ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Forget Peterson and Ramsey
Mecca 08:15 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
As much as Ramsey is a great player, he's Marcus Peters 2.0.
That isn't a good comparison, Ramsey is a far better player and he's on a team where the offense is driving him nuts because the defense is carrying that team and nothing changes.

The fact that in that coach argument 2 players jumped up to back the coach off says that isn't all Ramsey.
[Reply]
O.city 08:17 AM 09-17-2019
If the Chiefs had Marcus Peters right now they'd be more likely to beat NE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:20 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I disagree.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:30 AM 09-17-2019
Yep, he was so awesome for the Rams last year and in the Superbowl...:-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yep, he was so awesome for the Rams last year and in the Superbowl...:-)
Well, first it was in the SuperBowl and they held the Pats to 13 points.

If the Chiefs could do that, we'd all be pretty happy i'd think
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:12 PM 09-17-2019
That is how I see it, thus the locker room reference
[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:17 AM 09-17-2019
Our issue is that offering a 1st rounder doesn't provide much in value. This is the case when you are slated to be at or near the bottom of the 1st round. Makes it much more difficult to compete with other teams who have more valuable draft capital, and means we likely have to offer additional picks just to provide equal compensation. Teams like Oakland, for instance, can be major players in the Ramsey sweepstakes because they suck and because they have a lot more capital to play with.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 AM 09-17-2019
Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.
[Reply]
oldman 08:25 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Also-
I think y'all are freaking out a little too hard on how great the Patriots are right now. They beat the shittiest Steelers team in decades and walloped a team that is literally purposely tanking.

They're the champs until they're not, and I'm certain they'll be good and I'm sure we're going to have to beat them in the play-offs, but I don't think they're better than we are right now.
I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.
[Reply]
O.city 08:28 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
I agree. It wasn't really the passing game that beat us last year, it was the ability to run the ball down our throats. We, with PMII and our WR corps, can hang with the passing game.
It was both. We couldn't stop them doing either really.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:37 AM 09-17-2019
It was both. We couldn't stop them doing either really.
This.

To beat the Patriots, you must have a good scheme, and you must play disciplined assignment sound football.

You can't have freelancers, and you can't have guys running around not knowing what they're doing.

We had both last year, and that's why we got beat. Actually, even with all of that, and the Berry nonsense, we still were four inches from beating them.

Honey Badger>Hobo Berry.
Clark, Ogbah, Okafor>Ford and Houston in terms of being complete players. Breeland, Fuller, Claiborne, Thornhill>than last season's secondary too.
Wilson, Hitchens, Lee> Ragland, Hitchens.
Spags and this staff> better than Grandpa Sutton and the mild bunch.

I think we'll be markedly better by late in the season defensively, and I think we're better offensively.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:22 AM 09-17-2019
Fuck Veach
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 09-17-2019
Oh and we'd have them both right now and frankly I'd sell my nut for a superbowl.

I'm worried about today but going forward a defense built around Frank Clark with other solid lineman and Ramsey on the back end doesn't seem bad.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:36 AM 09-17-2019
Ramsey's a douchebag. And eff him for that cheap shot on Hill. If the Chiefs don't want him, I'm in full support. Especially if it means giving up two first round picks. Screw that bullshit.

Personally, I think we'll be pretty solid with Claiborne/Breeland/Fuller.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:38 AM 09-17-2019
I think the defense is better, I think Breeland has a fighting chance with Gordon but the issue is, if we end up with Ward trying to cover AB we are going to get butt raped as they throw that shit over and over.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up