ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 957 of 1203
« First < 457857907947953954955956957 95895996096196710071057 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:39 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
My chili was a success at work people really liked it and said it was plenty hot but tasty.

Tonight though I am making wangs and I was told to "bring the heat" so that's what I'm doing got a jar of Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa that the stock guy said was the hottest thing he has in the store and I got Famous Daves pickle chips Devil's Spit for the juice and four habaneros and sweet hot mustard and Mango Scotch Bonnet and some lemon pepper marinade.

Sound good?
If you're just trying to get heat into stuff, and the supermarket carried Famous Dave's, you should have checked to see if they had Wilbur's Revenge.

Mrs. Renfros is hot salsa, but I don't see it having the concentrated heat to still be hot when used to flavor chili, unless of course you use a shit-ton of it.

Tip - if you want to really eff with people, mask the heat with sweet. Put some brown sugar or molasses in your chili. It'll still hit them, but they'll take a couple bites and wolf it down before they whole effect hits them.

Also, to get the most out of your harbeneros. Simmer the chilli with them in there, then when you go to serve, pull the peppers out and puree them whole then mix them back in.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:09 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If you're just trying to get heat into stuff, and the supermarket carried Famous Dave's, you should have checked to see if they had Wilbur's Revenge.

Mrs. Renfros is hot salsa, but I don't see it having the concentrated heat to still be hot when used to flavor chili, unless of course you use a shit-ton of it.

Tip - if you want to really eff with people, mask the heat with sweet. Put some brown sugar or molasses in your chili. It'll still hit them, but they'll take a couple bites and wolf it down before they whole effect hits them.

Also, to get the most out of your harbeneros. Simmer the chilli with them in there, then when you go to serve, pull the peppers out and puree them whole then mix them back in.
I'm making these for wangs not chili that was yesterday but i appreciate the suggestions. I blended the salsa with the other stuff and made a marinate to cook in the oven and I topped it with chocolate pieces so its sweet and its turning out really good but just barely a taste. I did brown sugar also and i think its going have the effect your saying hit them. The chocolate melts into the sauce just perfect and glazes the wangs.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:16 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I'm making these for wangs not chili that was yesterday but i appreciate the suggestions. I blended the salsa with the other stuff and made a marinate to cook in the oven and I topped it with chocolate pieces so its sweet and its turning out really good but just barely a taste. I did brown sugar also and i think its going have the effect your saying hit them. The chocolate melts into the sauce just perfect and glazes the wangs.
That Mrs Renfros is just about my favorite salsa because it has a lot of heat while still having a lot of flavor. It's not just a blast of heat, though it is hot. The tomatoes are sweet and the onions and garlic and stuff pop as well.
[Reply]
scho63 06:31 PM 01-05-2020
That Mrs Renfros is just about my favorite salsa because it has a lot of heat while still having a lot of flavor. It's not just a blast of heat, though it is hot. The tomatoes are sweet and the onions and garlic and stuff pop as well.
They have a real nice lineup of salsas and a variety of heat. I don't see where the give a rating for each to know what the level of heat is from 1 to 10.

Am I missing something? :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 06:53 PM 01-05-2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
threebag 06:58 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Yip
[Reply]
Sorce 07:47 PM 01-05-2020
Not dinner, but just pulled these off the smoker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:55 PM 01-05-2020
Bet those gloves will be tasty!
[Reply]
Sorce 07:58 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Bet those gloves will be tasty!
Already licked them clean.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:00 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:

Awesome!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:01 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Not dinner, but just pulled these off the smoker.

:-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:24 PM 01-05-2020
Picked up one of these dudes to improve the sous vide experience.

Then I tried this hack, and it works very well!

[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:29 PM 01-05-2020
I have smoked, dried, and powder ground, ghost peppers... Talk bout fucking with people I like Molasses for hiding heat.

[Reply]
Rasputin 01:36 AM 01-06-2020
It sure didn't bring the heat that I thought it would but everyone loved my wangs just disappointed wasn't as hot as I was going for but glad they were good.
[Reply]
F150 06:17 AM 01-06-2020
New here but man, some amazing cooks here!
[Reply]
Page 957 of 1203
« First < 457857907947953954955956957 95895996096196710071057 > Last »
Up