ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 406 of 2683
« First < 306356396402403404405406 4074084094104164565069061406 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:46 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
WOW WHAT A UNIQUE FUCKING OPINION! You've got to be the only Chiefs fan who thinks that!

Baby Lee, ladies and gentlemen! He likes Mahomes' potential to be a top QB in the NFL one day!
My point is, there is a history of those highest on Mahomes perpetually being high on 'anything except what we have'

I think it was more important to get Mahomes than constantly being on the prowl for whatever looks most promising at the moment.

And those highest on him also have a track record of simply being glad Alex may soon be gone. I'm happy with the potential, not simply that he'll be better than Alex, but he'll be better than a lot of players we could have ended up with instead.

I'm more concerned with the right pick, than 'a' pick at the 'right' position.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:49 PM 08-10-2017
WOW WHAT A UNIQUE FUCKING OPINION! You've got to be the only Chiefs fan who thinks that!

Baby Lee, ladies and gentlemen! He likes Mahomes' potential to be a top QB in the NFL one day!
It's ABSOLUTELY FUCKING GROUND-BREAKING, ISN'T IT SNR?!?!?!?

THANK GOD WE HAVE THIS HIGH-HORSED ASSPANSY AROUND ON A DAILY FUCKING BASIS TO TELL US THESE GREAT REVELATIONS!

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Derrick Johnson has played against HOF QB's and been playing the game for two decades, and you're like "How would he know a good QB?"

Meanwhile you position yourself as a QB expert in spite of your repeated deifying of QB's that proved to be utter shite. Do I need to name all of the garbage QB's you heaped praise on?
IT WAS A JOKE, YOU STUPID DIPSHIT. PULL YOUR HEAD FROM YOUR ASS AND SEE!
SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Idiot.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 07:02 PM 08-10-2017
well...

this thread has been shit on CP style.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:07 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
My point is, there is a history of those highest on Mahomes perpetually being high on 'anything except what we have'

I think it was more important to get Mahomes than constantly being on the prowl for whatever looks most promising at the moment.

And those highest on him also have a track record of simply being glad Alex may soon be gone. I'm happy with the potential, not simply that he'll be better than Alex, but he'll be better than a lot of players we could have ended up with instead.

I'm more concerned with the right pick, than 'a' pick at the 'right' position.

And let me guess. When you first learned of Mahomes, you thought, "I hope the Chiefs take him because of that potential!" You didn't think for one second that trading up in the first by 20+ spots would be reaching or a case of "this looks the most promising at the moment!" Right? You were 100% on board before the Chiefs drafted him! Somebody suggesting that strategy before the draft wouldn't have caused you to roll your eyes and go, "just another dumb impatient drafturbator desperate for a 1st round QB!"

Right?

Because I don't believe that for one fucking bit.
[Reply]
aces and eights 07:10 PM 08-10-2017
Might wanna temper some expectations in Mahomes first action at tech he looked lost and was 2 for 5 with a pic on his first series. That pic gave us an epic gif. This coming from tech fan that will be watching to follow the excitement that is Mahomes. Well **** it I m too new to be able to post a gif.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:12 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by aces and eights:
Might wanna temper some expectations in Mahomes first action at tech he looked lost and was 2 for 5 with a pic on his first series. That pic gave us an epic gif. This coming from tech fan that will be watching to follow the excitement that is Mahomes. Well **** it I m too new to be able to post a gif.
Can you post a link to it? Maybe someone will Gif it up for you
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:16 PM 08-10-2017
And let me guess. When you first learned of Mahomes, you thought, "I hope the Chiefs take him because of that potential!" You didn't think for one second that trading up in the first by 20+ spots would be reaching or a case of "this looks the most promising at the moment!" Right? You were 100% on board before the Chiefs drafted him! Somebody suggesting that strategy before the draft wouldn't have caused you to roll your eyes and go, "just another dumb impatient drafturbator desperate for a 1st round QB!"

Right?

Had there been an absolutely glaring need for any non-QB that could have been reasonably addressed at KC's original draft slot, there'd be more discourse and dissent concering the Mahomes trade.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:23 PM 08-10-2017

Right?

Go back and read the archives. I've always been high on him. But I thought he would go too high for us to make the effort to get him. I didn't think it would be 'too expensive' to get him in the teens, but I didn't think the franchise would pull the trigger.

After making that assessment, I resigned us to missing out on him and switched my analysis to Watson. I thought he was feasible, but found it ironic, because I thought and still think he's going to be very Alex-like. That's good enough for me, if he's surrounded by a decent team. And I repeatedly said, IF the Chiefs selected Watson it would be the ultimate stamp of Reid and Dorsey's seal of approval on Alex's style of play.

I gave Trubisky no thought. I didn't expect to go so high and thought he was a bad choice even if we traded back a little. Don't expect much of him, less now that he's with the dysnfunctional Bears under Fox.

The franchise pulling the trigger on the trade WAS a surprise. But find me a person outside the inner circle of the Chiefs for whom it wasn't.

I wholeheartedly applauded the value of the pick, the decisiveness of the decision, the edging out of competing franchises, just about EVERYTHING about the pick itself. If I had ANY prior notice that such a maneuver was feasible, I would have been completely on board. But neither I nor anyone foresaw it.

But I look at Mahomes as a solid, perhaps spectacular, investment for the NEXT 15 years, not tomorrow, or next week.

