ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 960 of 1207
« First < 460860910950956957958959960 96196296396497010101060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:26 PM 01-08-2020
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I love sous vide salmon. I typically save the lemon for a squeeze at the end.
That might very well be what I do next. That being said, there's a lower suction setting on the vacuum machine, that could be the trick too.

Oh well, it's all good fun and the mistakes are killing anything.

Friday I think I'm going to do pressure cooker ribs again. This time they'll be baby backs, and I'm going to try a thinned-down Coca-Cola/BBQ Sauce to make the pressure. Like this man did:

[Reply]
F150 02:04 PM 01-10-2020
Cold crappy rainy and soon to be ice then snow night. So I'm doing the Friday night I get to cook dinner.

You guys are all way over my head but here is something we learned on a trip to Italy a few years ago that I'll do tonight in the oven (cause Im too big a pussy to run the big grill out inn the rain and cold).

Start with a whole chicken, cut out backbone, and cut into quarters.

1/2 cup of olive oil, a 1/4 cup of fresh chopped rosemary, 4 cloves garlic crushed and fine chopped, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp thyme(dry), and 1 tablespoon of oregano, juice of two lemons and lemon zest from one.....mix that all up and pour into a baking dish Salt and pepper the bird and put in the pan, rub all over the chicken, put plastic wrap over and let sit for two hours

Now I love a cast iron dish to do this in but glass is fine. Ill do in a cast iron pan....

Preheat oven to 425. Put chicken in pan use as much of the olive oil/marinade as u like, I use it all

Roast at 425 20 minutes. Turn chicken and reduce heat to 375 for 1 hour or till tests done with thermometer.

We will serve it tonight with a lemon risotto with mushrooms and some cooked garlic and almond spinach as a side...

No idea whats up for game day. but will do something damn simple.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:22 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Cold crappy rainy and soon to be ice then snow night. So I'm doing the Friday night I get to cook dinner.

You guys are all way over my head but here is something we learned on a trip to Italy a few years ago that I'll do tonight in the oven (cause Im too big a pussy to run the big grill out inn the rain and cold).

Start with a whole chicken, cut out backbone, and cut into quarters.

1/2 cup of olive oil, a 1/4 cup of fresh chopped rosemary, 4 cloves garlic crushed and fine chopped, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp thyme(dry), and 1 tablespoon of oregano, juice of two lemons and lemon zest from one.....mix that all up and pour into a baking dish Salt and pepper the bird and put in the pan, rub all over the chicken, put plastic wrap over and let sit for two hours

Now I love a cast iron dish to do this in but glass is fine. Ill do in a cast iron pan....

Preheat oven to 425. Put chicken in pan use as much of the olive oil/marinade as u like, I use it all

Roast at 425 20 minutes. Turn chicken and reduce heat to 375 for 1 hour or till tests done with thermometer.

We will serve it tonight with a lemon risotto with mushrooms and some cooked garlic and almond spinach as a side...

No idea whats up for game day. but will do something damn simple.
Hey, that sounds like a winner, but you gotta provide pics... It's kind of a rule...
[Reply]
patteeu 01-10-2020, 02:52 PM
This message has been deleted by patteeu.
F150 02:56 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Hey, that sounds like a winner, but you gotta provide pics... It's kind of a rule...
Welll the chicken is thawing. And Ill do my best to live up to expectations!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:32 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Welll the chicken is thawing. And Ill do my best to live up to expectations!

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:01 PM 01-10-2020
Budget gourmet for me tonight, trying a premade Kung Pao chicken kit

It’s really just the tempura chix and sauce, but I’ll spruce it up with fresh basmati rice, stir fried celery, red bell pepper and onion... then add a dab of peanut butter to the sauce

By the time I eat it should be pretty damn tasty
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 06:10 PM 01-10-2020
Just some grilled chicken thigh sliders tonight.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:33 PM 01-10-2020
Did pressure cooker ribs again, this time babybacks, the 25 I had minutes I had them in the cooker was perfect. I little sauce at the end, under the broiler, and they were fall-off-the-bone perfect.

Yeah, this might be how I do them in the summer too...

[Reply]
ptlyon 07:40 PM 01-10-2020
Vera Vera nice
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:12 PM 01-10-2020
Got me thinking about a pressure cooker all the sudden
[Reply]
srvy 08:49 PM 01-10-2020
Yeah I have got to try real ribs in a pc. I have always gone the cheap fake route with cheap country style. I reserved the real deal for summer and smoking worried PC would turn them to mush. Glorydayze has made me a believer.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:56 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Yeah I have got to try real ribs in a pc. I have always gone the cheap fake route with cheap country style. I reserved the real deal for summer and smoking worried PC would turn them to mush. Glorydayze has made me a believer.
I've baked country style ribs a bunch and love them, so I'll do them in the insta pot next time.

The wife made scalloped potatoes with ham tonight. It's tasty, even though I don't give a shit about the potatoes and go after the ham primarily.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:00 PM 01-10-2020
I made some damn good spaghetti tonight but looking at all those juicy ribs and food pictures I'm ready for grilling my steak on game day.

Some nice pictures on this page holy fuck looks good.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:27 PM 01-10-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
That might very well be what I do next. That being said, there's a lower suction setting on the vacuum machine, that could be the trick too.

Oh well, it's all good fun and the mistakes are killing anything.

Friday I think I'm going to do pressure cooker ribs again. This time they'll be baby backs, and I'm going to try a thinned-down Coca-Cola/BBQ Sauce to make the pressure. Like this man did:

Originally Posted by srvy:
The method in that video is fast and simple, ya can't go wrong.

I did 25 minutes in the pressure cooker, skipped the reducing part, but mopped-on some Sweet Baby Ray's sauce before I put them under the broiler (for about five minutes). So a slight twist, but dinner took a total of 45 minutes to make. RIBS!!!
[Reply]
F150 11:31 PM 01-10-2020

Finally got picture posting figured out, sorry to be such a noob
[Reply]
Page 960 of 1207
« First < 460860910950956957958959960 96196296396497010101060 > Last »
Up