people said it would be.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:27 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Outstanding article on Mahomes.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...-not-ready-yet

He's exceeding expectations, but he needs more time, which is completely fine.
Yes he does but according to some of the Mahomesexuals he should be starting right now.

Idiots...
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:06 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Outstanding article on Mahomes.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...-not-ready-yet

He's exceeding expectations, but he needs more time, which is completely fine.
Who is K Swanson?

Looks like some kid that would coach D Backs for some U8 team
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:13 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Yes he does but according to some of the Mahomesexuals he should be starting right now.

Idiots...
Your KC Chiefs fan front is disintegrating leave before It's too late. You'll be revealed as an Alex Only Fan who is only on this BB for a single player so run for cover

Though I do believe PMII should sit this season.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:20 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:

Idiots...
Link us to the ones saying that he should actually be starting game 1 of this year.
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:25 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Link us to the ones saying that he should actually be starting game 1 of this year.
Wasn't that impressed with Alex bailing out early and settling for the FG with the check down to Wilson even though he wasn't under pressure. Mahomes goes for 7 when in the red zone. Yes, he should start day 1 if we are being 100% real about who is the more dynamic and talented QB.

Ask yourself this. What can Alex do that Mahomes can't do?

Also, what can Mahomes do that Alex can't do?

I think you will find that the latter list is longer and the things on that list are more important in big time playoff games against other great QBs. IDGAF what name you call me, he is the better QB. NOW! Alex will suck you in and go back into his turtle shell when the real games start. You will see and will be calling for Mahomes. Just wait and see.

You know the definition of insanity. Sounds like a cheater of domestic abuser...."I am really changed this time" Blah blah.....Fall for the bullshit if you want to. 4 fucking years is enough.
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:28 AM 08-21-2017
Alex fans are like the battered wives. "He is really sorry and has changed this time..."

BULLSHIT!!!!!
[Reply]
ARROW2 09:33 AM 08-21-2017
Sorry Alex, Mahomes was the best QB on the field Saturday.

FUCK FOOTWORK! Does the ball get there?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:34 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Alex fans are like the battered wives. "He is really sorry and has changed this time..."

BULLSHIT!!!!!
But his QBR is improving and it's happening.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:35 AM 08-21-2017
I haven't seen Mahomes properly setup the punter in preseason games yet.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:39 AM 08-21-2017
These were from early may
Originally Posted by BossChief:
If we're talking upside, I'd go like this...

Mahomes ... Rodgers
Hunt .... Emmitt
Hill .... Antonio Brown
Kelce ... Gonzales
Peters ...Deion
Jones ... Bruce Smith
Houston ... Kevin Greene
Mitchell ... Hasty
Logan ... Saleamua
Berry ... Reed/Dawkins
You do understand the concept of "strictly talking upside" right?

Peters doesn't have Sanders straight line speed, but teams avoid that whole side of the field the exact same way QBs did against Sanders.

You wouldn't know that because you weren't alive when Sanders was a player in his prime.

Bruce Smith was a 3-4 end that abused OL the same way Jones does and we are about to see Jones go into his second and third years in the NFL where most great DL make a huge jump. I'm excited to see Jones with more muscle and after putting in serious work on his technique. What we saw as a rookie was based on pure talent.

Go watch Emmitt Smith run the ball and then watch Hunts videos...I know it sounds far fetched, but thy are extremely similar runners. Hunt won't get the workload Emmitt did because the game has changed, but the vision, balance, power and patience are all there.

Again, I had the pleasure of watching his whole career and his running style is very similar to the way Hunt runs.
What made Emmitt great was

Vision
Change of direction ability
Balance
Heart
Making guys miss
Powering through arm tackles
Good receiver out of the backfield
That jump cut though...
(His OL)

Again, go watch Hunts videos and you will see every single one of those traits displayed at a high level.

Now, I'm clearly not saying Hunt is going to be Emmitt Smith, just that their styles are similar and that if Hunt reaches his potential he will be compared to a poor mans Emmitt Smith.

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:40 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
You mean when Mahomes starts playing we won't get our MVP on the field that much? How are we going get those hidden touchdowns?
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:41 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I have yet to see any hidden touchdowns either. Not impressed.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:42 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
You mean when Mahomes starts playing we won't get our MVP on the field that much? How are we going get those hidden touchdowns?
SHIT, you beat me to it. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:45 AM 08-21-2017
Originally Posted by bigjosh006:
SHIT, you beat me to it. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Page 457 of 2687
« First < 357407447453454455456457 4584594604614675075579571457 > Last »
Up