Shortly after the draft, when everyone was in 'we gotta QB!!!' delirium, I switched my focus on maintaining a quality franchise for him to play with. His time will come. I'm in no hurry. I'm more concerned with a longterm level of competitiveness than a preseason, or wasted regular season, boner.

Many itching for Mahomes on the field feel that anything else is a total waste of time. I don't.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:29 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Had there been an absolutely glaring need for any non-QB that could have been reasonably addressed at KC's original draft slot, there'd be more discourse and dissent concering the Mahomes trade.
Nah. Reuben Foster went 31 and ILB was our most glaring need. Nobody cares. We got Mahomes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:31 PM 08-10-2017
:-) - and as I type, Trubisky throws his first NFL to reclamation project Victor Cruz.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:32 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Nah. Reuben Foster went 31 and ILB was our most glaring need. Nobody cares. We got Mahomes.
This
[Reply]
aces and eights 07:35 PM 08-10-2017
nope cant post a link either... but it was from the OSU game in 2014 Davis Webb has hand on Kingsburys shoulder and then the pick and two coaches facepalm and Davis takes his hand off the shoulder.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:36 PM 08-10-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Go back and read the archives. I've always been high on him. But I thought he would go too high for us to make the effort to get him. I didn't think it would be 'too expensive' to get him in the teens, but I didn't think the franchise would pull the trigger.

After making that assessment, I resigned us to missing out on him and switched my analysis to Watson. I thought he was feasible, but found it ironic, because I thought and still think he's going to be very Alex-like. That's good enough for me, if he's surrounded by a decent team. And I repeatedly said, IF the Chiefs selected Watson it would be the ultimate stamp of Reid and Dorsey's seal of approval on Alex's style of play.

I gave Trubisky no thought. I didn't expect to go so high and thought he was a bad choice even if we traded back a little. Don't expect much of him, less now that he's with the dysnfunctional Bears under Fox.

The franchise pulling the trigger on the trade WAS a surprise. But find me a person outside the inner circle of the Chiefs for whom it wasn't.

I wholeheartedly applauded the value of the pick, the decisiveness of the decision, the edging out of competing franchises, just about EVERYTHING about the pick itself. If I had ANY prior notice that such a maneuver was feasible, I would have been completely on board. But neither I nor anyone foresaw it.

But I look at Mahomes as a solid, perhaps spectacular, investment for the NEXT 15 years, not tomorrow, or next week.

Shortly after the draft, when everyone was in 'we gotta QB!!!' delirium, I switched my focus on maintaining a quality franchise for him to play with. His time will come. I'm in no hurry. I'm more concerned with a longterm level of competitiveness than a preseason, or wasted regular season, boner.

Many itching for Mahomes on the field feel that anything else is a total waste of time. I don't.
And you're overblowing this "LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ALEX AND WANT MAHOMES STARTING IN YEAR ONE!!!" Massively. I don't want Mahomes starting in 2017. RunKC doesn't, and he was higher on Mahomes than I was pre-draft. Not even your boy Sweet Daddy Hate wants Mahomes to start in 2017.

Reerun? Coogs? You're gonna let THOSE guys be the spokesmen for the drafturbators? Because that's about it. Just TALKING about the possibility of Mahomes starting doesn't mean people actually want it, for crying out loud.

Also, one more thing...

Originally Posted by :
It seems like they're just happy to draft a replacement for the worst QB in the history of organized sports.

I'm happy they drafted Mahomes, because of the potential for him to be better than EVERYONE some day, not just Alex
Why do those two statements have to be mutually exclusive (ignoring the hyperbole and TIC inaccuracy of the first one, of course)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:47 PM 08-10-2017
And you're overblowing this "LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HATE ALEX AND WANT MAHOMES STARTING IN YEAR ONE!!!" Massively. I don't want Mahomes starting in 2017. RunKC doesn't, and he was higher on Mahomes than I was pre-draft. Not even your boy Sweet Daddy Hate wants Mahomes to start in 2017.

Reerun? Coogs? You're gonna let THOSE guys be the spokesmen for the drafturbators? Because that's about it. Just TALKING about the possibility of Mahomes starting doesn't mean people actually want it, for crying out loud.

Also, one more thing...

Why do those two statements have to be mutually exclusive (ignoring the hyperbole and TIC inaccuracy of the first one, of course)
Much of this I addressed when I made the distinction between demanding a pick because of the position and picking the right person. I like Mahomes because I like Mahomes. I don't like Mahomes because the Chiefs did something different than they have in the past. I make a conscious effort to expunge the baggage of history, particularly history unconnected to the GM/HC of the present when analyzing their present decisions.

The other part I addressed when I made the concluding remark that some think anything that isn't involving Mahomes is a waste of time [or treading water, or waiting around, or whatever you want to call it when you're not doing anything important or productive]. It's not just about whether you want him to start right away. It's also about respecting the present roster and what they're trying to accomplish.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:49 PM 08-10-2017
I don't want Mahomes starting in 2017.
I was the first person on CP to identify him and said that the Chiefs should do whatever it took to get him.

I'm good with waiting until mid-2018 for him to start, or even later.

Drafting Mahomes has never been about 2017. It's been about 2023-2030.

QB's don't hit their "Prime" until they're generally 27-28 years old and Mahomes is only 21.
[Reply]
Page 406 of 2683
« First < 306356396402403404405406 4074084094104164565069061406 > Last »
Up